Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
September 30th, 2007 at 12:31pm

Sometimes when im walking around the city, i see a very well dressed women maybe ... i dont know, with a suitcase or some shit.
It really does make me smile, becasue i see her as a very together sort of person, but sometimes they just whip out a smoke from their bags, and it just ruins their whole image.
I think women smoking is the most un-attractive thing ever.
We women are ment to have fucking class.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 30th, 2007 at 04:08pm
I watched my grandfather and my aunt die slowly due to smoking related health problems. My grandfather spent the last 8 months of his life in a coma due to severe emphysema and weighed less than 70 pounds when he died. My aunt got lung cancer that spread everywhere and died after two years of chemo and radiation. She said she didn't care if smoking killed her because at least she would die thin. She too weighed less than 70 pounds at her death. Now my birthmother has mouth cancer due to smoking and the doctors don't know how long she has.

As for second-hand smoke: Remember that Dana Reeve (Christopher Reeve's widow) died of smoking-related lung cancer, but she herself had never smoked a cigarette in her life. She got it while working in a bar where patrons were allowed to smoke.

As for me I do not smoke and I do not plan to ever start. It's just not worth it. It would be great if everyone who smokes was able to quit, but the pure and simple fact is that nicotine is a drug and smokers are addicted. I've seen friends try to quit and only a few have been successful. And to be honest, I know very few smokers who actually are proud that they smoke. Most of them hate the fact that they are so addicted.
o0virusoflife0o
Killjoy
o0virusoflife0o
October 2nd, 2007 at 02:30am
I remember in elementry school, how much I hated the whole idea of smoking. Sitting at those assembly's every year listening to the school board tell you not to ever pick up a cigarette, or you'd become addicted.They listed all the bad things that could happen, including cancer. And yet... 5 or 6 years down the road. Look at me. Smoking that shit like there's no tommorow! I cant't understand. The first time I ever had anything to do with it, is when my friend Rob started giving me hit after hit after hit... And stupid me accepted each one! This is what roaming the streets at nite gets you!!!!

I think smoking most defenatly IS a stress reliever. I have a shity day... I walk around the block and light one up before I go home. But it's the worst possible thing I think I ever got myslelf into. It dosn't take much before you NEED that nicotine. Actually now that i think about it, I put up with shit at school, then shit from my father every day, and when i come home I just wanna lay down, put on some music, and smoke. Its my gettaway. But I do not promote it.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 2nd, 2007 at 02:38am
XD I remember that too.I used to yell at my mom for smoking, and up until my node, I was borrowing lighters from her.

smoking is like sex, drugs, and rock and roll. They just all fit. all vices. all are stress relievers, and all are sort of dirty <3
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 2nd, 2007 at 02:47am
Everyone has their vice. I just wish they weren't so self-destructive! (Believe me, I have one too. But it isn't smoking.)
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
October 2nd, 2007 at 03:04am
Hey, you guys;

Take it from someone who's been smoking for over 13 years now....It sucks, and I WOULDN'T recommend anyone to start. I started when I was in the military, and I've been smoking since then.

It is a brutal addiction. It is expensive and gross....but I gotta admit, it sure takes the edge off.

The thing that really sucks is that I live in California, and basically, smoking is looked down upon SERIOUSLY and is pretty much prohibited everywhere now. I can't smoke in any restaurants or public places....and now, I can't even smoke on the beach!!!!
There are so many anti-smokers here, it isn't even funny....but who can blame them, really?

I was able to give up booze and drugs WAY easier than I am able to give up smoking. It feels really good the first few days after you stop....but smelling second-hand smoke everywhere, the temptation just gets to be too much...and there is NO FEELING like the feeling of a first drag after you haven't smoked for a while. I'm tellin ya, it's SOO relaxing.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 2nd, 2007 at 03:12am
Move to Chicago. Everyone and your mom's cat smokes here XD

Seriously.

I really think they should have "smoking bars". That way, everyone is happy. We are lucky. Close to us is a hooka lounge, which one can also smoke in
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 2nd, 2007 at 03:22am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
XD I remember that too.I used to yell at my mom for smoking, and up until my node, I was borrowing lighters from her.

smoking is like sex, drugs, and rock and roll. They just all fit. all vices. all are stress relievers, and all are sort of dirty <3

Haha! Very true.

I remember those assembly's. And the gym classes where they make everyone repeat the phrase "I will not smoke". But hey, here I am. I feel like a big, dirty irony xD
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
October 2nd, 2007 at 06:26am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
Move to Chicago. Everyone and your mom's cat smokes here XD

Seriously.

HAHA....Ya, I know. I lived there for 3 yrs. when I was in the Navy, and I know....EVERYONE smokes.

Here in L.A., especially near the beach, you're looked upon as a traitor if you whip out a cigarrette....everyone is very health-conscious. Oh, and FORGET about bumming one. The only people you can find to ask are the migrant workers who hang out in front of the Home Depots.

If I still lived in Chicago, I'd have MUCH less of an incentive for quitting.....BUT, it's murder to find a decent sushi bar there.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 2nd, 2007 at 06:34am
You would be surprised. All the sudden, they are all over the place XD

I live in the 'burbs, but

Yes, Us Chicagan's are little pills arn't we//all smoking and boozing
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
October 2nd, 2007 at 06:36am
I think I speak for many people when I say smoking is just terrible.
Just like any drug, it is so damn harmful.
You may be going through stress, which is mental, but why fuck up your physical self?
It makes no sense to me. I've never smoked a thing and never will.
If one is under all this stress, they should do something about it and not ignore it and smoke.

That's what I think.

(I love how I'm saying all this with a guy smoking in my avatar Razz)
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
October 2nd, 2007 at 07:10am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

Drugsdrugsdrugs. =| you forgot drugs.

Hahaha. Coming from someone someone who's also in the Chicago area.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
October 2nd, 2007 at 08:23am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

HAHAHA

Nah!!! Chicago's cool. I had a blast....although I always felt like an outsider. My bright blonde hair and incessant use of the term "dude" kind of stuck me out like a sore thumb....but the hockey games were always cool!!!

Don't get me wrong....I love Cali, but there is an aire of superficiality here...especially in the Valley. Maybe Governor Terminator will re-instate the smoking policy here?! Ya, right!!!!
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 3rd, 2007 at 04:34am
I find smoking disgusting. I also can't think of one good reason why it's legal for people to give themselves and other people around them cancer.

Why anybody would want to put acetylpyrazine and heptanoic acid into their bodies to "relax," personally, I don't see how lung disease and many types of cancer (breast cancer is the only type of cancer NOT linked to smoking) is relaxing.
scandalqueen
Killjoy
scandalqueen
October 4th, 2007 at 08:38pm
I've smoked regularly for a few years, a pack or a pack and a half a day. Well my doctor told me to keep smoking, as it helps with my anxiety, as it keeps my mind off of anxiety. It's bad for your lungs and stuff, but with anxiety disorders, sometimes it can help. It never gave me a panic attack or anxiety. Though I have smoked so much one time that I got very dizzy. A lot of times, when people arn't used to nicotine, they get dizzy the first time they smoke, or even chew tobacco/snuff.

Anyway, I don't think people 'ignore' anxiety or stress with cigarettes, maybe some do, but they probably drink as well and possibly smoke pot. But people who have stress or anxiety, should go to the doctors as well, and counseling.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
October 5th, 2007 at 12:47am
scandalqueen:
Well, my doctor told me to keep smoking...

Are you serious?
scandalqueen
Killjoy
scandalqueen
October 5th, 2007 at 01:08am
wild horses.:
scandalqueen:
Well, my doctor told me to keep smoking...

Are you serious?

With my severe anxiety, and I quit smoking, it'd just give me withdrawls, cause more anxiety, etc.

It calms me down due to the fact it keeps my mind off of other things which would cause anxiety. It's bad for your health, no doubt, but if you have severe anxiety, one of the things you don't want to do is quit smoking. "It keeps my nervous hands busy"

"Like another cigarette, and let yourself go"
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 5th, 2007 at 02:47am
No offense, but any doctor who condons a cancer causing substance filled with deadly chemicals that go into nail polish remover and rat poison should probably go back to school.

Having an addiction does not help anxiety, it, in fact, makes anxiety problems more severe.
Yes, when you have an addiction and get your fix, you are calmed down for awhile. However, any credible doctor would know that having an addiction to such a deadly chemical (which also causes harm to others and the enviornment) is not a good way to help anxiety problems.

Again, I'm not trying to sound bitchy or anything, but a credible doctor would know that chemicals found in cigarettes do not relax people, and addictions do not relax people, nor do feeding those addictions.
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
October 5th, 2007 at 01:22pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:

Yeah, if your stupid enough to go down that path.

There is such a thing as innocent sex, drugs and rock and roll. Y'know.. the one that doesnt kill you?

xD

Sorry, that was abit bitchy.
But rock and roll = music... not cigarettes.
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
October 5th, 2007 at 01:25pm
scandalqueen:

With my severe anxiety, and I quit smoking, it'd just give me withdrawls, cause more anxiety, etc.

It calms me down due to the fact it keeps my mind off of other things which would cause anxiety. It's bad for your health, no doubt, but if you have severe anxiety, one of the things you don't want to do is quit smoking. "It keeps my nervous hands busy"

"Like another cigarette, and let yourself go"

Well, i guess that makes sense. Quitting would only makes you stress alot more, correct?

If i was the doctor, i would just advise you to take a less stressful way of quiting. Like, it doesnt always have to be cold turkey.
And you can take it really slow, right?
That sooo odd that your doctor advised that ><