Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 21st, 2008 at 12:35pm
MurderOnBroadway:
Nowadays, the world is quite stereotypical. Sometimes even subconsciously, we single out people and mark them as a group, and we should either respect or abuse them, according to their rank in our heads.

Labeling should be put to an end. We cannot keep treating people the way we THINK they should be treated. We should treat them the way they SHOULD be treated - as people, as equals, as one of us.

i couldn't agree more. Alittle while ago in English class we were asked what in your mind is the biggest problem in the world. one kid said famine, another said war, when I said labels alot of kids got pissed because "the emo kid" said it, I couldn't even explain myself and my teacher told me that it really doesn't make that much of an impact, but in my mind yes it does cause I've seen all labels and what it can lead to, i know it first hand.

In my mind a certian person or groups of people give another person or group a label, labels ussually that aren't nice. well then those two in away have it in for each other and you never know how far their gonna go. most school shootings if you look at statistics are commited by the "nerd" or whatever thats always getting picked on and just can't take it anymore. people go to war due to labels because of how they veiw a certian person. sorry if this doesn't really make sense.
hidden black heart
Killjoy
hidden black heart
March 21st, 2008 at 02:07pm
I couldn't agree more. What's unfortunate is how the labels can survive in the adult world. If a guy was a 'jock' in high school, his ideas might be classed as 'dumb' even if they're better than the 'brains' ideas. Even teachers aren't exempt from this. The label the teacher has or had at one point will cause certain reactions from the students, and could effect their ability to teach.

The worst is definately when the labels created by children are followed by adults. My parents both have serious problems with 'emos' and 'goths', which only started when my sister first called me emo. She was eight, I was nine. Now, my parents have stopped telling me to be myself because they don't want me to fall outside their 'perfect world'. I find it disgusting that they do that, because I know that I have it easy.
ChemicalxxKitten
Killjoy
ChemicalxxKitten
March 21st, 2008 at 03:13pm
I really generally Dont care about labelling for a long time I was labelled 'Emo' and it did'nt bother me. Personally I think it gives teens this form of comfort and security. Also People Lurveeee to Label things x] so yeah its like "waaay a new band...lets label it!!!" xxkissesxx
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
March 21st, 2008 at 04:05pm
i personally can ignore labels, there just ppl who have nothing to do put call ppl they dont know emo and stufff...
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
March 22nd, 2008 at 11:49pm
hidden black heart:
I couldn't agree more. What's unfortunate is how the labels can survive in the adult world. If a guy was a 'jock' in high school, his ideas might be classed as 'dumb' even if they're better than the 'brains' ideas. Even teachers aren't exempt from this. The label the teacher has or had at one point will cause certain reactions from the students, and could effect their ability to teach.

The worst is definately when the labels created by children are followed by adults. My parents both have serious problems with 'emos' and 'goths', which only started when my sister first called me emo. She was eight, I was nine. Now, my parents have stopped telling me to be myself because they don't want me to fall outside their 'perfect world'. I find it disgusting that they do that, because I know that I have it easy.

I think, maybe, you could ask what it is they find emo, and what their defenition is of the word. Other than that, they have absolutely no right to call you.

And besides, this whole "being emo" trend is really starting to get out of hand. I can remember, emo used to be short for "emotional", and was generally a synonym for "sentimental". How is it that people now think that "cutting yourself" and "wearing all black" is directly categorized as "emo"?

People who stereotype, following my former posts, should also take into consideration that when they label, and when they say it verbally, or even implement it in the slightest way, can lower a person's self - esteem. At that point in time, they may think it's not a big deal, but as soon as you label those low self - esteemed people, they will always think that they are what others SAY they are, which is, in no way, right. It can ruin their perspective on themselves, and make them think that they are incapable, weak, etc.. OR if, by any case, you label with a "positive" term, their ego might just go off the meter, and begin the superiority complex, which, again, leads to more labeling, inferiority, ruining of personality, etc.
MCR - my life
Really Not Okay
MCR - my life
March 23rd, 2008 at 10:16am
I think that we should have label and it is a form of bullying i think tht now it is no only children that label each other i have had adults come up to me and call me emo it just used to be children but i think that it has got out of hand beacause people label people "Emo" beacause they cut but not all emo's cut and people call each other "Goth" just because they wear a lot of black clothing also i have found that it can lower your self-esteem because you feel really good about yourself and really diffrent to anyone else and then someone will call you a label and you feel like that you are like every other human and because you beieve in somthing so passionate you get called a labekl and this is not fair and a form of bulling we all have name for a reason so why do we need emo goth or any other for that matter.If you can say anything positive you should keep your mouth shut
xVampireGirlx
Killjoy
xVampireGirlx
March 23rd, 2008 at 01:41pm
I think labeling is annoyin
im labeled an emo just cus i like mcr and bands like them
but im not cus i wear bright colours and i dont self harm!!!

labeling is totally pointless cus every1 is unique
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 23rd, 2008 at 08:37pm
There's thousands of labels that exist throughout the whole human life. I'm classified as a "theatre nerd" at my school simply because I'm involved in and participate in all the tournaments and productions in our theatre program. I guess it makes sense though, but other 'labels' really don't make sense. The whole idea of labeling someone, something, or a group of people is pointless. All it does is separate everyone and then they viciously battle amongst themselves. I'd really like people to not label me, I'm just neutral, I'm friends with just about everyone, and I'm Switzerland (again, not from there).
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 08:29pm
I think that you cant have "a label" it is so stupid. like is that how shallow america is? that they have to catagorize ppl based on what they look like. then, if that isnt bad enough. they make sure that some people based on their labels get treated differently then others.

fuck that

that sucks! labels suck!

“Your going to come across a lot of shitty bands, and a lot of shitty people. And if anyone of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are. I want you to look right at that motherf****r, stick up your middle finger, and scream F**K YOU!” ----------gerard way.

^^^^explains it all
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
March 28th, 2008 at 07:36am
Labeling is just a form of bullying now.

People use it to disclude one another and make fun of them.

People say Im Emo because i listen to MyChem and other bands and I like to wear black. One kid actually asked me if I cut myself!

I hate labels.
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
March 30th, 2008 at 12:41am
it depends in what label you fall in.

i'm fine with labels, but people should get to KNOW the person before they judge them.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
March 31st, 2008 at 09:12am
What now you have to labeled too? ugh!

Do we even need labels?
No, no one has the right to label you only becasue they have no selfconvidence, and doubt their own perfiction! You can't just sort people into categories.. they aren't a bunch of folders!

What do you think the point of labelling is?
It's some kind of discrimination, I guess.

Is labelling a good or bad thing?
Bad.

Is labelling a type of bullying?
Many people get annoyed when called loners or losers.. you have to call them emos and posers too??
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
March 31st, 2008 at 01:43pm
PEOPLE LABEL OTHERS TO "TYPE" THEM. I AM SOMEWHAT OF AN EMO. YOU SEE SOMEONE WITH BLACK EYELINER AND CRAZY HAIR HANGING IN THEIR FACE AND A MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE T-SHIRT, THEY ARE REALLY LABELING THEMSELVES AS EMO. NOT REALLY BULLYING-ITS LIKE SAYING SOMEONE IS BLACK, WHITE, OR LATINO
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
April 1st, 2008 at 02:03pm
Today I was surprised to know that everyone thinks I'm emo cause I stay alone alot.. it makes no sense.. This is it!
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
April 12th, 2008 at 06:45am
I think the only time labels are okay is if it's just you and your friends mucking around e.g. "Hey emo" "hey nerd" IF (that's a big if) your friend is alright with it too.... Otherwise labels suck. I get labeled emo at my school 'cause I have black hair. Yet the person that called me 'emo' now has black hair so it's very hypocritical. Also I began to get closer to a couple of my friends and hang out with them more than I used to (they're both female) and now everyone thinks we're romatically connected... So now I am Lesbian Emo Freak of our school and it really hurts that people that don't know you, see you as that.

You know it has gotten to a bad stage when you and a couple of friends are walking around and then some teachers have told you, "why are you walking around?"
"Don't mind them, they're emo"
It annoys me so much.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
April 16th, 2008 at 01:07pm
stac-renee:
YOU SEE SOMEONE WITH BLACK EYELINER AND CRAZY HAIR HANGING IN THEIR FACE AND A MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE T-SHIRT, THEY ARE REALLY LABELING THEMSELVES AS EMO. NOT REALLY BULLYING-ITS LIKE SAYING SOMEONE IS BLACK, WHITE, OR LATINO

I have to admit I disagree with this statement. I'm proud to be a My Chemical Romance fan and wear their merchandise to show my support and dedication to the band. I do not like being called names like "emo" for doing so. I do not agree that we "label ourselves" its just that some people are so narrow minded that automatically when they see someone wearing a band t-shirt (such as mcr) that they have to give them a label such as emo.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
April 17th, 2008 at 09:23pm
XangelXofXunknownX:

You know it has gotten to a bad stage when you and a couple of friends are walking around and then some teachers have told you, "why are you walking around?"
"Don't mind them, they're emo"
It annoys me so much.

a teacher said that to you...............? messed up
Jet-Star
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Jet-Star
April 18th, 2008 at 12:01am
ya i just got my hair cut kinda like bob in the FLW and WTTBP video but a bit shorter and was seriously called emo or told i looked emo by probably 20 people. i think labelling is so stupid because who cares what someones dresses like if they are friendly and shit? also i just veiw emo in gerneral as a bullshit cry for attention. Emo should be used for what it really is: a genre of music related to pop-punk,not a type of person, even though that genre probably should not exist because it is just pop-punk. Emo should mean emotionally charged music, which should be every music or else its a fucking jingle with no point Why are "emos" the ones who are most often put down? You hear people all the time say "why would i like him? he is emo" i go to school where about 98% of the boys in my classes are the standard jock but since i actually know them im not like "well your not emo enough for me, we cant be friends"

sorry this isnt very organized but i was just writing my thoughts

short version for people who dont want to read it: Labels are stupid and so is the "emo" movement.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 18th, 2008 at 10:51pm
How I Disappear.:
y i go to school where about 98% of the boys in my classes are the standard jock but since i actually know them im not like "well your not emo enough for me, we cant be friends"

If I'm not mistaken, "jock" is also a label / stereotype. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?
Jet-Star
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Jet-Star
April 19th, 2008 at 12:11am
Sprinkles:
How I Disappear.:
y i go to school where about 98% of the boys in my classes are the standard jock but since i actually know them im not like "well your not emo enough for me, we cant be friends"

If I'm not mistaken, "jock" is also a label / stereotype. A bit hypocritical, don't you think?
ya i was gonna say that but jock is a label but forgot to put it in. it should have said "98% of the boys fit the standard jock stereotype"