Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
hayleyjean
Bulletproof Heart
hayleyjean
August 24th, 2007 at 11:03pm
King Of The Jews JR:
I dont smoke, I tried it once. I coughed... that was it...

People who smoke are stupid, theres no posititive to smoking (Unless dying slowly and painfully is a positive for you) Also people who want to smoke in public like at a pub or in outside a cafe where people are eating but then complain when we stop them are selfish, its not like we wnt cancer to.

I wouldn't say they are stupid. Both my parents smoke.
It use to be "cool" if you smoked, but lately, it is dirtbagish.

I tried a cigarette once, and I must say, it wasn't that bad. But I know about all the diseases you can get, and I'd rather not take the chance.

Now, I worry about second-hand smoke. My parents somke near me and I can inhale the smoke...
I told my mom & now she goes away from me when she does, but she's getting the pills you take and it makes you quit.

I remember last year there were kids in my school and I would go up to them and ask them "Why so you smoke". They would just shrug and walk away.. But I think smoking in young kids especially, is very unhealthy.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 24th, 2007 at 11:08pm
hhaayylleeyy:
I remember last year there were kids in my school and I would go up to them and ask them "Why so you smoke". They would just shrug and walk away.. But I think smoking in young kids especially, is very unhealthy.

^ That's why there's an age-restriction on buying tobacco and cigarettes.
If the shop sells them to under-age kids, they're breaking the law and they can have their license revoked. Well, in Britain they can. I dunno about other countries.
Those kids probably smoked because they thought it looked "cool" or they wanted to fit into a certain image.
jordyn'
Joining The Black Parade
jordyn'
August 26th, 2007 at 06:55am
Sure smokings bad not just for you but the people around you, but hey if you want to smoke you go right ahead,
the only thing I really don't like about is the cigarette butts that are left every where, especially at the beach, I don't know why that pisses me off more then other place it just does
But also I don't think it should be banned, because can you imagine the black market. Imagine how many people would get fines and maybe go to jail.
So basically smoking should be restricted but not banned
shazzam
Motor Baby
shazzam
August 26th, 2007 at 08:30am
A lot of my friends are 'social smokers'. You kind of get an idea what that is by the name.
For me, I don't smoke every single day or anything, but I usually have a few smokes after some weed. It keeps me sane. Whenever I'm intoxicated with anything, its what I use to try and calm myself.

Hahahahh you know, its horrible, but some people are very attractive smoking. To me, a smoke between my fingers doesn't look all that fitting. You have people like Derek Bloom and they look amazing smoking.
I guess boo-hoo for him and the others who look great smoking.
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
August 28th, 2007 at 06:04pm
get off the fags guys!
Its like committing suicide cause you KNOW its killing you...I know it must be real fucking hard but at least try...
My best friends sister is addicted but shes trying to quit by smoking herbal cigarettes cause they havent got nicotine in them and their not as bad for you,(they sometimes work) oh yeah and whenever she craves a cigarette she buys polomints-it helps(lol) and shes got like 20 polomint wrappers lying EVERYWHERE ... plus theyre cheaper =D

Im not that good at convincing people to stop but...
just imagine it. All that thick black goey tar building up inside of you..or say if your getting raped or chased by some phycopath? you wouldnt be able to run far if your a heavy smoker...
meh I duno Im just trying to convince people to stop. But in the end it really is your own choice, so do whatever you feel is right...hope it helps =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdIDQW9G460&mode=related&search=

watch it ^^^^ (yay I like being helpful =D,Yeah im a weirdo)
Undermychemoath
Killjoy
Undermychemoath
August 29th, 2007 at 11:15pm
I smoke. Haven't for a while, but I got addicted, and I didn't start that long ago either. I didn't even use it as a stress reliever at first, it was just to piss off my girlfriend. I didn't know how good it felt. But I suck at it lol I cough like crazy, and I guess I've quit because I'm not really looking to harm myself. I noticed when I went up to Colorado this year that it was harder to breathe for me than it was for me last year when I did not smoke. So I'm not too into it anymore. I may kick it back up when its actually legal for me to though lol but not much because I definitely don't want to be addicted. Is it true that each cigarrette u smoke subtracts approxamitely 3 minutes out of your life?
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
September 1st, 2007 at 05:40am
I've never smoked and I don't plan on it. I just couln't do that to myself. I've seen how hard it is to quit thanks to my dad.
xdemolition lover x
Joining The Black Parade
xdemolition lover x
September 3rd, 2007 at 03:22am
I think smoking cigarattes is a waste of breaht (quite literally).
People know it can give them cancer, emphazyma, ect. so why do they still do it?
Is it like smoking a cancer stick?
Cigaretts ARE a cancer stick.
I can't see how it relieves stress at all.

>.<
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:35am
xdemolition lover x:
I think smoking cigarattes is a waste of breaht (quite literally).
People know it can give them cancer, emphazyma, ect. so why do they still do it?
Is it like smoking a cancer stick?
Cigaretts ARE a cancer stick.
I can't see how it relieves stress at all.

>.<
exactly what im saying
it makes you worse
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:38am
^It stresses out your mind when you think about the consequences, but once your body is addicted, it relieves tension and releases endorphins. Which feels pretty nice.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
September 3rd, 2007 at 05:50am
Fezzik:
^It stresses out your mind when you think about the consequences, but once your body is addicted, it relieves tension and releases endorphins. Which feels pretty nice.
but there are other ways to feel "nice" when your depresed or stressed out so why should smoking be the only way in this case?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 3rd, 2007 at 08:38am
^It's not the only way, it's just the way smokers choose. We all have our vices. There are more healthy ways to relieve stress, yes, but that doesn't mean smoking doesn't work.
shazzam
Motor Baby
shazzam
September 3rd, 2007 at 11:38am
I agree but I'm going to share a story. Its not really going to be told to make people be like "oh my god, I'm gonna stop now!" because... its not gonna work. Didn't work for me haha.

My dads been smoking since he was like... 14, and he's 44 now. When I was in grade four... he had to get allll of his teeth removes and replaced with dentures. And he snorts and coughs a lot and in the shower, he just hacks tar hahahah.
Also, I know for a fact on a lot of woman, its really unattractive. Or makes them look stupid. But anyways. Yeah. My story and opinion. Even though really... I'm not going to stand behind them because I still smoke my cigarettes after a joint.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
September 4th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Fezzik:
^It's not the only way, it's just the way smokers choose. We all have our vices. There are more healthy ways to relieve stress, yes, but that doesn't mean smoking doesn't work.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say before I scrolled down and saw you said it.
>.<
The thing is, I guess you wouldn't know how it works or even if it works unless you smoke.

xMyBlackDaliahx:
sorry i dont mean to come off that strong
but im trying to prove to you that
smoking is smoking either way lungs are getting damaged.
there is nothing healthy about ciggarettes knore will there ever be
but sersiously if you wanna find another way to relieve your stress find a hobbie or something good for your health rather mess up your body.smoking insnt the only way to relieve stress.

And yeah, it's not the only way to relieve stress but it's one of the few things that work for me.
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
September 5th, 2007 at 10:15pm
I think people can go ahead and smoke if they want to but they should be sensitive to other people about second hand smoke.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
September 6th, 2007 at 08:18pm
I am, very much so.
Almost all of my friends smoke, but the ones that don't, I walk off from the group to have one not because they tell me to, but I am concsious of the fact that second-hand smoke can be just as much of a killer.
gerards_demolition_lover
Fabulous Killjoy
gerards_demolition_lover
September 7th, 2007 at 12:06am
i admit smoking is disgusting....
but some ppl use it as an outlet 4 stress....
i am a smoker...
only occasionally...
(i smoke the same kind of cigs as gerard.....lol)
the doctor.
Always Born a Crime
the doctor.
September 8th, 2007 at 06:41pm
i don't smoke and doubt i ever will. personally i think its a really horrible habit and i can't see why anyone would ever want to start. Having said that I have nothing against other people smoking - its their life, i'm not going to tell them how to lead it but i still think its horrible. We had a company called QUIT come in to school and they told us all about the dangers about smoking and some of the stuff they talked about and the pictures they showed were really really horrible.
TheyWontHurtMe
Fabulous Killjoy
TheyWontHurtMe
September 9th, 2007 at 11:27am
i used to smoke, and it didnt make me feel any better, if anything it made me feel worse. i felt tired all the time, i smelt like smoke, and i was always skint lol...smoking sucks in my oppinion
FAKE!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE!
September 30th, 2007 at 07:18am
I smoke.
I am also a vocalist .
I have tried to quit.
Ive smoked since i was 14.
Its a stress reliver for me.
WIthout them i would be a bitch.
haha.
I smoke the same kind as gerard.