Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
sayaprayer
Killjoy
sayaprayer
January 1st, 2008 at 03:56pm
I think labels are rediculos.
It could be a form of bullying, but then again it could be a form of compliment to some people who were trying to get that label put on them for people to see them a certain way.
I don't need people labelling me thinking they no who I am. And I don't think that anyone, anywhere has a right to label ANYBODY.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
January 1st, 2008 at 08:50pm
i dont understand the obsession with labeling and putting people into catagories.
simply put, it's completely pointless and not accurate.
labeling can definetly be called a type of bullying. whether it's new or not, it's definitely an ignorant way to bully people.
The Taste for Blood
Salute You in Your Grave
The Taste for Blood
January 2nd, 2008 at 10:01pm
Labeling people is horrible, i hate being called emo because i listen to MCR or being called a Brain because i care about my grades. its degrading to those who are diffrent typing people is like trying to tell them who they are supost to be.
MCgiRl
Killjoy
MCgiRl
January 3rd, 2008 at 05:06pm
labels annoy me
my frends hav started callin me emo cause i like mcr
and i dont even think mcr r emo
its annoyin and i geaa it is a form of bullyin
black_parader_
Killjoy
black_parader_
January 3rd, 2008 at 08:01pm
I Think If You Wanna Label Yourself Then Fine Go Ahead But When Other People Label You On How You Look And The Music You Listen To...Thats Stupid.
NotATypicalCareBear
Killjoy
NotATypicalCareBear
January 4th, 2008 at 01:34pm
Do we even need labels?
-Not in the least! If people didn't ever start this fad, there wouldn't be a problem right now. I read this argument on one site about Nature vs. Nurture. I might get a few things mixed up, but the basic meaning is that if you raise your child not to judge people, then it's not a problem! But then there's the media problem that pops up. Even if you ban your child from any type of media drabble, they'll learn in schools or other public places. Labelling, stereotypes, and just plain hate is all around, making it harder then ever for parents to raise a child in a totally peaceful environment.

What do you think the point of labelling is?
-I think it's a way for people to group people of the same LOOKS to the same name. They need it so that their brains can place certain people with certain actions or words. Labelling probably wouldn't be a problem if people didn't tack on hurtful meaning and irrational assumptions.

Is labelling a good or bad thing?
-Honestly, it depends on where your located. But just generally I view it as a bad thing. It's basically people assuming that you like the exact same thing as the person next to you, just because you have similar taste in music or fashion. We're not clones of each other for Christ's sake!

Is labelling a type of bullying?
-Again, this is a general thing, but for the most part yes. The words "prep" "emo" "chav" "goth" or any others aren't usually meant as terms of endearment.

Although, not meaning to sound harsh, some people bring it on themselves. I've seriously seen people saying "Just because I wear tight pants, a lot of eye liner, dye my hair black, wear band tees, and cut myself doesn't mean I'm emo!" I saw somebody's comment (I can't remember who, exactly, sorry) that said they're treating the label as a new fashion and I totally agree with that.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
January 4th, 2008 at 03:28pm
Do we even need labels?
no, we do not.

What do you think the point of labelling is?
the point of labeling to me is just to place everyone into some separate group, keep them with their own type of people with the same type of thoughts and ideas.

Is labelling a good or bad thing?
it is a bad thing. it keeps people separated in a sense.

Is labelling a type of bullying?
not necessarily, unless it gets out of control such as gang violence or something to that effect.

labeling just keeps teens separated, as a way of saying "oh you don't like rock? well i don't want to hang out with you" even though the person deep down is probably one of the sweetest. i hang out with kids who don't listen to rock, yes it can be difficult but if other qualities are like yours then what is the sense of bitching? labeling gets people nowhere, it just causes more ruckus and problems.
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
January 4th, 2008 at 06:00pm
I also think that labeling would count as "emotional bullying"
Juliet and Romeo
Salute You in Your Grave
Juliet and Romeo
January 10th, 2008 at 02:49pm
I'm both for and against labels at the same time
Sometimes if you don't know a person that's the only way you can possibly describe them

Using labels when you have nothing else to go by is one things
Using them as an insult I'm totally against
It's stupid and immature

If you feel the extreme need to insult someone, at least come up with something better
Sarahbree
Killjoy
Sarahbree
January 10th, 2008 at 10:01pm
yeah but it depends on if your offended by it or if it dosnt bother you or if they go to extreams to let you know how much they think your a (insert label) and if they physically or mentally hurt you to prove they think there right......
charlie_heart_mcr
Killjoy
charlie_heart_mcr
January 11th, 2008 at 04:18am
labels are for losers..... Ban labels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace out....*Victory *
xXrevengeXx
Killjoy
xXrevengeXx
January 13th, 2008 at 05:46am
i hate labels personally. I for one am labeled emo. Everyday i have someone at school come up to me pretending to slit their wrists or giving me smart ass comments. I think it is very low for a human being to label another especially when it isn't true. What is even worse is when your friends start copying and labeling you just like the others. Labeling hurts to some. I don't see the point of it.
Saffy..Cemetery
Killjoy
Saffy..Cemetery
January 17th, 2008 at 08:56pm
labels are everywhere. simple. and i dont really think it's a form of bullying. there are heaps of labels in my school but i have practically managed to erase the "labels" from my life. I have been labelled many things in the space of two years. ie ... emo, goth, witch (that one was weird), prep, nerd, goody-good and cutter. oh and vampire Very Happy . if you play on it, like the vampire thing, i don't really care about people calling me that and people use it... but not in a mean way.
i don't know if any of this made snese but basically, if yuo don't bother about the label and be who you want, people will get over it.
p a n d a_xx
Salute You in Your Grave
p a n d a_xx
January 17th, 2008 at 09:10pm
I personally don't mind lables but sometimes they go to far. I'm labled as a "preppy emo" just because I hide the fact that I'm pretty much always depressed and I go into serious mood swings [depressed, happy, sad, hyper, emo, okay] in like 1 minute.

It dosen't bother me really : ] <3
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
January 26th, 2008 at 08:51am
I think that the problem with labels arises when people refuse to talk/be civil to people in other groups.

I think it's in human nature to group people and things together, that's just the way we are. I also think that labels can be good in that they give people a sense of identity, it's hard to just be out there by yourself if you don't know there's anyone else who's like you.
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 10:58pm
I'm been labled almost anything you can think of from emo to prep. I'm not really anything. I think labling is a part of society. Its sterotyping that causes issues.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 30th, 2008 at 03:58pm

ii do think labels are bad cos it makes you st ick to a certain mould but i can honestly say there are people out there who deep down really just want to be labelled.
some people want the acceptance some people like the idea taht people have made an identity for them .
on a different note .

theres also labels like straight edge which bother me imensely .
i mean alot of people say it label themselves as such but ive mentiond this mutltiple times if people are so worried about labels all together why bother calling yourself straight edge. do you need a tag to be sober ? and clean ?

just a thought really .

jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 3rd, 2008 at 01:28pm
YES! it is such a bullying thing now.
Read my blogs. It basically explains why.

I hate labels. maybe cuz im labeled as a emo or goth.
Ink
Killjoy
Ink
February 4th, 2008 at 11:51am
To Be Honest I don't mind labels.And I quite like my label "weird screamo thing."
But, Its not just my opinion.
King Of The Jews JR
Jazz Hands
King Of The Jews JR
February 4th, 2008 at 05:56pm
Labelling is part of the human mind, Our mid LOVES to label things...

Look that apple is a fruit.
Steel is a metal.
Kid wearing black and cutting himself is Emo.

I rest my case ^_^
But anyway I was labelled at school, I was always being called nerd or geek...
So I just started accepting it.
First everytime they said geek i would say back "Actually Im a Nerd"
Then once they all called me Nerd I would just respond happily like it was my nickname, Eventually it became my nickname Very Happy
Now I work in a computer store and they all still call me nerd, cept now they are my friends...

Anyway thats just my story.