Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
October 6th, 2007 at 03:45pm
but i am not complaining if i get classed as one of the nice looking girls in my class or something nice like that but its just when people like that guy classing you as something just because of the music you like or the way you dress . its stupid . afterall we are all human !

_OUR_LADY_OF_SORROW_
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 6th, 2007 at 11:26pm
Everyone fits into a label.

It's not necessarily(sp.) a bad thing.

Sometimes you just fall into labels, because you like a certain type of music or style.

After all, you can't help that.

It's only if you make yourself fit into the label is when it's a problem.

If that makes sense.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 6th, 2007 at 11:26pm

Sometimes you just fall into labels, because you like a certain type of music or style.

If that makes sense.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 7th, 2007 at 12:47am
Phhia_x:

If that makes sense.

The only label I fit into is me.

Being defined by an outfit is a bad thing.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 7th, 2007 at 12:34pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
Phhia_x:

If that makes sense.

The only label I fit into is me.

Being defined by an outfit is a bad thing.

But people are always going to do it.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 7th, 2007 at 06:46pm
So?

People are always going to murder.
People are always going to rape.

That makes it okay?

Now I'm not saying that calling someone emo is equal to raping somebody. What I'm saying is that just because people do things and probably always will does not make it okay,
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
October 7th, 2007 at 10:47pm
everyone judged mcr waaaay before welcome to the black parade came out. MCR still consider themselves the little punk band from NJ but will anyone listen nooooo they're apparently emo. I agree with gerard all the way emo is a pile of shit.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 7th, 2007 at 11:12pm
dizzy water:
everyone judged mcr waaaay before welcome to the black parade came out. MCR still consider themselves the little punk band from NJ but will anyone listen nooooo they're apparently emo. I agree with gerard all the way emo is a pile of shit.

Or it's a genre of music that some people like.

Including me.

Smile

But thanks.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 7th, 2007 at 11:23pm
^^ I don't think it's necessarily the term "emo" that carries the bad connotation. As All You Need Is Love points out, it's a genre of music. That in and of itself is not a bad thing. It's what people have attached to that term that makes it bad.

Not every hippie is a pot-smoker. Not every emo is a cutter. Not every jock is an idiot. It's when people use the term, any term, in a derogatory manner, that's when it becomes hurtful.
All_You_Need_Is_Love
Joining The Black Parade
All_You_Need_Is_Love
October 8th, 2007 at 12:30am
I think it's hurtful to define a person by their outfit... regardless of if it's in a derogatory manner.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 8th, 2007 at 07:50am
I don't like it when people force labels on other people. If someone is happy to class themselves as emo, goth, prep etc. then that's fine... but when people repeatedly call a group of people emo, goth, prep, etc. just because of the way they dress or what type of music they listen to, then I just roll my eyes... Rolling Eyes

I also don't like it when people label other people, but when someone labels them, it's the worst thing in the world! Rolling Eyes
I'm not saying anyone here does it, but I've seen it happen. [I hate hypocracy...]
Cloud Strife.
Banned
Cloud Strife.
October 8th, 2007 at 10:12am
Yeah. Absolutely. Labels are improper. The only label yoiu should be fit into is your own, and I agree with that.
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
October 8th, 2007 at 10:47am
No, I dont think we need labels coz I think everyone is equal but has there different quirks that makes them who they are.I think point of labellingis that its done by people who call people names who a fed up with their own lame lives. Personally, I think its a bad thing coz you dont know what way the persons gonna take it. Yeah, it can be a form of bullying depending on what way they take it.
gemstonefromabove
Killjoy
gemstonefromabove
October 8th, 2007 at 02:31pm
a label is an insult or a compliment

but it still shouldnt be done

everyone takes it different

labelling is wrong. all in favour say i.

Smile
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 8th, 2007 at 06:54pm
All_You_Need_Is_Love:
So?

People are always going to murder.
People are always going to rape.

That makes it okay?

Now I'm not saying that calling someone emo is equal to raping somebody. What I'm saying is that just because people do things and probably always will does not make it okay,

I don't find it okkay at all.
I think it's shame.
And pretty shallow.

All I was saying is it will never stop.

And as for emo, I only see it as a music genre; I'm not sure where this emo 'lifestyle' came from.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
October 8th, 2007 at 10:23pm
I actually like my most common label, because it's pretty much what I want to be. Granted I'm the only 'Punk' I hang out with, it's okay.

But when I first dyed my hair, and wore eyeliner I got shouts of "EMO!" from the hallways. It's stupid, because 'emo' has no official meaning. No, it's not emotional, Einstien. So many people make themselves look like idots when they say "Everyone's emotional!" But anyway, back to my train of thought.

I'm actually not a fan of new labels like EMO or SCENE because they're going to most likely going to fizzle out eventually. I just kind of made myself seem like a hypocrite because PUNK is a dying label too, but it's not as prominent as EMO or SCENE these days. Well, at least not in my area. Where EMO and SCENE kids are all too prominent.

I really hate people who label themselves, especially as EMO because they know the world has somewhat of a disdain for EMO KIDS, but they choose to go around yelling "I'M AM EMO KID NOW LIEKKK OMG YAII!!!! I LIEK CUT MY RIST WITH SKIZZRZ!!! I'M SO HRDCRRRE GRRL!" I think people like that are really looking for attention and more "Nice black t-shirts" =]

I'm sorry if I offended any one =[
bob bryar is my hero
Killjoy
bob bryar is my hero
October 9th, 2007 at 02:44am
I think that labels are a bad thing because if you are good friends with someone for a while and then you get your label and its completly different then theirs they probably will just say see ya were not friends any more because were in different labels that are not related at all plus it just makes it harder to make new friends because any new people who you meet will be sucked into a label fromfirst impressions and then it makes it really hard to switch over when all your friends are in a different label . my sister is scene but because she is she calls anyone who likes big bands like mcr posers because to scene people like my sister everyone is a poser no one can be ahrd core but her friends that are nowhere near hardcore.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
October 11th, 2007 at 07:47pm
I think it really doesn't matter.

If someone wants to label you, let them. If you want to label someone, go right ahead. Sure, it may hurt people's feelings, but this world is full of that. It's life..

It annoys me, though, when people shove themselves into a label. Like dying your hair black, wearing skinny jeans/band t-shirts ONLY, and liking fake "emo" bands like FOB and Panic!.
If you do all of those things, then you're likely trying to be emo.
If you get a mowhawk, like Green day, and hate George Bush (even though you know it's not all his fault), then you're likely trying to be the stereotypical punk.

And it depresses me that some people really need to fit into a certain group and can't just be themselves.

(I'm not saying that if you do all of those things you ARE emo or punk, those are things that make you poser emo/punk. So if you're going to be angry with me, don't get angry about my stereotyping, thanks.)
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
October 11th, 2007 at 10:40pm
i get picked on by the odd person in school or even by randomers in the street because i look 'emo' to them but i don't let it get to me, i just put it down to narrow-mindedness Smile
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
October 11th, 2007 at 11:21pm
kezia.:
Silent_Whispers:
I think that labels are getting horrible...everywhere I go, I can't even walk through the halls of my high school without being called Emo and or goth...its like everyone have gone mad...I swear...people need to get a fucking life
You label yourself though.
Like, right in your signature.
Why is it alright to call yourself emo, but when other people call you that you get offended?

I'm getting so tired of people who are self-proclaimed "emos", and stereotypically go around and bash "preps and chavs", while complaining about being called emo.
Well is it not the same thing? You're still generalizing people based on appearance and insulting them, are you not?

Labeling is going to be natural. There's really no way to avoid it.
I don't think people should make it seem so dramatic.
And if it really bothers you to be called emo, how about you stop being such a cliché?

I agree. Its stupid. I get called emo all the time, and to be honest I am totally fine with that. People want you to get annoyed when they call you something like "emo", why give them that? Don't. Just ignore it. It isn't always easy, but its something that every should learn to do.