Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 05:50am
Well from personal experience, its alot harder because i remember when my ex moved and all we really could do was talk online. You cant really trust them cause they could be as faithful as you or a cheater. Its also easier to lose touch with someone. Its also difficult because when your sad and need someone to talk what if shes not online.or he. its just harder and much easier to be with someone directly in front of you. You can look in their eyes hear there voice touch there skin and hug hold and kiss them you cant do that online. Now can ya? So it dont really work for me some people out there it does though thats really not me though
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 14th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Roarr:
You cant really trust them cause they could be as faithful as you or a cheater.

Why date someone you don't trust in the first place?
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 14th, 2007 at 01:55pm
For some it works, for others it doesn't. Thumbs up if you can handle an online relationship. To tell the truth, I can imagine being with someone and using the internet as the main source to connect. But at one point or another, I'd have to meet them before I take things too seriously.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 03:56pm
I'd have to meet them before I take things too seriously.

Exactly what he just said and you go out with someone to be come closer i have friends out there i dont really trust atfirst but now id put my life before theirs
Motherfuckingwar
Fabulous Killjoy
Motherfuckingwar
April 24th, 2007 at 02:02pm
Well I would not have an on-line relationship just for one reason first of all i might never ever see that person and that "person" might not be the person who they say they are and then you meet them and itz some like 40 year old rapist or somehting
I just think people shud be EXTRA careful with that stuff
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
April 24th, 2007 at 02:13pm
bloodredruby69:
druscilla; in rags:
Define how couples act.
Do couples joke around, comfort each other, tell stories, share experiences, and help each other?
They should.
Me and my fiance do.
But because you said so, of course my relationship of nearly a year and my engagement of nearly 6 months isn't a relationship.

Don't assume you know how people in internet relationships act.

She means going to the movies, having dinner, spending time
in the flesh with one another, etc. That sort of couple behaviour.

Also, no need to get snippy. She has every right to believe that internet
relationships are not real, just as you have every right to believe they do.
What one person believes doesn't effect the truth of the matter, so either
one of you believing what you will won't hurt the other or the reality of the
matter.

yeah i didnt mean it as a personal attack on people that have chosen to havve an internet relationship

i am just saying for me personally, i would rather have a relationship with someone i know rather than someone online who i have never met

my friend met her boyfriend online

but they only started a relationship once they'd met in the flesh. To me that makes more sense, because firstly a face 2 face conversation is different to an online one so to begin with they now know they get along as much as they thought they did.

and they see each other, they travel to each others areas to hang out for a few days at a time, but now i dont call that an internet relationship just a long distance one.

meeting online is cool, but to me, i still say, that for it to be an actual relationship id want to meet the person first

xoxo
VampireSquad
Jazz Hands
VampireSquad
April 25th, 2007 at 01:44am
I would say half and half. =/
You can't blame people falling in love over someone over the internet if that's all they have. And it's even better when the person they like, likes them back.
Yet what has been repeated, it /could/ be a fifty year old dude who's waiting to pounce since it IS a very technological time. People can do whatever they want.
All I am suggesting is that people should take the right choices; not giving out information. Either it could help tons for them, or they'll end up being killed... Eh.

But on the better note, friends online are fun. =)
I have tons and I love them just about as much as I do as my real friends. And it's great because I have known them (some for years) and others for many months. You just gain a good trust.
And because you /know/ they are as old as you, it makes things even better. The discussions are pretty interesting.

So yes'm, half and half.

Reference: Myself and this creepy dude and then me and Messer. Oi.
ABORTIONABORTION!
Awake and Unafraid
ABORTIONABORTION!
April 25th, 2007 at 05:07am
internet relationships are hell difficult... I would know as i just came out of one about a week ago...
I think there's nothing wrong with it... as long as you don't take everything too seriously...
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
April 25th, 2007 at 06:57pm
LipGloss And Black.:
internet relationships are hell difficult... I would know as i just came out of one about a week ago...
I think there's nothing wrong with it... as long as you don't take everything too seriously...

Elaborate, please?
Because I, for one, always think a relationship should be taken seriously.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
April 27th, 2007 at 10:45pm
i got to know my ex through sms and chatting online (although he was a friend of my friend).

but i was introduced to him online and we got to know each other there.

the relationship was... good. i still miss him occasionally.

shows that getting to know people online isn't that bad after all.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
May 1st, 2007 at 07:04pm
I had a talk with my friend; and just a quick sum up.

Online/over phone on long distance, you can often image yourself or shape yourself to be or sound exactly how you want it...which can be misleading.

But more important, you don't see how they act throughout REAL LIFE, in the flesh. I, for one, and many others, act far different at school or around friends...than I do when i really connect and talk to people.

You may be an ass during the day around others, and be a kind tender hearted person when you get on text or whatever... During a long distance relationship, you're mostly only seeing the 2nd behavior of the person, and not their majority day's behavior. Sure, you may know the person for who they are emotionally...but not stability-wise.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:49am
^
It's not going to be a good relationship if you aren't honest anyway.
I know people who date in real life who act one way around their friends and another with their significant other.
It's not strictly a LD/online relationship thing.
It works for any relationship.
mcr rulez
Killjoy
mcr rulez
May 7th, 2007 at 12:56pm
im in 2 minds about online relationships first how do you know the person you are talking to is who they say they are and in other ways it can be friendly as well
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 7th, 2007 at 03:01pm
^
Don't date anyone you don't trust.
I knew my fiance was who she said she was because we talked on the phone, her story never changed, and I had talked to everyone in her family before we started dating.
Andie is Andie.

I was also in an "internet relationship" my junior year that was stupid.
I didn't get any information on the person, didn't think about who they could be, gave out my personal information, and got in really deep over my head.

Basically, be smart.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:03pm
Well, if you feel comfortable in trusting what the other sais then there should be no problem. Trust is a big issue after all in pretty much all relationships. From personal experience it is a bit difficult to maintain but if you have the faith, determination and, obviously, the love for this other person than there shouldn't be any problem. Just be careful if you try and attempt one, and be ready for it...that's all really...
Bert McCookie.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bert McCookie.
May 10th, 2007 at 10:03pm
I think its alright. but I dont think its safe. Neutral
I'm not saying that everyone is dangerous, but many of them are.
Meat-Free
Bleeding on the Floor
Meat-Free
May 10th, 2007 at 10:21pm
I think that online relationships are stupid,dangerous, and unrealistic.
So many things could go wrong.
Some online relationships are acceptable only if they are truely in love with them.
Otherwise you seem desperate .
And God knows who the person could actually be or what their intentions are.
Well, thats my opinion.
Save The Bunnies!!
Jazz Hands
Save The Bunnies!!
May 10th, 2007 at 10:28pm
they work or they dont!! and

yea it can be dangerous!!
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 10th, 2007 at 10:30pm
LongLiveMCR:
I think that online relationships are stupid,dangerous, and unrealistic.
So many things could go wrong.
Some online relationships are acceptable only if they are truely in love with them.
Otherwise you seem desperate .
And God knows who the person could actually be or what their intentions are.
Well, thats my opinion.

So... basically your saying all online relationship are bad... except for some.

You don't immediately fall in love with someone, you know.

By your thinking you should never be in an internet relationship because you normally have to be in one for a period of time before you are in love with someone.

And sometimes there's this thing called unrequited love. I was in love with the person who stalked me on the internet because I didn't know s/he was a vile liar.

And if someone wants to look desperate what business is that except for their own?
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
May 13th, 2007 at 09:12pm
well i met an amazing boy online and i just found out yesterday that he likes me and i like him too. i dont know what to do, because he lives so far away, but we talk a lot and i plan on meeting him someday. AND PLEASE DON'T SAY "BE CAREFUL-HE MIGHT RAPE YOU." I know what i'm doing. I'm not stupid.

so yeah, i see nothing wrong with them if you're mature enough to handle them.