Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
MikeyWayOwnsYou
Killjoy
MikeyWayOwnsYou
April 23rd, 2009 at 11:13am
I'm in one now. Have been for two months. And I've been in 2 others in the past. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I'm fully commited to her and I love her to death. We talk on the phone/IM/Mibba/Bebo etc. We're always talking. We don't have kissing/holding hands etc. But we don't need that shit. We're content with each other.
gerardgrl23
Killjoy
gerardgrl23
April 23rd, 2009 at 01:51pm
i want 2 have one!
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
April 24th, 2009 at 06:31am
i think its okay as long as your resposible and you actually are sure that the person on the other side of the computer is who they claim to be.

i have a friend who fancies someone from america.
he plans to go and live there to meet him.

but if you have no intention to either meet them or your lieing or being lied to
i think theres no point.
i think theres even more pointless if your form different countries,

buit its not my life.
its theirs.
if they want to date someone over the internet.
let them.
BRETTage-MCR4eva
Banned
BRETTage-MCR4eva
April 24th, 2009 at 07:21am
BOINGage-MCRmy:
i think its okay as long as your resposible and you actually are sure that the person on the other side of the computer is who they claim to be.

i have a friend who fancies someone from america.
he plans to go and live there to meet him.

but if you have no intention to either meet them or your lieing or being lied to
i think theres no point.
i think theres even more pointless if your form different countries,

buit its not my life.
its theirs.
if they want to date someone over the internet.
let them.
as you were saying about dating over the internet what is iut with match.com they're doing anything to get people on there...they're advertiswing on the telly...there giving people free months...but in the first place you have to pay...i mean if you go out and ask someone instead of using match.com and others then you dont have to pay for it...its called fekkin logic...GRRR...whats so great about match.com anyways i mean you have to pay to get on it then wat if you never find love...your stuck with a website you cba to use and your down on money cause you signed up in the fekkin first place... it stupid and i dont think its right
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 01:57pm
I don't mind them.

You just have to make real sure who the person is and learn to
trust eachother.
I'm in one right now.
Hes seventeen,I'm sixteen.
We've known for eachother for a while now. We traded numbers.
We talk on the phone. [He lives in NY] I really didn't mean to fall
for him. But,it happened. You can't help but love someone.

I know hes real. Webcams help alot also. I've seen him acouple of
times. We plan on seeing eachother.

But it's hard.
Because you can't be with them.
Hold their hand,hug, hand out and stuff. You want to be
with them,infront of them no matter what it takes.
I'm careful. I know hes real.
I've talk to him on the phone.
Seen him webcam. I know hes not some 50 year old guy wanting
to rape me.

It's just bad for like,13 year olds.
They don't really know,or how to make sure.
They 'fall in love' with the things the person tells me,so they fall
harder and are the ones getting hurt.

I think,once you're older,it's alittle better.
Because you're careful and more cautious..
famouslastwordsxoxo
Killjoy
famouslastwordsxoxo
December 12th, 2009 at 03:52pm
IXPROMISE:
i think its a bad idea
(im from jersey to Smile)

I think it's okay I had an online relationship with a guy who lived in my town. It was working until my parents found out and were like he is too old for you. I was 13 he was 16. It was fine. They also didn't like it because he was my brother's best friend
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
December 13th, 2009 at 10:45pm
Romantica.:
I don't mind them.

You just have to make real sure who the person is and learn to
trust eachother.
I'm in one right now.
Hes seventeen,I'm sixteen.
We've known for eachother for a while now. We traded numbers.
We talk on the phone. [He lives in NY] I really didn't mean to fall
for him. But,it happened. You can't help but love someone.

I know hes real. Webcams help alot also. I've seen him acouple of
times. We plan on seeing eachother.

But it's hard.
Because you can't be with them.
Hold their hand,hug, hand out and stuff. You want to be
with them,infront of them no matter what it takes.
I'm careful. I know hes real.
I've talk to him on the phone.
to rape me.

It's just bad for like,13 year olds.
They don't really know,or how to make sure.
They 'fall in love' with the things the person tells me,so they fall
harder and are the ones getting hurt.

I think,once you're older,it's alittle better.
Because you're careful and more cautious..

You're barely older than 13! Many 13 year-olds are more mature than you are, and many are less mature than you are. It's sooo close in age that you can't separate it like that. Not much changes between those ages, on average.
AvengedRomace
Fabulous Killjoy
AvengedRomace
December 14th, 2009 at 09:50am
I Have two sides on this....
1) I think you should be a little it older to do it like my friend, she is 13, and she always has an online relationship, I think that she is a bit to young to be doing that, I would never do it because of my age, to many pedifiles out there now.

2) it could be a good thing when you are in 20's or 30's and you don't want to go out to find that someone, it is somthing you can do in the safety of your home and get to know the person before you want to meet them.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
December 14th, 2009 at 07:46pm
Romantica.:

to rape me.
What if he's some 17 year old who wants to rape you?
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
December 22nd, 2009 at 06:20pm
I don' t think it is a bad thing. Obviously there are the high risk of dangers, but sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, tweo people can love each other, and not have met. It can happen, and if people want to have online relationships, then go on ahead! =]
flock of doves!
Killjoy
flock of doves!
December 24th, 2009 at 01:40am
personally, i think it just depends. im on this forum where everyone is really close and friendly, we even have a little family thing going on. we trust each other, and i know several of them have been in online relationships with each other.
one even worked out. they met each other online, and fell in love. a wedding is planned when she is 21, because they are both lesbians/bisexual, mind you, and thats when she can get married legally. Her girlfriend is from Germany, she is from Britan, and they are the cutest couple i've ever seen. Both of them are very close to me. I love that they have met each other for real multiple times in the past.
Now, i'm not saying that just because THEY worked out, other online relationships will. there are dangers online and i think that if a person is mature enough and old enough, knows the dangers and recognizes them, then maybe an online relationship would be fine.
Hooray4You
Killjoy
Hooray4You
January 6th, 2010 at 11:46am
Im in one and its hard... But its not as if I planned it! I just started talking to her and ended up falling in love with her, I didn't even know she was into girls! My life would be so different without her and she gets me by! Smile But yeah, you gotta be safe and know who you are talking to! Razz
Poisoned Cookie
Killjoy
Poisoned Cookie
January 7th, 2010 at 09:49am
I don't think its a bad thing. But you have to be safe... I know a person who was talking to somebody online all the time and she was really happy, she didn't feel so depressed until one day when they talked on a webcam. He was a 30-40 married man and he lied he's 18.
Lily.
Killjoy
Lily.
January 15th, 2010 at 06:46pm
I'm sort of in one...
Didn't plan it though, we just started talking...mostly from the minute he woke up to the minute I went to bed...unless I skipped a night and talked to him for more than 24 hours...and the more we talked, the more I started to love him...
The worst part is, I live in Belgium and he lives in the US...but we're going to try and meet, and who knows...Smile

But you have to be careful, 'cause you never know who you're really talking to...unless you're using webcams of course :p
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 18th, 2010 at 03:07am
I feel there's more to the issue than 'being safe when meeting'. How about being emotionally safe? Do you believe that someone over a computer screen could hold a long term lasting relationship with you where neither one of you gets hurt or jealous at all?

You may know who the person is to look at but do you really know THEM? Are you sure of their intentions? Of course, this can be said for relationships both on and offline but, not physically being with them or being able to share experiences with them from a first-hand perspective can contribute to a variety of difficulties.

Many of people have been there; you know someone in real life and can't speak to them in person very well due to awkwardness, you talk on MSN and can talk for ages due to the confidence a computer screen gives you. But your friendship is still not affected outside of this. Who is to say an internet relationship won't end up the same?

Personally, I don't think I could do it. I'm too paranoid, get jealous far too easily and, above all, love the physicality of a relationship. For me, it would be too difficult not to have any of that. However, in general, I don't believe internet relationships to be an entirely bad thing, I just believe more people need to look at the broader picture instead of 'you don't know who they are!' or 'I've seen him on webcam so it must be love'.
fear_of_falling
Killjoy
fear_of_falling
January 31st, 2010 at 06:04am
Personally, I find them unsuccessful. But whatever floats your boat.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
January 31st, 2010 at 07:16am
fear_of_falling:
Personally, I find them unsuccessful. But whatever floats your boat.
Do you even find the ones that have been successful to be unsuccessful?