On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
cinderella.
Really Not Okay
cinderella.
April 9th, 2007 at 02:06am
your_pretty_face:
fuckthemango:
I don't think.. It's normal.. Like.. What would you do? Intahweb seckz?
Eh. Whatever floats your boat.

Relationships aren't all about sex.

little lady from.:
i think they're pointless, basically.

They're just as pointy as normal relationships.
Two people caring about each other.
The fact that they're far away from each other isn't their fault.
It just means they have to work harder to stay in touch.

[i]i agree 100% ! ... Me and Drea dont have "secks", but we would die for eachother, we're supported eachtoher through SO much...
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
Killjoy
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
April 9th, 2007 at 07:16am
i think it's a bad idea i saw this video clip one time it was a girl hu met this guy over msn hu sed he was 15(she was 14).a few days later they exchanged phone numbers and never lost contact.he asked if they could meet the next week she sed yes and she waited in mcdonalds where he told her to wait.then a few minutes after that this old man(roughly late 50's) and sed he was that 15 yr old.the girl managed to get away from him wen he grabbed her by the arm and she turned him into the police.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
April 9th, 2007 at 11:23am
Online relationships isnt a good idea because a person can pose as another person like a dude could be a chick.Chatting with the person you met on the internet is by far wrong because webcamming and imming isnt gonna change anything you still dont know the person.if your a seriously young person in your preteens its very very wrong to get into online relationships cause it could cause to alot of bad and harmful things.like i said people could be posing and falling in love with a person you think is hot or what ever cause he/she descibed her/himself to you.Anything could happen and its not a good thing risking your portection for a person you met on the internet.Online relationships are one of the reason why kids get kidnapped and more stuff happens besides that.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
April 9th, 2007 at 05:06pm
shaweesah:loves:drea:
page claim x]

Page claims are spam.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 9th, 2007 at 05:26pm
xxxDeath'sAngelxxx:
Online relationships isnt a good idea because a person can pose as another person like a dude could be a chick.Chatting with the person you met on the internet is by far wrong because webcamming and imming isnt gonna change anything you still dont know the person.if your a seriously young person in your preteens its very very wrong to get into online relationships cause it could cause to alot of bad and harmful things.like i said people could be posing and falling in love with a person you think is hot or what ever cause he/she descibed her/himself to you.Anything could happen and its not a good thing risking your portection for a person you met on the internet.Online relationships are one of the reason why kids get kidnapped and more stuff happens besides that.

Yes, and the person could be exactly who they they are.
They could become your best friend, your boy/girlfriend, your husband/wife.
You can know a person emotionally and mentally through the internet.
It's the connection and not the physical that's important.
And yes, some kids get tricked online, but some don't.
So ... DON'T BE STUPID.
[The kids, not you.]
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 10th, 2007 at 05:28am
i think that if you are just chatting online then just be friends

people that start dating online when theyve never met i dont understand it myself

because, like, its NOT a relationship really is it? you cant act like couples do, because you're never with each other

but if you do feel strongly for each other, then meet, and start a relationship that makes more sense to me, just cos then you do see each other

but yeah if its a purely online thing, to me it isnt a relationship

but of course like you guys have mentioned, meeting can be risky with people online, but if you take precautions and are careful, and dont meet at too young an age then chances are you'll be fine
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:19am
I think it's okay i you have actually met the person in real life and know that they're actually who you think they are
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 10th, 2007 at 03:24pm
It depends, I know people in online relationships, i mean there isnt really anything bad about it, as long as you know who you are talking to
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:43pm
kjw3107:
because, like, its NOT a relationship really is it? you cant act like couples do, because you're never with each other

but yeah if its a purely online thing, to me it isnt a relationship

Define how couples act.
Do couples joke around, comfort each other, tell stories, share experiences, and help each other?
They should.
Me and my fiance do.
But because you said so, of course my relationship of nearly a year and my engagement of nearly 6 months isn't a relationship.

Don't assume you know how people in internet relationships act.
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
April 10th, 2007 at 11:34pm
Druscilla:

Totally on your side.

I've been with my boyfriend for a year in a few weeks.

We see each other...once every two months or so. What we have is something most people cannot maintain, because although I can only talk to him online, thanks to my parents, our relationship has become something most offline couples can barely retain. And yes, I don't consider this 100% an online relationship, although I met him on a forum, I've met him so many times to the point I trust him fully. (Luckily, he lives a few towns over, although it takes two and a half hours by train...yet, he still does it for me.) And yes, we have repulsive restrictions placed upon us, which have made it hard for both of us to function. But we get through it.

I think, if it's true commitment, it's great. It preps you for college long distance relationships, and, it helps understand the meaning of a non physical relationship.

However, if you don't check this person out, as in, somehow get background info proving they aren't a sex predator beforehand, I don't suggest it. I know I got my boyfriend checked out before I met him offline. It isn't so hard to do...
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
April 10th, 2007 at 11:35pm
druscilla; in rags:
Define how couples act.
Do couples joke around, comfort each other, tell stories, share experiences, and help each other?
They should.
Me and my fiance do.
But because you said so, of course my relationship of nearly a year and my engagement of nearly 6 months isn't a relationship.

Don't assume you know how people in internet relationships act.

She means going to the movies, having dinner, spending time
in the flesh with one another, etc. That sort of couple behaviour.

Also, no need to get snippy. She has every right to believe that internet
relationships are not real, just as you have every right to believe they do.
What one person believes doesn't effect the truth of the matter, so either
one of you believing what you will won't hurt the other or the reality of the
matter.
differant.
Shotgun Sinner
differant.
April 11th, 2007 at 08:36am
personally, i think it's ok. provided you've actually met the person you're supposedly dating.
however, meeting someone online and calling them yours is not cool.
you may think you can trust them because they seem so genuine, but you really never know.

but...whatever floats your boat i guess.
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
April 11th, 2007 at 01:50pm
I, personally, couldnt do it myself. Unless I had met the person, then for me, I couldnt go out with some online like. If I had met them before, and met them like once a month or whatever at least, then, I suppose I could, but if id never met the person, only spoken to them online, then i couldnt do it. Like, I duno, people can act different in real life to what they act like online, for example, in real life, I can act MEGA shy, but, online, im pretty outgoing and confident..I know when ive met up with people who ive only spoken to online, they have come across a lot differently than what i thought they were like at first. Like, yeh, I talk to people online who i consider to be like best friends to me, I've never met them before, but they are just awesome to me over the internet, they help me out etc..so I could kinda understand...but..i think to be in love with someone like, you've never ever met before, is kinda..i duno..i just couldnt do that myself.

So yeh, basically, unless ive met the person a couple of times, instead of JUST speaking online, then I couldnt do it. but thats just me, everyone is different, just because I couldnt do it doesnt mean I dont think online relationships could work or whatever....
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 13th, 2007 at 05:08am
i think online friendships are great ideas.
for example, the people you meet are totally away from youe social circle and it is nice to have someone to talk to without having to see them day in day out. it also means that you can get away from all the problems of day to day life, and talk about new things with people who are having the same experiences. i mean, my entire year at school is made of 13 people. just 13, so it is nice to have a friend online who i can talk to, as it can get wearing talking to the same people everyday.
how ever, i'm not really into online relationships. i don't know why, but i don't think of it as a real full blown relationship. for me a relationship is about physical chemistry as well as emotional connections, so online relationships wouldn't work for me.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
April 13th, 2007 at 09:34am
I Think There Ok But Not If They Go To Far, Like Trading Phone Numbers.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
April 13th, 2007 at 10:24am
I think a number of things about online realatinships, but I think one of the most amazing things about online realationships is being able to confide in someone you know that can't act against it.

Well of course they can act against it, but knowing that this person may not know who you are and whatnot you know... I think you get it Smile

But some people on this site who I don't technically "know" are amazing people for the fact that they give advice and everything and whatnot, and I can talk more openly with them sometimes than the people that surround me everyday!

One of the most amazing people I ever mate online quickly became someone that meant alot..
I didn't obsess over them or what ever people might think, but they became the reason I smiled in class and everything.
And I think thats perfectly ok Smile
The best think about when they asked why I was smiling and i said "brock" they didn't know who it was Smile
He was all mine Smile
muwahahaha, LOL ok,

but in short , everything is ok, if you go the right way about it,
and that includes online realationships!
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 13th, 2007 at 11:13am
CupidsMurderscene:
I Think There Ok But Not If They Go To Far, Like Trading Phone Numbers.

Why?
If you know and trust the person, what's wrong with exchanging phone numbers?
I've exchanged phone numbers with 5 of my internet friends and nothing bad has come of it.
I exchanged a phone number with a guy online I didn't know and bad stuff happened.
Do the math.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 13th, 2007 at 11:14am
dieontuesday:
you may think you can trust them because they seem so genuine, but you really never know.

You never really know.
I've heard that a lot.
It means you don't know if they're lying ...
Or if they're who they say they are and everything they've represented themselves to be.
Meaning, sometimes it's worth the risk if it's done safely.
For instance, there is a second reason I give out my cell phone number as opposed to my home phone: it's registered in a city 90 minutes from me and cannot be traced back to my home address.
shadowsgirl
Killjoy
shadowsgirl
April 13th, 2007 at 01:05pm
i think they are a bad idea.
you never know if this person isnt like 20 or forty years old even a pedophile!
i had a online relationship for two months and it didnt wrok.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 13th, 2007 at 06:28pm
shadowsgirl:
i think they are a bad idea.
you never know if this person isnt like 20 or forty years old even a pedophile!
i had a online relationship for two months and it didnt wrok.

I've had one for 11 months and we're engaged.
Internet relationships don't work for everyone.
And see the above post in response to your middle line.