MCR march

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 2nd, 2009 at 07:57pm
MILLIONAIRES!:
I don't think the daily mail did anything wrong
The Daily Mail spread misinformation and put an alarmist spin on what was supposed to be a sad report on a child's death. That is irresponsible journalism, and quite worthy of protest in my eyes.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 2nd, 2009 at 11:20pm
tabitha:
^^ I do feel it's acceptable, being the one who said it, because people who are involved in causes should never look down on others. So I give money and time to children's charities. I won't ever say that someone's work on the cause of their choice isn't enough.

I feel that people who work together should support each other. I've even stated that I agree that the MCR march wasn't a "worthy" cause in my opinion; but it was to them. And as a person who works with my own causes, I can respect and appreciate what they did for a cause important to them.

Cutting people down for standing up for what they believe in is an asshole move. End of.

That what is acceptable? Sorry, I can't see what you are referring to.

And yes, I also think that nobody should look down on others for figthing for a cause. I was personally not involved in the march in any shape or form, but that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the people who did.
As long as something helps at least one person in some way, in my opinion, it's a worthy cause.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 3rd, 2009 at 10:29am
You said:
Lovesick Melody.:
The only thing I don't agree with is your line "I don't see you getting off your asses from behind that computer screen and doing something for something you dub a worthy cause."
I think you shouldn't make such remarks.

I stand by this statement since I was the one that said it. People are so quick to jump on the "what good did it do?" bandwagon that I challenged them to throw out what they are doing for whatever cause they deem worthy. Nobody did. They did, however, continue to berate the protesters because the cause they stood up for "wasn't as important" as (insert any cause here).

I am fed right the fuck up with all the negativity around the march. So it's not the most noble cause on the planet. SO WHAT. It was noble to them. That's all that matters.

You can support whatever cause you want to support, and people should respect that. I choose to give time and money to children's charities, others choose AIDS prevention and awareness, some for the homeless, some for law enforcement operations, and so on. There is no shortage of good causes in the world. These girls picked their cause and did something about it only to get it shit on by a bunch of anonymous posters on this board and others chastising them because "it wasn't an important cause."

Instead of being negative and bringing down what they did, people should go out and do something for what they want to do. Sitting at a computer bitching about this march DOES ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD WHATSOEVER, and does even less good for the world than what the march did.

The march brought awareness to a cause the girls felt strongly about; that's all they wanted, and that's what they got. That, and a bunch of jerks trying to negate what they did by saying it wasn't an important cause.

So I now make my statement again, and stand by it as much as I did when I said it the first time. Don't sit here and chastise these girls because they did something for an "unimportant" cause. Follow their example, get off your ass, go out into the world, and do something, *anything*, for the cause of your choice.

Then post it, and see how many people crawl out of the woodwork to tell you what you did wasn't important because it didn't include (insert cause here), and see how angry and frustrated you become because others tell you what you did wasn't good enough.

That's what people did to these girls. It's not right. The importance of the cause doesn't matter, but the right to exercise free speech, to gather peacefully, and speak out against something that angered them; *that* was important. It was a good lesson in civics, in government, and in organization; it brought people together for a common cause. For all of those things alone, it was important. And I am sick to death of people berating it.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 3rd, 2009 at 10:41am
Vanya Hargreeves:

: I don't see you getting off your asses from behind that computer screen and doing something for something you dub a worthy cause.

I believe thats the quote shes referring too, the one written by 'Vanya Hargreeves'

thats probably what caused the confusion
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 3rd, 2009 at 11:18am
^^ I wasn't sure. I had said something similar as well, so I justified why I said it.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 3rd, 2009 at 04:16pm
tabitha:

I was referring to a statement made by Vanya Hargreeves, but I agree with everything you just said. Everyone has a cause that they feel like fighting for, and that nobody should drag the people involved in that down.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 5th, 2009 at 01:49pm
^^ Thank you, and I stand duly corrected. I had forgotten that Jenny had made a similar comment, so I thought you were addressing me. I appreciate that you can now at least understand a little better why she and I both made the same statements. I also thank you for your openness and understanding, and wish more people would do the same. xo.