Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
May 9th, 2008 at 09:43pm
I think we use labels because it makes so people more comfortable about being bitchy to someone (even though that is a horrible thing). Example, if someone teased you about being emo or something and felt bad about it later, someone would say "Don't feel bad, it's just an emo their miserable all the time"

I hope that kinda makes sense.
Heroes.
Fabulous Killjoy
Heroes.
May 9th, 2008 at 10:54pm
My only problem with labeling is that it gives people an untrue opinion of others. For example, if a girl dresses "preppy," everyone automatically assumes that she is slutty, mean, and conceited. However, that girl could easily be one of the nicest people in the world/your new best friend, but because you were too busy judging her, you never would find that out. In short, labels cause people to be judgemental, which may eventually to prejudice, racism, etc.
SharkTooth194
Killjoy
SharkTooth194
May 11th, 2008 at 03:24am
i think using labels to describe people just gives others an excuse to be lazy and not get to know them as themselves. they just judge people on the babsis of what they wear or .

i often get called emo or goth. but im not trying to be either of those things, i just happen to wear a lot of black.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 11th, 2008 at 04:03am
^Exactly, you just happen to wear a lot of black.
According to society, gothic and emo people wear a lot of black, so obviously if you dress like an emo or goth then you are going to be called that. I'm not saying "don't wear black", I'm just saying that if you know a certain subculture dresses in a certain way and you also dress like that, then prepare to be called that stereotype.

That's just my opinion, so don't feel like I am attacking you or anything.
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
May 12th, 2008 at 04:39pm
labels are used by people who like to put people into groups and say "you cna only hang out with people like that". I get called everything. emo, goth, and prep. The world would be so much better off without labels because you could be friends with a wider range of people. I especially hate poser. I used to always be this preppy zombie thing. But now I finally figured out who I am and I'm changing my look. People are obviously going to call me a poser. I'm just being myself and I'm sorry if you don't like it.
I didn't mean anything hurtful with the "preppy zombie" thing. I was just describing myself as I dressed like a prep and followed wahat everyon else did.
mika_ap
Killjoy
mika_ap
May 15th, 2008 at 08:11am
labels. i don't really care about them. some ppl at school call me emo (even though i'm like the smiliest person at school). some call me nerd. band geek. whatever. it's all stupid. the only labels we need are the ones we give ourselves because they're the only ones that are true.

i think the point of labelling someone is to attraction attention away from our flaws. it's a pathetic way of bullying.

don't let it get to you. it means nothing.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 17th, 2008 at 12:37pm
labelling can be a form of bullying if you let it get to you.
it doesn't bother me, but apparantly, it bothers most people.
it is sort of pointless, but i guess it's just an organized way to classify fashion, personality, interests, ect.

and it's annoying when people say, "Don't label me!" but then they go and say, "Oh, look at that prep!" or "Look, he's emo!" that kind of stuff gets on my nerves, no matter what the subject.

i will admit i do label once i get to know that person, or if they label themself. i also label myself. i don't say it to that person's face though. i usually try to keep mean thoughts inside my head so it won't hurt other people. but it's also unhealthy to hold anger inside... i'll get over it.
Lonerinlove
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lonerinlove
May 19th, 2008 at 09:06am
im always called an emo it really annoys me. Why cant people just except im being me if i want to listen to my chem and fall out boy and wear dark clothes then i will
Xfamousxlastxwords
Killjoy
Xfamousxlastxwords
June 1st, 2008 at 10:25am
lables are stupid. i meen everyone has a little of everything inside them right? like we're all a bit emo when we're sad, or a nerd when we study and do homework or do good on a test... we can all be loosers.... we can all be preppy if we're in a good mood... we can all be jocks if we play sports. so seriously whats the point? labeling is just like restricting someone from doing stuff....JUST BE YOURSELF!!
Be Brave Tonight
Killjoy
Be Brave Tonight
June 5th, 2008 at 11:33am
everyone is gonna hate me for saying this but i label myself quite alot
it gives me a sense of belonging
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 5th, 2008 at 11:34am

im sure it does, your not alone though
if you look quiet closely alot of people here have " emo" in there screen names
but theyre usually pretty new to the site

at least you admit to it is all

hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
June 5th, 2008 at 02:33pm
In all honesty, labels are needed.
But yes, labelling is bullying.
But saying labels are wrong is like saying that a guy with a green mohawnk who looks punky is not a punk.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 8th, 2008 at 01:13pm
Labels annoy me, but people will always have them because its just how most people are

People just give other groups negative labels to make themselves fell superior, so yes, it is bullying, but don't let them know it gets to you because that's what they want.
eeniemeeni
Killjoy
eeniemeeni
June 8th, 2008 at 01:58pm
the only thing i've ever been labelled was "emo". the guy i like always calls me emo..... but i got used to it so i just kick him. Smile
my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
June 8th, 2008 at 07:56pm
i really dont like labelling... its wrong. people get bullied because of their labels. its like when people get murdered because of their sexual orientation. what if you got killed just because some people thought you were emo? i think labeling should be stopped.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 8th, 2008 at 09:42pm
gerard-saved-my-life:
i really dont like labelling... its wrong. people get bullied because of their labels. its like when people get murdered because of their sexual orientation. what if you got killed just because some people thought you were emo? i think labeling should be stopped.

How exactly is labeling supposed to be stopped, though? It's not as if everyone is just going to wake up one day and miraculously cease to label people. I agree that labeling can be used a tool for harassment, but other than that, you can't stop someone performing a perfectly normal psychological procedure. Which is what labeling is, pretty much.
Delete193
Killjoy
Delete193
June 9th, 2008 at 09:26am
Labeling people is stupid....you should let what is be as is
my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
June 9th, 2008 at 05:55pm
mindfuck.:
gerard-saved-my-life:

How exactly is labeling supposed to be stopped, though? It's not as if everyone is just going to wake up one day and miraculously cease to label people. I agree that labeling can be used a tool for harassment, but other than that, you can't stop someone performing a perfectly normal psychological procedure. Which is what labeling is, pretty much.

yeah i know... but i wish we could stop it.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 9th, 2008 at 07:23pm
I don't. it is human nature to classify, and labeling has been around, in harsh and harmless form, forever. Remember the Salem witch trials? Yeah. It hurts sometimes, but it's a fact of life. Half of the people that buck against labeling subconsciously try to fit into that stereotype anyway, so I hardly feel bad.
Pansy Wolf
Fabulous Killjoy
Pansy Wolf
June 16th, 2008 at 03:13pm
At the end of the day however much it hurts people it's never going to be stopped.
I know it's not nice being labelled, i'm always labelled, but i don't think people should necessarily take a label as a bad thing.
It's on epersons opinion of you (mainly wrong) and if they say it in a bad way then there not someone you want in your life.

At the end of teh day it's one word that means nothing, and you just have to rise above ti and be proud of who you are.