On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:31pm
XxJill_SkittlesxX:
It's not bright, no.
1 - Well, obviously, you don't really know who the person is anyway.
2 - You can never meet, hang out, or hold hands--if you do, it's a very difficult thing to set up, especially if you live many miles away.
3 - They could be a sexual predator!
4 - If they're a fake, it can hurt you really bad.
So, kiddies, I do not recommend online relationships. Listen to your computer lab teachers and all will go well. Very Happy

EVERYONE should know that, or atleast me and you do, but now its a whole different story whether the others listen or not, correct?
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 26th, 2007 at 12:28pm
XxJill_SkittlesxX:
It's not bright, no.
2 - You can never meet, hang out, or hold hands--if you do, it's a very difficult thing to set up, especially if you live many miles away.
So, kiddies, I do not recommend online relationships. Listen to your computer lab teachers and all will go well. Very Happy

And just to add to that:

5) they could be using a fake picture and so you think they're dead pretty/handsome/cute/ect and tehn you could meet them and you'd be like "eeeww your ugly"

Razz

sorry i'm rather superficial,
well actually not really,
i just think it'd be funny if that happned Smile
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
December 26th, 2007 at 01:28pm
I certainly don't agree with it.
You don't know who the hell you're talking to most of the time. They may tell you things about themselves but you never know what to believe and what not to believe.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 26th, 2007 at 07:42pm
Patron_Saint:
You don't know who the hell you're talking to most of the time. They may tell you things about themselves but you never know what to believe and what not to believe.

Aye I had term for what. Sugar honey ice tea, I forgot it, but there is a proper term for those who make you believe and "Create" you, depending on how much you "Get into it"
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
December 26th, 2007 at 08:45pm
PaperDoll:
Patron_Saint:

Aye I had term for what. Sugar honey ice tea, I forgot it, but there is a proper term for those who make you believe and "Create" you, depending on how much you "Get into it"

Oh really? I didn't know that.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
December 26th, 2007 at 09:57pm
Dani Filth please change your font color and guys, don't spam.
Discuss more.
LittleSydneyScissors
Jazz Hands
LittleSydneyScissors
December 27th, 2007 at 11:50am
PaperDoll:
XxJill_SkittlesxX:
It's not bright, no.

EVERYONE should know that, or atleast me and you do, but now its a whole different story whether the others listen or not, correct?

Eh, true. But seriously...I don't get how people can just ignore what their family, probably friends, and especially technology/computer lab teachers have told them about this kind of stuff...it's unreal how many people just ignore the advice and commands.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 27th, 2007 at 01:09pm
I believe those would be called "Ignorants" and "Hardheaded" people, I do not and I'm not into online relationships, despite the fact that the person might meet them, but they should take many things into consideration
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
December 27th, 2007 at 01:16pm
I am in two minds about the whole 'online relationships'.

In my opinion, there isn't nothing wrong with meeting up with someone you've met off the internet, as long as you are of age, aware of the risks and meet up with the person with a friend of yours.

In my opinion, going alone is silly. But if you really must, make sure it's in a very public space, so that if anything dodgy occurs, you're not alone.
If that makes sense.

On the other hand, it's dangerous and perhaps not needed. There are so many weirdo's and odd people out there, not looking for what you are.
You can't trust anyone via the net.

I think young people need to be informed more of the dangers.
Simply thinking "oh, it won't happen to me" isn't enough.

What I do not understand is how people can go out with someone who they've never met, but are 'in love' with over the net.
It's not possible.
You may think they're great.
But there isn't any intimacy or physical connection.

Do you really want a relationship that can only go as far as 'dirty talk'?
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 27th, 2007 at 02:00pm
^^Perhaps mentally ill people would, if thats the case in being easily convinced
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
December 27th, 2007 at 03:09pm
brendon urie.:
they work.
i've been in one for over eight months and it's everything i've dreamed of in a perfect relationship and more.
i know i'm in love. nothing's ever stopped the idea of me being in love with her.

no matter how long it takes to see her, i'll always love her.
i think we're proof that it can work.

I'm same with Melyssa.
Unless you know for sure they're legit, why not? There's ways to prove they're real.
I've been with my girl since July.

It can work. It doesn't all end badly. But it's one of those things you have to have happen to you so you understand.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 27th, 2007 at 08:57pm
With all respect, thats good for you guys and yes some people will make it sound like its good, which sometimes it is, but most of the time, it is not
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 27th, 2007 at 08:57pm
Also, is online-dating making myspace look/sound bad?
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
December 27th, 2007 at 10:13pm
I think online dating can make or break myspace.
Like if the guy turns out to be totally opposite of what they said, yes, that's a bad part for myspace. But there's that option on myspace that says "I am here for..." and one of the options is "dating/relationships", and people could take those very seriously and not lie about anything.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 28th, 2007 at 01:27pm
^^Yes, so It has its ups and downs
ShotGun Sinner.XG
Fabulous Killjoy
ShotGun Sinner.XG
December 28th, 2007 at 02:04pm
Online dating is...different. Hahaha.
I've been in several online relationships. The 1st one really messed with my head. I was exposed to a world that i never knew existed, by that, I mean MCR.
Some people are really desperate and rush into things, thats kinda what i've noticed.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 28th, 2007 at 02:09pm
ShotGun Sinner.XG:
Online dating is...different. Hahaha.
I've been in several online relationships. The 1st one really messed with my head. I was exposed to a world that i never knew existed, by that, I mean MCR.
Some people are really desperate and rush into things, thats kinda what i've noticed.

Hmm? How was the first online relationship, like how did it "mess with your mind"?
stxrlesseyes
Always Born a Crime
stxrlesseyes
January 2nd, 2008 at 10:51pm
My Views On Online Relationships:

1. How do you know that that person isn't playing you? How do you know they are just doing it to feel special to themselves?
2. You have NO idea of what they are doing when they are not online. There are just so many possibilities of things that they could be doing that you have no clue about
3. Why put yourself through something like that? Never seeing eachother, talking on the phone, any of that. You'd just feel sad and alone on anniversaries and days where couples are supposed to be together.
4. How can you love someone without ever meeting them? To me it just seems impossible to truly love someone whom you've never met.

just don't do it. especially if you have people at home who are falling for you. believe me, i know from personal experience, nothing hurts more than having the guy you like turn you down for someone across the country...
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:46am
I've read a whole lot of they could be lying, using fake pictures etc, etc.
But I really think, personally, that the internet just reflects real life.
Like for instance, if you're going to lie about everything online, then you're probably going to lie in real life too.

But mostly, I think it's normal people like you or me, just using a less 'traditional' method of communication. I think it even makes it easier for people who are normally shy to open up.
I've met quite a few people off the net - many who have become close friends, and there hasn't been one case of lying or deception.

Although I may be a bit biased, because I met my boyfriend over the net, and we live together now, and have been together for over two years & I couldn't be happier! Smile
The Taste for Blood
Salute You in Your Grave
The Taste for Blood
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:29pm
Online friends are ok but actual relationships are stupid, pointless and really creepy.