Don't have an account? Create one!

Smoking cigarettes

AuthorMessage
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
August 21st, 2007 at 08:47pm
I smoke, or should I say smoked, as I haven't in three weeks, because I could.
I didn't really want too.
And I didn't really need too.
I just did it for the feeling.
I liked holding it in my hand and puffing away.

But then I got caught.
And haven't had one since.

And sometimes when I'm bored, I think 'God, I want a fag'.
But I'm glad I got caught.
I can see how easy it is to get addicted.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 21st, 2007 at 10:42pm
Herman Li.:
"How does a stick that causes you to have cancer help relieve stress?"

Not everyone who smokes gets cancer.
And it helps to relieve stress.
I don't know how it does.
But it does for me.
nessicerly it dosent relieve stress it just makes you feel good inside because when your addicted to it it makes you feel much better when you smoke.
and yeah if you do the research it causes your rates of cancer very high.
when your a smoker your lungs tend to change
they turn black and when you exhale your lungs dont push out as there supposed to.
when you smoke and smoke and smoke and decide that its really helping you
lung cancer starts forming.
why do you think during commercials they tell you smoking is bad for you?
why do you think there trying to protect you from?
they wanna prevent you from having cancer.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 22nd, 2007 at 12:30am
i smoke, but only when i am in a stressful situation and can get a cigarette from a friend.
i really don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is done in a moderation type cycle. just because one person gets lung cancer does not mean someone else will.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:11am
Megalomania.:
i smoke, but only when i am in a stressful situation and can get a cigarette from a friend.
i really don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is done in a moderation type cycle. just because one person gets lung cancer does not mean someone else will.
its not Just one person who is getting cancer.
once again do the research you will see that yeah ciggarettes do give cancer when you do it long enough.
it messes up your lungs any how
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:23am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
nessicerly it dosent relieve stress it just makes you feel good inside because when your addicted to it it makes you feel much better when you smoke.
and yeah if you do the research it causes your rates of cancer very high.
when your a smoker your lungs tend to change
they turn black and when you exhale your lungs dont push out as there supposed to.
when you smoke and smoke and smoke and decide that its really helping you
lung cancer starts forming.
why do you think during commercials they tell you smoking is bad for you?
why do you think there trying to protect you from?
they wanna prevent you from having cancer.

This is why I often don't like talking about my bad habits.
Because people push facts at me which I know.
And I didn't say that smoking wouldn't cause cancer, I know the rates are high, but I'm saying just because you smoke, doesn't mean you'll get cancer.
and for me, by the way, making me "feel good inside" relieves my stress.
I'm curious to know if you have ever tried a cigarette or once smoked?
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
August 22nd, 2007 at 01:49am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
Megalomania.:
once again do the research you will see that yeah ciggarettes do give cancer when you do it long enough.

you can do all of the research, and sometimes it is false. my grandfather has smoked all of his life and is now 75, no cancer.

not everyone gets cancer from smoking. i know that is only one person, but i know a ton of people who smoke... and they are fine.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:12am
^Smoking always harms your body. It just depends on how much and how often you smoke, and how resilient your body is.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 22nd, 2007 at 05:34am
Megalomania.:
xMyBlackDaliahx:
Megalomania.:

you can do all of the research, and sometimes it is false. my grandfather has smoked all of his life and is now 75, no cancer.

not everyone gets cancer from smoking. i know that is only one person, but i know a ton of people who smoke... and they are fine.

Thats true. I guess it all depends on your body, and how well it can handle the tobacco and other such things in cigarettes.
Lustful Oblivion
Killjoy
Lustful Oblivion
August 22nd, 2007 at 09:37am
Well this is coming from a former addict and now that I've quit for good I can just say it was probably the stupidist thing I've done in a long time. I was addicted to smoking for a year and a half. And it was probably the worst in my life. It wasn't just the smoking it was also the partying and drugs I did that I did before I'd light up. It was sort of like I'd go out on Friday and Saturday nights and get smashed and end up smoking cigs and joints just because either I was like well I'm already drunk or hey it's just there so I will!

It's a pretty stupid addiction but you wouldn't believe how long it takes to get over it. And at times I wish I had listened to those annoying people I know who'd be like that's disgusting, you should quit and ect. But it really used to annoy me how people would say that to me because it was my addiction and I come from the mantality that if your enjoying do it, you only live once.
And you should learn life lessons by yourself.

But smoking is just a habit you get so used to and is hard to shake. And it is just like sucking on a cancer stick but no matter how long you've been smoking when ever you get over it and put it all behind you, your health will just improve not completly but it will.
SlitForFallenAngel
Killjoy
SlitForFallenAngel
August 22nd, 2007 at 09:45am
Well I'm not smoking, and I'll never do. I think that's stupid and unhealty . If u are smoking becouse other are smoking it's more than stupid at all.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 22nd, 2007 at 08:58pm
Herman LI.:

no i havent smoked a ciggarette my father does and he in my family is the closest one to me,he too does to relieve stress and pressure etc. but he told me it dosent help him. he told me he's been doing it since college but now that he does a few times a week or so but now that he's been smoking for long he has heart and lung problems.
which makes me feel incredibly awful.
King Of The Jews JR
Jazz Hands
King Of The Jews JR
August 23rd, 2007 at 02:17am
I dont smoke, I tried it once. I coughed... that was it...

People who smoke are stupid, theres no posititive to smoking (Unless dying slowly and painfully is a positive for you) Also people who want to smoke in public like at a pub or in outside a cafe where people are eating but then complain when we stop them are selfish, its not like we wnt cancer to.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
August 23rd, 2007 at 12:36pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
Herman LI.:

no i havent smoked a ciggarette my father does and he in my family is the closest one to me,he too does to relieve stress and pressure etc. but he told me it dosent help him. he told me he's been doing it since college but now that he does a few times a week or so but now that he's been smoking for long he has heart and lung problems.
which makes me feel incredibly awful.

Well like I said, it's a different case for different people.
It doesn't help relieve stress for your Dad, but it does for me.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 24th, 2007 at 02:36am
just out of curiosity how is it diffrent?
your smoking the same ciggarette.
what good does smoking do for you okay it relieves stress
but is it that worth smoking to release stress. is that worth getting your body messed up?
your 14, at your age smoking is really really bad for your health.
cause as i said before cancer or no cancer your lungs no matter what get damaged.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
August 24th, 2007 at 02:40am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
but is it that worth smoking to release stress. is that worth getting your body messed up?
cause as i said before cancer or no cancer your lungs no matter what get damaged.

If you smoke for too long your lungs actually start to look and feel like cardboard. (Discovery Health Channel, you gotta love it Wink)
Music::Speaks
Bleeding on the Floor
Music::Speaks
August 24th, 2007 at 03:34am
Another reason some people smoke is for oral fixation. The same reason people bite their nails and chew gum. Go figure.

Who would have thought? I used to smoke too...went to health class and also went to this exhibit at the Natural Sciene Museum in Dallas. They had this exhibit called Body Worlds. It's real body preserved by plastination. You can see how their body looked the day they died.

They had the lung of a man who had smoked since he was sixteen...he died in his seventies of a heartattack (often associated with cigarette smoking as well). To see his lung opened my eyes even more. I can see pictures all day long, but I had the lung sitting right in front of me. It was there. I knew it once belonged to someone. Someone breathing, someone human.

Here in the Dallas area, they are definately taking the precautions to ban smoking within a certain distance of a public building. With the growing population with asthma and respriatory problems, I can see their side as to why they are doing this.

The thing is...it's another habbit. Just an unhealthy one. Instead of having some instant effects as those of other bad habbits, this one is slower. With the commercials on TV, especiall from truth.com, people are aware of what smoking is doing to them, and the lies associated with the marketing of them.

So all in all, it's your choice. It's an addition. I think it's dirty. But not wrong.

What people choose to do with their own bodies isn't my problem. People can't say that they aren't informed, because they are. This isn't 1924 anymore.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
August 24th, 2007 at 04:45am
if people want to sit and watch time from their life literally go up in smoke,
who am i to stop them?

i really don't like smoking, but hey, it's personal choice.
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
August 24th, 2007 at 07:02am
i don't approve of smoking but fair enough, if people are stupid enough to do it it's their choice and i don't care so long as they don't do it near me and/or try to pressure me into doing it...

and have you tried pashing someone who smokes? it's like licking a fucking ashtray
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
August 24th, 2007 at 09:16pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:

technically we're not smoking the same cigarette.
and it's different because your father and I are obviously different people, so the effects are different.
And I don't need you to tell me i'm 14 and smoking is bad for me.
I've got a mother.
Of course my lungs get damaged.
But I know that.
I am aware of the consequences.
And I smoke to relieve my stress because it's either that or do other things which I am not going to do.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 24th, 2007 at 09:26pm
sorry i dont mean to come off that strong
but im trying to prove to you that
smoking is smoking either way lungs are getting damaged.
there is nothing healthy about ciggarettes knore will there ever be
but sersiously if you wanna find another way to relieve your stress find a hobbie or something good for your health rather mess up your body.smoking insnt the only way to relieve stress.