MCR march

AuthorMessage
x-I'm Not Okay-x
Killjoy
x-I'm Not Okay-x
May 30th, 2008 at 01:35pm
Emergency!:
MigRacer:
and i think the whole emo stereotype is going to be even more worsened with this march, 300 kids dressed in black walking london with mcr merch everwhere to the outside eye their just going to see emo.

They all aren't going to be in black though. The people doing the protest have asked that people don't come all decked out in 'emo' attire, even if they think it would be funny. AND they have made special shirts you can buy from them that are white and that say in big black letters 'I CHOOSE LIFE' (or something of that idea). I'm sure there is going to be My Chem. merch, but, that would make sense really. It IS a protest about the way not just the Daily Mail, but many other various types of media, stereotype and view My Chem., My Chem. Fans, and just people in general. So, of course, MCR merch would be there. But also they will have signs that hold life supporting MCR lyrics and just plain anti-suicide messages. And sure, they still may get that general assumption that we are all just a 'bunch of emos' but the idea is to make people think before the spew bias and ignorant beliefs or go about labeling others. Maybe I'm just being way optimistic about this, and though bad things could happen with this, good things could also come from it too. Its the future, we don't know what they are going to think or say.

As for Martha.Monster's post, I think she has a very good point. This should be more then just a protest about people calling MCR emo, there should be more to it. It should involve something else also, the fans that are going to march tomorrow should also involve something that will view them in a different light other then just as pissed off fans, (which I do not view any of you as) and I'll let the ones going to the protest decide what they are going to do (Im on a whole other continent, so I can't go Crying or Very sad ). But like I said Martha.Monster did make a very good point.

i agree with what you guys are saying.
maybe they could protest suicide and depression too.
that would be another good thing to get across.
telling people that killing themselves isn't worth it and that there is so much more to live for.

but i seriously think this whole march thing is amazing :]
it makes me smile .lol.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 30th, 2008 at 02:04pm
MyChemGirl101:
SweetTea:
England

Darn! I so wanted to go!

I feel your pain,i'm all the way in Michigan Sad
done spamming now.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
May 30th, 2008 at 03:08pm
This protest march is giving everyone who doesn't actually look into facts the wrong idea about MCR.
Some people thought My Chem were hosting it themselves, for publicity.

One girl on someone's blog said this:
MCR is a band comprised of little kids that dont like their parents and want to complain about their miserable little lives that are just oh so hard.
And that lead singer dude,with his "i'm a victim of 9/11" bullshit. No body really cares! maybe if he were going to jail and fucking Pete Wentz people would be interested in him, much less his crap music.
besides, course they need CD sales! If their albums aren't selling, they dont have money. Dont believe them when they try to pull that, "Im only in it for the music"
no one is.

She's really using terrible grammar. Anyways, I responded with this: (profanity ahead, and this is an edited version xD)
Dude, do your research (like I have, extensively, over the years) before posting your bullshit.
1. They've all said how much they love their parents. Guess what, when people grow up, they like their parents. Something you have yet to experience, you socially inept retard.
2. They keep saying that "YOUR life is hard". As in, WE, the fans. Their lives aren't hard any more, idiot. They're rich, famous, and loved (and lots of them are married, I might add).
3. He never said anything about being a victim of 9/11. It just made him realise that a fucking dead end job wasn't all he wanted to do with his life. I know that's hard to believe, since your life seems to be all about talking out of your ass.
4. They never told their fans to do this march. If MCRmy (or whoever tis) wants to publicize for My Chem, they will, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Before I go, let me list some bands who love My Chem.
(here I name a bunch of bands such as Linking Park, Thursday, Green Day, etc.)
If any of these bands mean ANYTHING to you (as in, you respect their music or like them) then you'll respect their decisions and tastes, won't you?
Lastly, fuck you. People who refuse to use their brain (like you) are walking wastes of space, and the world is already over populated. But don't let that make you kill yourself, cause there's hope for you in the future.
And don't forget to do your research next time, before spouting off just whatever comes to mind.
God that was fun.

Yeah, overreacting, I know. But it bugs me when people talk about things they don't know about...anyways, back to the London march. I wouldn't go to that. I bet people will be hospitalized. I'm sure all the anti-"emos" are gearing up for a huge fight right now, and what better time to do it then at a peaceful protest?
Martha.Monster
Fabulous Killjoy
Martha.Monster
May 30th, 2008 at 05:16pm
fallout vapor:
Yeah, overreacting, I know. But it bugs me when people talk about things they don't know about...anyways, back to the London march. I wouldn't go to that. I bet people will be hospitalized. I'm sure all the anti-"emos" are gearing up for a huge fight right now, and what better time to do it then at a peaceful protest?

I Really Hope That This Isn't The Case.
I'd Like To Think That There Will Be A Lot Of Sensible People There, Who Can Stop Anything Getting To Out Of Control. Smile

Good Luck To All Of You Going, And Stay Safe!
Give Us All The Gossip Soon & Take Loads Of Pictures! Very Happy

Oh And Thankyou To "Emergancy" Who Said I Made A Good Point Smile
I Was Just Speaking My Mind Love Wink
imfallingtoofast
Killjoy
imfallingtoofast
May 30th, 2008 at 06:28pm
Wow, I wish I could get down to London tomorrow. It's about 3/4 hours away and I can't make it. Good luck to everyone who's going. I'm making my parents cancel their subscription to the 'Daily Mail' because of the rubbish it prints nowadays. I hate how they've taken everything out of context. 'Emo's' are just a new group of teenagers to attack now they've given up with chavs.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 30th, 2008 at 08:42pm
MigRacer:
the question my chemical romance is huge now but what will they be like in forty years, who will really care that they did anything.

Every single person they have helped, forty years from now, will remember. You have my word on that.

The person that saved my life kept me from suicide when I was 16 years old. He himself sadly took his own life in 2003. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. And I will think of him, love him, and be grateful for what he did every single day for the rest of my life.

MCR helped me change my life and gave me back something I never thought I would have again. I have "awake & unafraid" tattooed on my ankle in thankfulness for what they helped me do. Forty years from now, I will be 70 -- and I will look at that tattoo and remember them.

Remember the old saying, "To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you could be the entire world."

If MCR's music helped someone, changed someone, or saved someone's life, it will be remembered.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 30th, 2008 at 10:14pm
Hey guys.
I know the march is tomorrow.
and i just want to let you know that me and my friends
Nikki Kristine Morgan and Jesse are marching in spirit here in the states.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 31st, 2008 at 01:36am
fallout vapor:
This protest march is giving everyone who doesn't actually look into facts the wrong idea about MCR.
Some people thought My Chem were hosting it themselves, for publicity.

One girl on someone's blog said this:
MCR is a band comprised of little kids that dont like their parents and want to complain about their miserable little lives that are just oh so hard.
And that lead singer dude,with his "i'm a victim of 9/11" bullshit. No body really cares! maybe if he were going to jail and fucking Pete Wentz people would be interested in him, much less his crap music.
besides, course they need CD sales! If their albums aren't selling, they dont have money. Dont believe them when they try to pull that, "Im only in it for the music"
no one is.

She's really using terrible grammar. Anyways, I responded with this: (profanity ahead, and this is an edited version xD)
Dude, do your research (like I have, extensively, over the years) before posting your bullshit.
1. They've all said how much they love their parents. Guess what, when people grow up, they like their parents. Something you have yet to experience, you socially inept retard.
2. They keep saying that "YOUR life is hard". As in, WE, the fans. Their lives aren't hard any more, idiot. They're rich, famous, and loved (and lots of them are married, I might add).
3. He never said anything about being a victim of 9/11. It just made him realise that a fucking dead end job wasn't all he wanted to do with his life. I know that's hard to believe, since your life seems to be all about talking out of your ass.
4. They never told their fans to do this march. If MCRmy (or whoever tis) wants to publicize for My Chem, they will, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Before I go, let me list some bands who love My Chem.
(here I name a bunch of bands such as Linking Park, Thursday, Green Day, etc.)
If any of these bands mean ANYTHING to you (as in, you respect their music or like them) then you'll respect their decisions and tastes, won't you?
Lastly, fuck you. People who refuse to use their brain (like you) are walking wastes of space, and the world is already over populated. But don't let that make you kill yourself, cause there's hope for you in the future.
And don't forget to do your research next time, before spouting off just whatever comes to mind.
God that was fun.

Its not hat she didn't know about anything, she just had her own opinion about the band and it was kinda wrong of you to rip into her like that. if anything you probably just furthered her general dislike of the band and their fans.

fans like yourself that decided to rip into people just because they don't like the band as much as you do are probably why people have a dislike of the band you really should just let people think what they think of the band and let it go. i can tell you the last time i was at a my chem gig like two years ago i said that the performance was weaker than it should have been, a couple of die hards walked up to me and gave me the same sort of response, when in fact i was just voicing my opinion on that nights performance.

theres no need to verbally abuse someone like that.

HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 31st, 2008 at 02:27am
^ I agree that the verbal abuse was a bit much, but what the first person had said was very un-researched. I think it went more than just 'disliking' the band.

I am interested to see what the outcomes of this march will be. I'm neither for or against it. I don't think it's the best idea, and I'm not sure if it will work, but we will have to wait and see what happens.
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
May 31st, 2008 at 11:39am
Martha.Monster:
Oh And Thankyou To "Emergancy" Who Said I Made A Good Point
I Was Just Speaking My Mind Love

Your welcome. Mr. Green

Anyways, the march is today! I guess eventually we will all see how this turns out, good luck people involved!

fallout vapor:
I wouldn't go to that. I bet people will be hospitalized. I'm sure all the anti-"emos" are gearing up for a huge fight right now, and what better time to do it then at a peaceful protest?

Hopefully this won't turn into another anti-'emo' riot beat-the-crap-out-of-people spree like in Mexico, but I don't think any of those types would really have the guts to try to take down 300 (possibly more) determined-to-make-a-difference MCR fans wearing 'I Choose Life' shirts. Personally, I think the whole fact that they would be majorly out numbered and that if they tried anything, they'd be in for something, would be enough to discourage that idea, hopefully.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 31st, 2008 at 03:10pm
edit: article on march here
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2008 at 03:20pm
Just wondering - where in this march/protest is little Hannah Bond? Shouldn't one of the main messages be that of sympathy to her and her family? I know there is a big picture and she is part of it, but it seems so selfish to forget her, and I haven't seen her mentioned in the main reading materials on the protest. Only as a sort of instigation, never as a part. Never as one of our friends that we will miss and think of.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 31st, 2008 at 03:26pm
^ I think people tried to keep her out of it as much as possible, as a sign of respect, rather than making her an example. The protest was about stopping bands being blamed for teenage crisises (plural of crisis?) and issues. She was purposefully kept out of it, so that she could be remembered as a good friend, and a real person, rather than 'just part of a protest'.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
May 31st, 2008 at 03:35pm
heartagram.:
You guys are missing the point - it's not just about MCR, it's about scape-goating music in general.
Music should never be blamed because bands are not responsible for the actions of an individual.

We know for sure that The Daily Mail aren't going to welcome us with open arms after this, and we sure as hell don't want them to. The Daily Mail are a much disliked newpaper in the UK, some people even call it the "Daily Fascist".
This is a stand against terrible journalism. And no, it was not just one time that The Daily Mail have been misinformed - since 2006 they've been on an MCR witch hunt.

Even after the huge outrage displayed from the rock community as a whole from this (not just MCR fans) The Daily Mail continued to print a third article on the 15th May. They completely ignored all the criticism from a large number of people, Kerrang magazine included, and continued to display ignorance with such lines as "the black parade is a place that emos believe they go whem they die".
Such statements insult our intelligence as fans and I won't stand for that.

Who the hell cares if it's not going to change anything? We have been insulted, demeaned and treated completely unfairly.
With this protest we are going to make a point.

exactly
like people blaming gun crime on the sort of rap music that mentions about shooting etc.
when really it's just mentioned in passing, not necessarily promoted
the media/ older people need to understand that life's not just "the blame game".
i'm not saying the death of that girl wasn't tragic, i do feel for her family, but the whole blaming it on her being "emo" is just ridiculous!! i mean really ludacris in my opinion, that girl must really not have been happy with her life, there are other factors to consider other than her lifestyle choice & music.
i have very strong views on this, i was going to protest but couldn't get the day off work. the daily mail need to be shocked that what this band really does is save lives, if anything they should be singing their praises, not exaggerating stories to sell papers.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2008 at 03:38pm
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
^ I think people tried to keep her out of it as much as possible, as a sign of respect, rather than making her an example. The protest was about stopping bands being blamed for teenage crisises (plural of crisis?) and issues. She was purposefully kept out of it, so that she could be remembered as a good friend, and a real person, rather than 'just part of a protest'.

They could have raised money for her family, perhaps. That might have been a good idea. But then half of the people in the fanbase believe better causes could have been supported.

Edit: it's "crises" ;]
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 31st, 2008 at 05:34pm
How'd the march go anyways?
Me and my friends in the states were marching with you guys in spirit and faith
mcr_mom
Killjoy
mcr_mom
May 31st, 2008 at 06:12pm
psychochip:
MigRacer:
the question my chemical romance is huge now but what will they be like in forty years, who will really care that they did anything.

Remember the old saying, "To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you could be the entire world."

If MCR's music helped someone, changed someone, or saved someone's life, it will be remembered.

Well spoken!
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 31st, 2008 at 06:21pm
keep yourself alive:
How'd the march go anyways?
Me and my friends in the states were marching with you guys in spirit and faith
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
edit: article on march here

Paolo Nutini:

They could have raised money for her family, perhaps. That might have been a good idea. But then half of the people in the fanbase believe better causes could have been supported.

Edit: it's "crises" ;]

what good would money have done? it's like saying that she was worth a certain amount, she had a monetary value. It reduces her to an item again. The family doesn't need money any more than when she was alive. I don't think it is right for people to profit from someones death, even if it is the family. I mean if they wanted to set up some sort of suicide prevention, or bereavement charity, then people could raise money, but just to give someone money because someone close to them died? In that case, I deserve money, just about everybody in the world deserves money.

thanks for the spelling btw
Martha.Monster
Fabulous Killjoy
Martha.Monster
May 31st, 2008 at 07:09pm
Here's A Video That Has Surfaced Of The March.
Thankyou To Whoever Posted It On Youtube First Smile

my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
May 31st, 2008 at 09:24pm
how many perople marched?