Don't have an account? Create one!

Frerardness, is it appropriate?

AuthorMessage
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 8th, 2007 at 12:29am
You have your right to an opinion but just like you're putting your view forward, we are doing the same.
I agree with the fact that a lot of other bands do it. It's not exclusive to MCR.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 12:29am
Just because no one agrees with you doesn't mean anyone is bullying you. This is how mature adult discussions work.
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
August 8th, 2007 at 01:15am
i dont no. i mean its starting to get out of han a little bit too much. If there doing it for a reason then let it be as long as it isnt x-rated like the bases thing which i though to be a little bit too much.

i love these guys to death and i really no tht there not doing it to attract new fans but i hateto say this-it is. i dont mind frerard though aslong as it doesnt ruin the music or become to sexual..
but i do miss the old speaches...

oh and the fanfiction things are just creepy. lol but its a free country
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 8th, 2007 at 01:46am
Sowing Season:
The Used used to kiss all the time too. Quinn/Bert. Even a bit of Jepha/BertThere was some Bert/WIL (Aiden) love going around too. They kissed at my TOC show. And I think Bert said something a long the lines of "I don't know how many times I've made out with Jared Leto". So there's some 30stm boy love for you too. I've even seen Spencer of Underoath give one of the guitarist a kiss on the cheek.

And as far as fanfiction goes I really don't think they care that much. They've read some themselves. But they know it's for the fans. Plus Frank and Gerard kinda encourage it by all the stage love they do. I don't actually think anyone in My Chem is gay or Bi, but licking, kissing, putting your finger in their jeans, spanking, pretending like your giving them a handjob or caressing your band mate's chest in suggestive way isn't encouraging MCR slash. I don't know what is.

"Q: Have you ever read any of the fanfictions people write about you?
*guys laugh*
Mikey: My friends sent me one once. It was creepy! My friends are interested in all that stuff, so they all sit online and send it to each other and laugh. And then one of them emailed one to me and it was something really fucking out of hand.
Frank: I heard Mikey is hot for me.
Interviewer: The hottest couple is you and Gerard actually.
F: Oh really? We're the hottest couple?
Bob: That's amazing.
I: That's actually one of the most active parts of the forum, the fanfiction section.
F: Wow! That's crazy. My god! Well, if that's what gets you hot, go for it."

But there's another one (And I'll post it as soon as i can find it again so ya'll don't think I'm jsut plling it out of my ass) Where Ray says "Stop making us hve sex with eachother!" He was sorta laughing but if you lsiten to the whole thing they say it's sorta uncomfortable.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
August 8th, 2007 at 02:22am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hri2SIc6dX0

They seem to be sorta joking and don't mind it but still,Ray seems freaked out lol
Sweet-Intoxication
Jazz Hands
Sweet-Intoxication
August 8th, 2007 at 02:32am
Frerard is just MCR giving a different message: It's okay to be gay (or bi). Although it is uncomfortable having your parents see that... you go with them knowing that it might happen. It's not really different than those speaches. Instead of saying that it's okay to be gay they just show it I guess (kinda hard to phrase).
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
August 8th, 2007 at 03:15am
bullets1305:
Frerard is just MCR giving a different message: It's okay to be gay (or bi). Although it is uncomfortable having your parents see that... you go with them knowing that it might happen. It's not really different than those speaches. Instead of saying that it's okay to be gay they just show it I guess (kinda hard to phrase).

Exactly.
Missing Zero
Awake and Unafraid
Missing Zero
August 8th, 2007 at 03:29am
bullets1305:
i totally agree, i dont think the whole Frerard topic is something that anybody should feel as inappropriate or feel as somethig to be digusted by.

i personally think it's all done with a good manner and in a way making the gay/lesbian community in MCR's fanbase (the minority) feel a bit more at home and comfortable because by doing the things that MCR are doing on stage tells them that it's okay to be gay and be proud of it.

and if they have to do it on a stage so be it, they dont have to do it throught speeches because actions speak louder than words and the fact that theres a topic on this just proves it.

but then again thats just my opinion.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 8th, 2007 at 03:32am
well, i was going to write a whole thing about my opinion.

but i decided to shorten it

to just,

"i think its fine"
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
August 8th, 2007 at 04:44am
Frerard and Waycest is just sick. I mean for crying out loud, Frank and Gerard just close friends. Yeah, they play a little bit too much but there is nothin going on. I mean Frank is getting married and Gerard is straight, there is nothin going on.and there is definately nothing going on with Waycest. They're brothers for god sake. All I can say to the fans who enjoy this crazy relationships are "You Wish"
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 04:45am
^ Did you even read the other comments? Rolling Eyes
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
August 8th, 2007 at 05:06am
I don't really see how it is 'inappropriate'
I mean, it's just two people kissing each other. It doesn't matter if they are both guys or not!

I don't think by any means that it takes away from the music! If anything it adds, and I don't mean because it's hot and sexual. It's passion. That's the way they get when they perform. Passionate. I mean you can't tell me that any of their performances aren't passionate? They don't plan it, it's not like Gerard says to Frank before the show 'hey, wanna make out this show?' It's a spare of the moment, thing.

As for the parents. Unless your parents are homophobes, they should be more worried about the swearing. I don't see anyone complaining about that! I mean, I don't have an issue with it, I just mean that it's a bigger thing then seeing Gerard kiss Frank. My parents are homophobes, so I keep the whole Frerard thing to myself. But if they found out and disapproved then that is there problem for being homophobic isn't it! I don't see why anyone should have a problem with seeing two boys kiss each other, parent or not. MCR's shows have never been 'G rated' so I don't see why they should start being that now.

and about the fan-fiction, I find it pretty offensive to the people saying that Frerard is disturbing or the people who write it are teenies. Unless you have a problem with fan-fiction in general, I don't see what the problem is. All fan-fiction is writing a story about a relationship between two people that is never gonna happen. That's why it's fan-fiction. I don't see the difference whether you are pairing yourself with Gerard, or whether you are pairing Frank with Gerard. The fact that it's two boys together seems to make a huge difference and that's what pisses me off! I read and write fan-fiction, especially Frerard. But I don't read it because it 'gets me off' Some of the stories I have read are practically works of art! Stories like Bess's and PrettyHandsomeAwkward's stories! They have so much emotion in them that it really does take talent to write stuff like that! Reading fan-fiction is just like reading Harry Potter, it's just a story, a fantasy. But hey, if you don't like reading it then don't. I can't read waycest, but I by no means think the people who write it are disturbed or disgusting.

As for the girlfriends, it's pretty damn obvious that they don't care! Frank wouldn't do it if Jamia had a problem with it and they have been doing it for so long that if she really had a problem it would have either stopped or they would have broken up by now. Plus there is the fact that if Gerard new it was having a negative effect on their relationship I doubt he would do it either. Jamia clearly has no problem with it!

Ok, that was a long rant...I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but that's just my opinion.
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 8th, 2007 at 05:12am
themillenia:
Frerard and Waycest is just sick. I mean for crying out loud, Frank and Gerard just close friends. Yeah, they play a little bit too much but there is nothin going on. I mean Frank is getting married and Gerard is straight, there is nothin going on.and there is definately nothing going on with Waycest. They're brothers for god sake. All I can say to the fans who enjoy this crazy relationships are "You Wish"

Is there a crime against have active imagnations and wondering "what if...?"

We know that Frerard and Waycest aren't actually "real" per se.
Frerard is all in the hope that people will understand that being bi, gay, straight or whatever shouldn't matter. It's about who the person really is no matter what their sexuailty is.

Why is this such a big deal all of a sudden? Neutral
Disenchanted232
Killjoy
Disenchanted232
August 8th, 2007 at 05:30am
I agree, I think they shpould just stick to what everyone knows them for
Their music!
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:03am
Sporadic Spree!:

MCR have never cared for what others might think of them, in fact, they embrace the fact that they are outsiders. I would think they would expect the same from their fans.[/font][/color]

I do embrace that their outsiders, you could actually say that I appreciate that. I love them being outsiders!!
Its just all the sexual stuff on stage thats a bit too much....
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:06am
Gerardcasm.:
Who cares? It's not new, and you're ruining the damn show for yourself if you're going to take it so friggin personally.

Open your mind and don't be so homophobic. It's not right and the band is against it.

Im not being homophobic at all, and Im not taking it personally, its just that I think its over the top.
Its just so much in such a short amount of space.... y'know what i mean? Its hard to explain....

And another note, this is a discussing thread, please keep it that way
(Not directed at poster in quote Wink )
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 07:15am
We're just going in circles. Neutral

Cheerful Cynic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hri2SIc6dX0

They seem to be sorta joking and don't mind it but still,Ray seems freaked out lol

Yeah, He did Laughing But luckily for Ray most fanfiction is centered around Mikey, Frank, and Gerard. I never see that fan fiction with Ray.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:18am
Sowing Season:
We're just going in circles.

lmfao
I was thinking that too!

But meh, its not really for a mutual decision, its kinda for like discussion.
To be honest you guys have kinda swayed me a bit..... Razz

I just like to see what others think! Wink
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
August 8th, 2007 at 07:38am
I think whether you like Frerard or not is up to your morals, opinons, etc.

I like seeing what others think too so I can see where they are coming from and their opinions Smile
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
August 8th, 2007 at 07:40am
Yeah, I was just thinking there's no way I'm writing the same thing over again. Laughing People were not reading through the comments just posting after reading the topic. No one reads anymore. No Laughing