Don't have an account? Create one!

Labels

AuthorMessage
Taste_of_Stale_Air
Killjoy
Taste_of_Stale_Air
October 12th, 2007 at 12:21am
Probably repeating, but I'm lazy and don't read everything. Sorry.
I think labelling is a way to make people feel better about themselves or more popular or whatever. I sort of label people in my mind, but I don't call them that or make fun of them behind their backs or anything like that. It's like the first word that comes to mind when I first see/meet people.
It is a way of bullying if used in the wrong way because people do use it offensively. And I guess it's a social status thing, too.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 13th, 2007 at 09:16pm
I hate labels. I think they are immature. You shouldn't judge someone on first impressions. You need to know the person before you stick a label on them.
Labeling is a form of verbal bullying, in my eyes. If someone is getting labeled something they aren't, it just lowers their self esteem. It can make someone very upset if they are sensitive to verbal abbuse.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 14th, 2007 at 12:17am
We all label though, there's no denying it.

If you see a 'chav', you do think 'oh it's a chav'.

And I believe everyone fits into a label.
You can't not these days.
Sincerely Oblivious
Banned
Sincerely Oblivious
October 14th, 2007 at 04:56am
Everyone gets so pissed when people hear about a prep/emo/goth/ or whatever hating eachother, but heres what I think.

If you truely want to be diffrent, your going to risk that. And no, not everyones going to hate you, but some people are.

If everyone didnt care, there would be a lot more emo people or goth, or whatever the stupid labels are. Its just based on clothing (usually.)

You arent getting the true "standing out" thing if you arent willing to stand up for what you believe in.

Tolerance is one of the best things you can have. If everyone was tolerant... THERE WOULD BE NO DIFFRENT.

If it was easy to be diffrent, nothing would be original!!!!

Albert Einstein was diffrent. He was so diffrent people thought he was retarted... but he wasnt. He proved his diffrence was a good thing. He showed them all.

And here's what I love about some people not being tolerant. After all they do, your going to turn out ok. After all they do, your still you. After all they do, they might even relize when there older how stupid they were, and how that ignorance is still around. Talk about being ashamed? ... At least to me.

So, be diffrent. When people push you around, fight back. Because you've got something they might never have.

Show them all.
Ideal.Poison
Killjoy
Ideal.Poison
October 14th, 2007 at 05:56am
I hate labels. can't people just be people?!? I mean yeah different people like different music and a have different personalities but do they need to be called one thing or the other. and usually when someone lives up to the label "emo" or "goth" or "prep", they are "posers" so then they don't actually belong to the label. Also when someone labels something they're thinking of the stereotype.
Disenchanted x
Killjoy
Disenchanted x
October 16th, 2007 at 11:01pm
i hate this i always get labelled and its so annoying my friend get pissed off about it so much even though she labells people. if someone calls he an emo its bad but its ok for her to call them all she says is its different but i dont think it is, people should stop with labelling because we get judged by the way we dress or talk when they dont actually know us.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 16th, 2007 at 11:04pm
^ i hate people like that. its frusterating because they know how much it pisses them off yet they do it to everyone. They are just thinking about themselves and not about other peoples feelings.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 16th, 2007 at 11:16pm
i think that if someone is acctually going to take the time to label bands, people, etc. then they have no life. i'm labeled as crazy/emo/punk/freak.
i have a name that can sum it all up, Jackie (my name clearly)
and i applaud anyone who says screw labels, i dont need one Clap
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
October 17th, 2007 at 03:30pm

well you know
some people out there secretly enjoy the labels
just so they think they belong. this is true dont think you dont know somone who likes being called an emo. labels are wrong but in the end who gives a crap.

i mean ive been called an emo so many times its not even funny anymore
i dont even care.
cos most people who do call me one
are tool bags.

Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
October 17th, 2007 at 06:13pm
Hm, labels aren't as bad as actual bullying. But I hate being called emo by random people who pass me in the halls. I am guilty of it though, as I tend to label chavs and preps. So I'm not sure, really.

((I guess there was no point in this post then...))
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:04pm
^^ That's what made me realise what a hypocrite I was being.
I'd say I hate stereotyping.
And then do it myself with the 'chavs and preps',

etc.

Everyone stereotypes.
Sometimes it's just easier.

Like there's a group at school of my mates and I call them 'the scenes'.
That's how they're known.

And tbh, they don't care.

Most people don't actually mind.
And if you hated it that much, you wouldn't make it so obvious.
With nothing to say
Thinking Happy Thoughts
With nothing to say
October 17th, 2007 at 11:14pm
last year i went all slashy emo over it...but i stopped.
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
October 18th, 2007 at 12:47am
gemstonefromabove:
I totally think that theres no need for us all to be categorised.

its not like we're animals, we dont need to be placed in different groups.

everyone is an indivdual, and no one can 100% to a label thats applied to them any way.

people should just be people. with their own style and tastes, that can be a mixture of anything they want and not be categorised.

BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!!! Smile

I definitly agree.
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
October 18th, 2007 at 01:02am
i personal don't care about 'lables'.
You are who you want to be. who cares what anyone thinks about youself?

i am guilt of looking at people and going 'they're a prep/emo/goth/creep/ect'
but, i don't make a big thing of it. i'll get to know them before i can place something like that on them. But, only if I don't like them. Then they're normally placed in my made up group of 'butt bags.'

Though, I think people make to much of a big deal of it.
there is a thin line between being labled/sterotyped and being made of fun/bullied.
just cause you maybe put in the group 'emo' doesn't mean you should go off in a rant like 'omgz, i am so not emo!'
take it like a pinch of salt, and get over it.

Personally, I think labeling will never stop. Its in our nature. We all do it, and we can't say we haven't. If you want to place yourself in a certain group, go ahead, if you don't, then be yourself and don't care what others call you.
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
October 18th, 2007 at 09:40am
i think sterotyping is pretty unavoidable. everyone does it to a certain degree. it's like people saying they don't lie. I DON'T BUY THAT FOR ONE SECOND.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
October 18th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Labeling is annoying as hell. It's just another way for people to center someone out and make assumptions about them due to what they look like or how they act, etc., never knowing what they're like on the inside. People need to grow the hell up really...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 07:11pm
Some forms of labelling bug me though.
Like assuming every 'emo' cuts themself.

I find that different to calling someone emo because they're in an MCR hoody or something.
FAKE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE
December 1st, 2007 at 07:11pm
Do we even need labels?
No labels are a form segregation.
What do you think the point of labelling is?
To differenciate one type of people from another.
Is labelling a type of bullying?
Labeling in its self is not bullying. But to then pick on someone because they were labeled 'emo' or whatever is bullying.
etc.
Bellatrix Lestrange.
Killjoy
Bellatrix Lestrange.
December 2nd, 2007 at 08:09am
As annoying it may be to be called emo or scene or whatever all the time, you have to kind of accept that labels come about because they generally hold some truths. I mean, most get exaggerated, and people should never judge (like, "all emos cut themselves).

But when people go around wearing tight jeans and flipping their black fringe and listening to screamo and then complain about being called emo, that pisses me off.

We lable people because we like to organise things, we like to feel like we understand the world and it's under controll. It doesn't really annoy me when people call me emo becuse it's only ever really ignorant people that do it and they're just trying to understand people a bit better.

If it was like "you stupid emo! go cut your wrists!" that woud piss me off, but it doesn't happen. and it's not like people are segregated according to their label. You know, this is the prep part of the resturaunt.

Trends start because someone does something, other people think it's cool more peope copy, eventually, lots of people do it and it's noticable enough for people to come up with a name for it. If you don't want to be picked on for belonging to a certain label, then dress differently, act differently, don't be whatever they're teasing you for being.

sorry if that sounds bitchy, but i think people bring these things on themselves.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 2nd, 2007 at 10:00am

I get bullied like that.

I'm also a nerd. So its kinda like WTF?
Im an emo and a nerd? It doesn't make sense.
I try not to take it to heart though, as long as you are happy with yourself then you should be fine with it I think :]