Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
Hang 'Me High
Killjoy
Hang 'Me High
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:49am
Nope, couldn't do it. I'm Bristol UK and there's someone in Reading UK-that's 1 1/2 hours away from me...but I couldn't do it. I like the closeness and intamacy you get.
X-bloodsucker-X
Killjoy
X-bloodsucker-X
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:17am
I was in an on-line relationship...and it was the greatest thing that happened to me. But the sad thing is, it ended because we live too far away from each other Cry
Muted Scream
Fabulous Killjoy
Muted Scream
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:56pm
I've had a few back when i was a lil younger. it's a sham, you're more in love with the idea of being in love more than actually being in love. It's all about feeling secure and safe knowing that someone....somewhere has feelings for you, and you're expected to be faithful even though you never go on any dates, or even interact outside of phonecalls and the internet. you might as well be engaging in an adult phone or internet service, cause i'm sure those long distance phone calls are gonna cost you money. they are pointless and unfulfilling. stick to the real deal.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:40pm
i dont like online relationships because someone can easily say that they're name is Bobby and that he's 16. and say his real name is Frank and he's actually 35 or something (just as an example). seriously, its not safe.
MadMandy
Killjoy
MadMandy
March 24th, 2007 at 12:36am
druscilla; callmedru:
I'm in an online relationship.
It's hard as hell.
You have to be comitted and it's about wanting the person and not a person.
I think as long as you know the person and you're not a twelve-year-old who is going to end up getting raped by a fifty-year-old it's all right.

The world is evolving and the internet is a major form of communication.
It's only logical that people start using it for relationships.

Also, non-romantically, all of my friends are internet friends.

I agree on the relationships, 100%.
And every one of my friends are internet friends, too.
(Also, I'm not stalking you. You just... sound a lot like me so I feel the need to comment, haha.)
VampiraNights
Killjoy
VampiraNights
March 24th, 2007 at 03:49am
As for me, online friendship theres not problem to it.
But for relationship, it just dont work out for me.
Bloodredrose1
Fabulous Killjoy
Bloodredrose1
March 24th, 2007 at 08:44am
Well.....I have an online relationship that's been happening for about 2 months. I got to know him before I went ahead a asked him well he asked me but u get what I'm trying to say. I think they're cool as long as u get to know them first.....plus it wouldn't hurt to get their phone #!
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 24th, 2007 at 06:18pm
XcorpsebridesecretsX:
i dont like online relationships because someone can easily say that they're name is Bobby and that he's 16. and say his real name is Frank and he's actually 35 or something (just as an example). seriously, its not safe.

People face-to-face lie about their ages.
Ever heard of date rape?
Ever heard of stalking?

Those things happen during daily interaction.
As long as you're not stupid, it doesn't mean that there will be a problem everytime.

There are bad people, but there are good people as well.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 24th, 2007 at 11:27pm
I'm an example. Surprised Sometimes I lie about my age and people don't really know, because I look much older than I really am.
Muted Scream
Fabulous Killjoy
Muted Scream
March 25th, 2007 at 12:25am
okay i'll be a lil more specific here,.
I had one when i was 15...dated online for a couple weeks..met her...messed around with her..dumped her.

met another girl...dated her online for a year...got bored..moved on.

met that girls friend....dated her online on and off for over 3 years...moved on.

Met another girl....same story on and off for a couple years...got bored..

met another while in the army...she was local..dated online for a couple weeks, met...dated for lil over a year...got married for 2..got divorced...yay.

met another a few years back...hooked up with her in NYC for 4 days..messed around and dumped her.

yeah, i know im a lowlife for those things i did from age 15-22, but my conclusion that i learned is that i need someone here and now, and not just someone far off but still cares for me. I wanna kiss and hug em you know? not ahve to imagine it or type it on a screen.

(on a final note, i currently have a g/f for 2 years and we have a baby girl on the way, so i'm happy and content with my life!)
Kayla!
Joining The Black Parade
Kayla!
March 25th, 2007 at 01:53am
Three words : IT DOESN'T WORK.

I've tried them, and every single time, something happens and it's over. It's hard to tell whether or not someone is cheating on you if they live in a completely different state.

To me, they're a waste of time. But I've seen people have no problems with them.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 25th, 2007 at 07:13pm
Kayla!:
Three words : IT DOESN'T WORK.

I've tried them, and every single time, something happens and it's over. It's hard to tell whether or not someone is cheating on you if they live in a completely different state.

To me, they're a waste of time. But I've seen people have no problems with them.

Five words: IT DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU.
My relationship works just fine and is the best thing to every happen to me, plzthnx.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Online relationships do not work, for a few certain reasons.
1)The person most likely will not contact you.
2)The person probably has more than one online relationship.
3)The person probably already has a real life relationship.
4)The person could be an eleven year old girl or a forty year old man.
5)The person could harm you.
6)The person will most likely lie about themselves to make them seem more attractive.
7)It is pointless really.

Please mail me for your opinion.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:36pm
But some relationships do work, so give it a try if you really feel that is right. Or maybe try a dating service. I'm not sure, do what you think is the proper decision.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 25th, 2007 at 09:05pm
xKodak.Momentx:
Online relationships do not work, for a few certain reasons.
1)The person most likely will not contact you.
2)The person probably has more than one online relationship.
3)The person probably already has a real life relationship.
4)The person could be an eleven year old girl or a forty year old man.
5)The person could harm you.
6)The person will most likely lie about themselves to make them seem more attractive.
7)It is pointless really.

Please mail me for your opinion.

1.) I talk to my fiance everyday unless she babysits or something.
2.) She isn't seeing anyone but me. We hang out on the same online places, I would know. Plus, I trust her.
3.) Andie has had two boyfriends: one face-to-face and one on-line. Her face-to-face friends would tell me if she were cheating.
4.) Andie is a fifteen-year-old girl. I knew it before I started dating. I heard her dad say it on the phone as well.
5.) The only time Andie has every harmed me was when... well, that was consensual.
6.) Andie is as beautiful as I thought she would be.
7.) Love is never pointless.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 09:26pm
I sent you a message in reply, druscilla.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 09:26pm
And I appreciate your opinion Smile
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 26th, 2007 at 04:59am
Wow. Actually, it worked for me too - only I stopped talking to the person because of Internet problems. It was my fault our relationship stopped, not because we were far away from each other blah blah blah.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
March 26th, 2007 at 05:49am
If anyone watched the Japanese movie called Kairo (Its also a horror movie), you would know how shallow relationships are now and how people are getting more lonely because of so much technology in the world. In my opinion, online relationships are somehow...pointless. It won't last long. Mainly because I have a friend who frequently dates guy after guy on the net and it never lasts. Maybe "True" love is hard to find these days because of technology and possibly other factors that sets people apart...
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 26th, 2007 at 11:15am
Kaede:
If anyone watched the Japanese movie called Kairo (Its also a horror movie), you would know how shallow relationships are now and how people are getting more lonely because of so much technology in the world. In my opinion, online relationships are somehow...pointless. It won't last long. Mainly because I have a friend who frequently dates guy after guy on the net and it never lasts. Maybe "True" love is hard to find these days because of technology and possibly other factors that sets people apart...

Oh, yes. I'm going to base my romantic life on some Japanese movie I've never seen.
[insert eye roll here]
Technology is how I keep in touch with like-minded people.
My online relationships [including the platonic] are anything but meaningless. I have people that help me through my darkest times and I do the same for them.
Maybe "True" love is hard for you to find because it hasn't found you let.
Love is impossible to control. It could come from the internet, the mail, McDonald's, or the mall.