Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard, Ray, Mikey, Frank and Bob, you have to read this

AuthorMessage
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 2nd, 2008 at 03:55pm
Yep, Carola's set came in today, so I am going to take it all to the post office tomorrow. So Carola will get the Sp. Ed. DVD set (and yes, yours had Frank's mask) and her two shirts, then I have a Toro shirt each for Deb and Cat. I watched a smidge of the DVD yesterday, I watched Famous Last Words from Mexico and Deathwish from Maxwell's, both were incredible, and am looking forward to having a friend over next week, we are going to order pizza and watch the entire DVD.

I have to say, I love my grandmother, but damn is she getting on my nerves. Everything I do is "weird" or "wasteful". She grew up poor and lives on Social Security now, so I understand she is on a budget but it is getting a little old listening to her make comments about my spending habits. She made a nasty comment about the cost of the box set, and another about Carola paying the shipping cost from here to Chile -- and I'm like, it's none of your damn business! Carola has a job and works for her money as do I, and she and I can do whatever the fuck we want with our disposable income. She thinks I should give more to charity -- I say I give my time to a charitable cause and give to my work's scholarship campaign, I don't see where it is my job to do any more than I already do to raise other peoples' kids. If I wanted to buy things for kids and send them to camp and buy food for them, I'd f-ing spawn one of my own. But since I don't, I buy what I want for me and hubs. I'm trying really hard to be nice, but I've just about had enough.

Boys, thank you for a beautiful set, and for bringing us together here and in real life to be together as friends. You are an amazing group of people and we love you and appreciate all that you do, very, very much. *kisses*

Edit: Take a moment please to remember Michael Turner of Aspen Comics. He passed away from cancer on Friday night. He was a good man with a big heart. He will be missed.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
July 2nd, 2008 at 04:25pm
Hey thread! Hope everyone is having a nice day, i'm quite tired, i've been working all day. It's my birthday tomorrow! And I can't wait, I get to eat Chinese food and dance with my best friends to rock music!! Woot!

I am jealous of everyone's special editions, but I wouldn't have known how to order it, so i'm glad just to have gotten it at all. It is brilliant. Prison, Untitled and Deathwish at the NJ show make it amazing and they are my highlights. Along with all the random conversations Gee has with the crowd. And getting to see the legendary high fives!!

MCR: I can't wait to see you perform again. You are wonderful, talented people and you have such great stage presence that I don't think any show is ever going to beat the one I saw in November. Thank you for doing what you do. Mr. Green
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 2nd, 2008 at 04:56pm
ok guys, i don't want to come across the big bad mod again, but this thread really needs to stay more on topic. At present it's just another wayt. I'm mentioning this because the thread has been reported a few times and i'd hate you to lose this. Some of my best friends are regulars here so it's hard for me to write this. Please join in the wayt thread either here or one of the others in poetry or noobs rather than using here for general conversations. I hope you understand what i'm saying and that i managed to write this without sounding like an ogre. Smile
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 2nd, 2008 at 07:45pm
Happy Birthday Karlie!!!

Livvie, I love you to death, and you don't sound like an ogre at all, but I'm confused this time - we have all been very careful to address the dudes every single post. Speaking of which...

Damn TBPID! dvd made everyone miss you guys terribly Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
July 3rd, 2008 at 12:54pm
Liv- I love your new haircut!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLIE!

Boys: Please, Please do another video with the MSG show and the videos. Please, please?
carolaisabel
Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
July 3rd, 2008 at 06:23pm
psychochip:

She made a nasty comment about the cost of the box set, and another about Carola paying the shipping cost from here to Chile -- and I'm like, it's none of your damn business! Carola has a job and works for her money as do I, and she and I can do whatever the fuck we want with our disposable income.
Boys, thank you for a beautiful set, and for bringing us together here and in real life to be together as friends. You are an amazing group of people and we love you and appreciate all that you do, very, very much. *kisses*

I totally agree Tabitha, if we want to spend all of our paychecks on this bands, is our bussiness ( not that we will ) but is our decision. And if the guys listen to WickedJules prayers and release a Christmas DVD with the videos and they charge 100 dollars for it, I will pay them also without any hesitation.
I think money spent on my favourite band in the world is not wasted at all. What would your grandma said ( Tabs ) if she knew that I flew all the way from South America to see the guys??? I guess she would murder me Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
July 3rd, 2008 at 10:45pm
Boys, I cannot WAIT for TBPID! to arrive! I've been hearing so many great things about it, and I'm so anxious to see it now. It sounds absolutely amazing.

I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous of everyone who's got it already, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait when I finally get it. *sigh* And Jules, you just taught me some new things about Canada, lol. xD
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 4th, 2008 at 05:32pm
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
July 5th, 2008 at 02:06am
Liv,

tried to check it out and it told me I did not have permission.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 04:46am
teething problems, we're working on it xoxo
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 06:09am
ok...try it again someone please XD
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 5th, 2008 at 07:25am
Worked for me not too long ago...love it!
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 07:33am
This thread should now return to its original inention.

Letters/Messages to the band that you would want them to see.

Thanks.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
July 5th, 2008 at 08:52am
I love you both!!!

Gerard- for the love of all that is holy, no TUA movie yet.
JaysTrblMkr
Bleeding on the Floor
JaysTrblMkr
July 5th, 2008 at 10:53pm
Tabitha, I'm so sorry I haven't been on lately and am late in my well wishes for you! Bye I know you'll recover fine as you're such a strong person and have an Awesome Positive attitude! (makes a difference with your health!)

I haven't had a chance to pick up the new DVD, so I'm trying to make a movie in my head from what everyone else is saying, which isn't much! More details, Please!! Crying or Very sad

Boys, Thanks for all he Support You've given me in the last few Months through your Music! I am soooo appreciative of All you guys have done for myself and especially for everyone else whose problems are so much more worse than mine! Clap Thanks!!! (Bet you can not hear that ENOUGH!!)
P.S. Gerard, I know you'll think long and hard about turning TUA into a movie and will do the RIGHT thing, I have Faith in you! Wink
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 6th, 2008 at 12:21pm
I miss you guys so fucking much - thank God for your ADD, Frankie Very Happy Gerard, maybe you'll do some hometown promoting of Series II in the fall? That'd be nice. Ray, how about a photography book or something, we never hear from you during these breaks! Bob, you could go hop onto a summer tour, do some mixing, we won't mind. And Mikey, I am so there the next time you judge a karaoke contest, or maybe you can do something with your crafts?

Either way, love the dvd, and love how you always time these things for your breaks, knowing that we need the boost.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 6th, 2008 at 12:35pm
Jules - I'm relatively certain you were added to the list to join us in the Golden Girls. If not, PM Lulah and she'll add you. Thank you for the well wishes, tho', I'm doing pretty good. Very Happy

Boys, I have my first viewing party scheduled for Wednesday, and by God, I am going to be better by then so that I can enjoy it! I really am looking forward to it -- my DVD arrived on the 1st and has been mocking me ever since, but Gerard, for all that my grandmother thinks you look like Elvis, well, you say FUCK way more than Elvis did, so I can't really watch it without her running commentary on your language. I told her you were from Jersey -- she said "So are you and you don't talk like that!" I've been censoring myself while she's here. What can I say? She's 75 and probably wouldn't hesitate to wash my mouth out with soap.

Anyway. Wednesday. You. Me. My friend. My other friend. Pizza. The DVD, cranked up to 11 and I think I'll run a speaker out to the front porch so my neighbor can enjoy it too. I'm so excited.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 6th, 2008 at 08:32pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
This thread should now return to its original inention: Letters/Messages to the band that you would want them to see.
Agreed - I created this thread with the concept in mind that should the band or their own stumble in here again, there will be something positive for them to read alongside the constant backlash. I want to tell them thank you, and to offer them back the love and support they have always shown to us. I don't want to lose this thread, so let's do what Livvie is asking - catch up in PMs and WAYT, and limit this thread strictly to addressing the band.

G, you getting sunburned yet? Wink

<3 Deb
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
July 6th, 2008 at 10:13pm
Boys, ah, I miss you all so much. It's still so strange not hearing about how your most recent concerts went; I've been so used to it for so long. At any rate, though, I hope you're all having a fantastic break and resting up for the next album and the next touring cycle. You will be welcomed back with open arms, believe me.

Thank you, Frankie, for giving me something to look forward to in September. I've learned now to savour this pre-show excitement, even if it is a long time away, because I know I'll wish I'd appreciated it more after the show otherwise. 62 days! <3

Gee, if you wanted to do any Umbrella Academy signings for Series 2, I know Toronto would love to have you. Whistle Just sayin'.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 9th, 2008 at 09:59am
I miss you Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad In Love In Love In Love