Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR march

AuthorMessage
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 22nd, 2008 at 08:59pm
Migatron.:
and why would you want to silence the free press over their free thought ? if the daily mail bad mouths mcr in that fashion their entitled to do so because they tell the news from their perspective.

Exactly.
It's all about the angle. As I've said a number of times, and nobody has listened obviously, they are telling the story from a specific angle.
They've done their research and interviews, and this is what has come as a result.
Essentially, protesting about this article and My Chem's portrayal is protesting against the free speech of the girl's parents or whoever it was they did the interview with.

ChipmunkOnKetamine:
what ' I am not afraid to keep on living' is a lyric that tells kids that death is the best way out?

In a song called Famous Last Words...
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 23rd, 2008 at 01:40am
just found this in a myspace bulletin:

to be honest, im disgusted.
do you really think this is going to help?
maaan. a protest is ok.
sure, show your support, even if some people dont agree with it.
but this is stupid. your making matters worse. are people seriously going to do this after the protest?!
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:03am

Now thats just downright horriffic.
how is that video actually going to help.
that does nothing for their so called cause.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:11am
^ i know. its terrible. i can believe people are actually plannin on doing this. i saw the video and almost punched the laptop in. lol. seriosuly, are people that stupid? im disgusted by it.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:16am

after all this talk about suicide and not being a cult .. this happens.
massive contradiction. an action like this would actually hurt the band imsensly.

asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:32am

... and this is the reason My Chem fans get a ~bad reputation in the media.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:43am
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:45am

i talk to alot of people that say that the fans are a big deterrant from them listening to the band. i think people dont like the obsessive nature that the fans of the band have. to be honest i went to a show once and i was really overwhelmed at the over the top fans they are really kind of irritating.

Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:48am
earth2themorgue:

Thats tops but again that was written from a different persons perspective. and as media and everything else written down as a record is perspective and context play a massive role.

because i am against the march should i march against this article like these people will do because they weren't happy with the bands portrayal ?

earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:53am
thats not the point i was trying to make. the point is that some people have been saying that the protest is going to attract negative media attention and who knows maybe there will be a bit but so far, theres been pretty positive responses.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:28am
yeah, there have been a few positive responses, but theres no way the protest if going to be 'peaceful'.
especially with the mass suicide planned. seriously. what on earth is up with that?!
those people are idiots.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:42am

Well you really can't have it both ways.
First you're saying that My Chem and their fans get bad media coverage, and now you're saying it's good?
In which case, the point of the protest is...?
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:49am
no; My Chem get bad media coverage. the protest is getting good media coverage.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:58am

says who. the medias just going to treat it like a novelty.

IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 23rd, 2008 at 04:27am
no, a march, followed by a mass suicide is just stupid. You can't march to tell people that a band doesn't create a suicide cult, and then all kill yourselves. You can't. It doesn't work. You can't march to say one thing, and then turn around and do something else, IMMEDIATLY AFTER!!! It is stupid.

The protest isn't going to get good media coverage. How can you think that a mass suicide is GOOD media coverage. People aren't going to listen. Firstly people will think you are jokeing, like I did when I saw the clip, and then they are going to laugh. Do you not see, that by killing yourselves, you are reinforcing the Daily Mail's image of 'emo'?!?!?!?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
May 23rd, 2008 at 06:13am
The YouTube clip isn't working for me.

Can someone sum it up for me please?
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 23rd, 2008 at 06:21am
Can you not see that those videos are completely fake?

They were not made by fans at all
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
May 23rd, 2008 at 06:37am
^ how can you be sure though? theres been so many other things going around planning a mass suicide also. not just the video. and not only that, even if they are fake, it may give ideas to kids who think its good and who will go ahead with it. whether its fake or not, something still might happen, which would be incredibly awful.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:04am
( basically someone's decided to plan a mass suicide after the march)
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:05am
ChipmunkOnKetamine:
no, a march, followed by a mass suicide is just stupid. You can't march to tell people that a band doesn't create a suicide cult, and then all kill yourselves. You can't. It doesn't work. You can't march to say one thing, and then turn around and do something else, IMMEDIATLY AFTER!!! It is stupid.

The protest isn't going to get good media coverage. How can you think that a mass suicide is GOOD media coverage. People aren't going to listen. Firstly people will think you are jokeing, like I did when I saw the clip, and then they are going to laugh. Do you not see, that by killing yourselves, you are reinforcing the Daily Mail's image of 'emo'?!?!?!?

NO ONE is supporting the mass suicide. the main reason being that those youtube videos are a joke. no one in their right mind would take those seriously. i doubt many people even know about those silly videos.