Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 4th, 2007 at 04:41am
emo.princess:
i dont think online relationships....they are dangerous

Expand your point....
Why are they dangerous?

They're not dangerous if you're carefull and don't rush into things.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
June 4th, 2007 at 04:55pm
^ i disgree with that but i dont. i disagree with that because you never really know who you are talking to even if they send you a picture of a hot teenage boy/girl and say its them, you still never know. the internet has opened many possibilities, but not all of them are good, or safe.

but i do agree because, you're right about not rushing into things, some girls or guys dont really think about what they're saying or how much information they're releasing.

"A Girl's Life Online" its a good book, i would recomend it to you^
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
July 3rd, 2007 at 12:42am
^ i agree u never know

what someone says can be the total opposite of who they really are.
FAKE!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE!
July 3rd, 2007 at 03:18am
Well it just depends on what type of online dating it is...if its setup for just that and its and actual dating sight then its not really dangerous and you can always be opposite from what you actually are .I agree that if you just met in a game room or something then its pretty ignorant....but its there decision..
<33XD
aussie
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 3rd, 2007 at 12:06pm
TOTALLY not for me, but I have actually seen them work watching other people, so if you think you can handle it, go for it.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
July 3rd, 2007 at 04:29pm
I have a mixed view of online relationships. In general, they're fairly harmless and can lead to many great things; I mean, I made one of my best and dearest friends over the Internet on Within Temptation's forum! But I was also chatting to a guy online for months who went a little stalker-crazy on me. Shocked

I think they're fine as long as you're careful with what you say and do! Meeting people on forums especially is grand most of the time-you'll be chatting to people with the same interests as you. Very Happy
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
July 4th, 2007 at 01:03am
GasolineRainbow:
Nahh i don't think i'd ever have a online relationship i find it kind of...dumb. I'd rather be able to touch/see someone face to face.

So... it's dumb to have to work at your relationship rather than taking everything for granted?
When you're in an internet relationship, like me, that expands rarely into physical face-to-face encounters you take every moment and savor it. You cannot take anything for granted because when your seven days are up, it's back to the other side of the country.
Internet relationships are one of the hardest relationships to maintain.
Think about your internet friends . . . there has to be one of them that you just kind of stopped talking to.
With a romantic internet relationship, you have to work you *ss off every single day.
But if you have the courage to do that, it's totally worth it.
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
July 7th, 2007 at 12:40am
I think they're just fine.
For romantic dating crap, as long as you're forsure this is a real person and not a 50 year old prev, go for it.
And for just friendship. Go for that too.
I have plenty of online friends and a few I've even talked to about meeting evenually.
And I think on-line friends are alot easiler to talk to then people you know in real.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 10th, 2007 at 05:21am
I think they're bad if the other person lives too far away because if you try to call them on your phone you get a huge phone bill. This happened to my friend who's boyfriend is from Mexico (they met online.)
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
July 10th, 2007 at 07:19am
I think people can just act so differently and fake over the internet. It's hard to know if the person you're "dating" is acting the same to you as they do to everyone else.
There was this kid who was pretending to be someone else on myspace who dated a bunch of different girls from my town. He called them on the phone and everything. It was way creepy. Then he told everyone that he was fake. I remember talking to him on the phoen once when I was at a party and he called one of these girlfriends and I was like "he sounds like a five year old girl!"
And I guess a bunch of his friends were pretending to be other people, too.
It can just be a bad situation.
TasteOfChaosBabe
Really Not Okay
TasteOfChaosBabe
July 10th, 2007 at 08:04am
I am totally for online friendships, due to the fact that not many of my friends I hang out with have similar music tastes as I, so it's nice being able to talk to people who have the same tastes and interests as you.

However, as far as a romantic relationships go, I could never personally do it. I feel they may be too risky, I know plenty of people who have em, But I guess myself I could never do that.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
July 10th, 2007 at 08:31am
I have a few friends I've made online, but as far as a romantic relationship, I could never do it. Just for the fact that the friends I've made online have no ulterior motive, we just have things in common, and everything they tell me I take with a grain of salt and without caring much whether they're being truthful or not. But if I were to be 'dating' someone I've never met, well, I just don't have that trusting bone in my body - I wouldn't be able to put my doubts aside and believe they really are who and what they say they are, and the relationship wouldn't work because I personally need my man (or woman, although I've never really had a serious relationship with a female, I tend to just screw them and move on) right here with me, not interstate or outside the country.
I just wouldn't be able to handle the stress of organising to see each other, and worrying that I would hate him twenty minutes after he picked me up from the airport.

Funny story about online relationships, actually, I know this is totally irrelevant but I just have to share it around because I'm incredibly spiteful like that...
My last ex has a big rant in his 'who I'd like to meet' section on MySpace, meant to annoy me, about how he wants to meet 'a girl that doesn't cheat' (because I kind of hooked up with his housemate, way long story, either way, I haven't lost any sleep over it and I'm now married to the guy so obviously things have worked out for the best)... He 'meets' this girl who lives six hours away from where we live, and I'm like 'Pfft, she's probably a fat ugly cow, or totally retarded, because nobody would want to be with him if they had a brain'... a few months later, they're still 'together', and I heard recently that she's pregnant.
The kicker? He's incapable of fathering children, but in total denial about it, so the stupid git probably does beleive it's his and that she's been faithful. Honestly, when a friend said to me the other night, 'Hey, did you hear Matt's girlfriend is pregnant?' I instantly spat out the mouthful of Coke I'd just swigged and screamed, 'It's so not his!' and started laughing - and everyone else totally agreed with me, as we all know he's infertile and that she must have cheated in order to get pregant - unless she's the Virgin Mary masquerading as a skank, and this is the second coming of Jesus.
So yeah, I don't trust internet relationships because God knows whose kid that is - certainly not my ex's, I would bet anybody a hundred thousand dollars that a DNA test would prove I'm right. So it's backfired on him seriously - he advertised exactly what he was looking for in a girl, which is the good thing about the internet, there's no pussyfooting around, you just say 'I'm looking for this, this and that qualities in a partner, if that's not you don't bother', and you still can't guarantee you're going to get what you want.

Oh God, every time I think about it I can't help but literally laugh out loud. Sorry-ass loser...
asleep!or!DEAD
Killjoy
asleep!or!DEAD
July 11th, 2007 at 04:06am
I believe they can work because people say that being away frmo somebody only makes the heart grow even fonder. And when you meet them in person, you might just be in love.
asleep!or!DEAD
Killjoy
asleep!or!DEAD
July 11th, 2007 at 04:19am
writerGrrl:
I think they're bad if the other person lives too far away because if you try to call them on your phone you get a huge phone bill. This happened to my friend who's boyfriend is from Mexico (they met online.)

OMG I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE. Haha just decided to let you know that.
Anyways, they can be dangerous. But also they can be true. It's basically a luck of the draw when it comes to dating online if you meet the person over the internet.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
July 12th, 2007 at 08:10am

I think have the potential to be dangerous, but it really depends on the people!
FuckinDinoRawr
Banned
FuckinDinoRawr
July 12th, 2007 at 08:34am
I am in an online relationship and it's kinda hard. We've been having fights because he doesn't get my sense of humor and you can't really be funny online (typing).
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
July 13th, 2007 at 03:56am
FuckinDinoRawr:
I am in an online relationship and it's kinda hard. We've been having fights because he doesn't get my sense of humor and you can't really be funny online (typing).

It takes awhile to be able to sense tone through the internet.
And it depends on how your relationship is working at the time.
Right now Andie and I can't sense tone because we're fighting.
But normally we can understand sarcasm, wit, humor, etc.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 13th, 2007 at 04:36am
I had a girlfriendover the internet. We loved each other so much, but it kind of got boring because you couldn't kiss each other or go out, I give 'em a hug when they're feeling down, so it was kind of sad. =(
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 08:37pm
good things come out of online relationships. thats how i met my best friend sarah! my brother (davey) got a myspace and she added him and they started talking and ended up dating. although they did break up she has became both of our best friends. she lives in the next state so she comes down alot. and she always brings her friends, which are really cool too. we are actually going up there to see them tommorow and i dont find nothing wrong with online relationships. i mean give them a try!