Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
May 13th, 2007 at 09:50pm
Jenni Colon Sexy Bac:
I have had four online relationships, and it can work as long as both parties are willin to communicate with each other. It is hard though, expecially since you can hang out with them, hold their hands, etc etc. Some people can do it- I have seen two couples who met over the internet and are now married with kids. Happily married I may add.

exactly.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 21st, 2007 at 12:00pm
that's a bad idea. i mean, you don't know that person much, so why do you have a relationship with him/her.
i think its somehow even dangerous. there are a lot of murderers and rapist out there who go online to search for a victim.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 21st, 2007 at 02:10pm
xxangelxunderneathxx:
that's a bad idea. i mean, you don't know that person much, so why do you have a relationship with him/her.
i think its somehow even dangerous. there are a lot of murderers and rapist out there who go online to search for a victim.

If you talk to someone online for awhile, you can get to know them.
You don't have to immediately start a relationship with the first person you meet in a chatroom.
And there are also a lot of murderers and rapists that aren't on the internet.
Jayohen
Fabulous Killjoy
Jayohen
May 21st, 2007 at 07:57pm
Most of my lovers have been online relationships. But, its just an opinion, its not really right, or wrong.. I don't care if you want to have one.. but i'm done with it.. I ruined me... and i'm sure it ruined them aswell.. but it just didn't work for me.. my cousin met her husband online, and she's so happily married to him. I can't honestly say what my opinion is.. I mean.. it works for some people, but not for me.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
May 21st, 2007 at 08:14pm
I think that its ok as long as you have proof that the person is who they have said they are. But if there is no proof then I think that you should either try to get some proof, or end the relationship.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 21st, 2007 at 08:58pm
i think that u can't really date-date someone online
u can "love" them and have a friendship, but unless you've really met before, then no.
idk, im old fashioned and believe in dates to the movies and holding hands and all that other crap
which u cant really do over the web
unless...nope.impossible.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 21st, 2007 at 10:50pm
Username?:
i think that u can't really date-date someone online
u can "love" them and have a friendship, but unless you've really met before, then no.
idk, im old fashioned and believe in dates to the movies and holding hands and all that other crap
which u cant really do over the web
unless...nope.impossible.

I believe a relationship is based on more than dates and holding hands.
I believe it should be based on the relationship and attraction between two people.
A lot of people don't believe it can happen because it's never happened to them, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
A relationship is about love, trust, and attraction.
To me, an internet relationship is so much harder than a face-to-face one. Therefore, if you can make it work your love is stronger for it, as is your relationship.
I'm not going to wait for Miss Right to waltz by in the flesh when I'm talking to her on MSN messenger right now.
MelancholyMisery
Salute You in Your Grave
MelancholyMisery
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:09am
I have an online friend..

We got really close and told each other everything and helped each other out..
and then, it came to exam time and he spent all his time studying.
Because we didnt ever see each other we lost track of what was going on in each others lives, too much had happened for a quick catch-up and he seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

We still chat every now and then, but its not like it used to be..
MelancholyMisery
Salute You in Your Grave
MelancholyMisery
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:14am
sorry for the second post.

with this whole murderers/rapists thing.
It just people being pverprotective,
People dont stop talking to people outside because one day they might decide to rape them.
So why should they stop talkign to people online.
The whole pretending to be someone you arent thing can happen in the 'real' world aswell.
and..
if people are talking to people in the flesh then they are going to be easiar to get at then someone online because they are THERE.
Its kinda hard to rape a computer.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:56am
I don't see how an online relationship would work.
You could meet someone who is totally amazing, and then you come to find 16-year-old John is really 45-year-old, unemployed, pedophile Steve.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:08pm
Marilyn Monrobot:
I don't see how an online relationship would work.
You could meet someone who is totally amazing, and then you come to find 16-year-old John is really 45-year-old, unemployed, pedophile Steve.

Yeah, and that guy you meet at the park you exchange numbers with could be lying about his age and be a registered sex offender.

These problems aren't exclusive to the internet.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:28pm
to be honest, i think online relationships are fake. for all uk u could be talking2 some1 20 yrs older or even YOUNGER than u are. 4all uk the person ur talking2 could be lying and u wouldnt even know. i dont understand how ppl still do this when they see people on the news kidnapped bcuz of meeting some1 from an ONLINE RELATIONSHIP. some ppl are just so naive.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:36pm
ilovegerardway2much:
to be honest, i think online relationships are fake. for all uk u could be talking2 some1 20 yrs older or even YOUNGER than u are. 4all uk the person ur talking2 could be lying and u wouldnt even know. i dont understand how ppl still do this when they see people on the news kidnapped bcuz of meeting some1 from an ONLINE RELATIONSHIP. some ppl are just so naive.

a) Netspeak/chatspeak isn't allowed in this forum. I could barely understand what you were saying.

b) Not all online relationships are like that. You keep saying you could be talking to someone fake. You could also be talking to someone real. If you think internet relationships are fake, don't get involved with one.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:40pm
i think online relationships are completely unsafe. u NEVER know who ur talking to online, no matter what they tell you. someone can tell you they're a 13 year old girl, but they could be some 40 year old perverted guy looking for young girls.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:42pm
fxmous-lxst-words:
i think online relationships are completely unsafe. u NEVER know who ur talking to online, no matter what they tell you. someone can tell you they're a 13 year old girl, but they could be some 40 year old perverted guy looking for young girls.

Maybe I'm not objective because I met my fiance online. But I was also involved in an extremely destructive internet relationship. Having been on both ends of the spectrum, I think if you're smart it's not a problem.
newyork's finest
Killjoy
newyork's finest
June 1st, 2007 at 02:37pm
i think ita a BAD! idea.... its not safe and not rite... you never what could be goin on or who they could be talking to..... its like you can never trust anyone on on-line-dating...
vichy
Jazz Hands
vichy
June 2nd, 2007 at 06:59am
if it works for some people, thats good. but i think a lot of the time (or what i've found) is people are not what they seem. As on the internet you can be whoever you want, and the other person will never know better.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
June 2nd, 2007 at 01:01pm
There are many geniun(sp) people out there on the internet, but they don't get know as everything thinks that everyone talking to young people must be a pedophile which is not true.
Once you have found someone you trust on the internet you begin to be able to see who they are in otherwords see though the persona they put on. They guy you met down the coffee shop may put on a persona to be whoever he wants to be but when you get to know him you began to understand the guy underneath the persona.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:53pm
Nahh i don't think i'd ever have a online relationship i find it kind of...dumb. I'd rather be able to touch/see someone face to face.

It works for some people though. there are the small amount of people who find love. but it's a small amount.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 3rd, 2007 at 04:22am
For the record, not all old men who talk to teen agers on the internet a peadophiles.
One of my best online friends happens to be 14 years my senior, and another person I talk to is 17 years older.

We met by chance, but I know they are who they say they are because they don't really to have anything to hide for starters.