Motor Baby
famous_last_words
August 6th, 2006 at 03:11pm
i got very very sqaushed woo for me
xxHow I Disappearxx
Motor Baby
xxHow I Disappearxx
August 6th, 2006 at 03:13pm
I wore a tank top, cause I knew I'd be hot (not a skinny strapped one, it covered my shoulder) and I just so mushed and pushed my shirt came too far down numerous times. I got kicked in the head by a crowd-surfers foot, and my friend got punched in the face.

Just be prepared, and if you go moshing, link you and your friends arms together so you don't lose eachother.
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
August 8th, 2006 at 05:03am
Okay Professional pit bitch here... to educate the amatuers.

umm first thing... Glasses probably a bad idea, almost garaunteed you'll lose them, and they'll be mashed to shit...

2. Pony Tails are key, I never understand girls who can wear their hair down in a pit, it gets so pulled and messed up, plus it's much cooler with your hair up and off your neck.

3. Don't wear too much clothing, you'll be sweating your ass off. Jeans and a T-shirt or Tank-top are great, Skirts aren't the greatest, wear full shoes, not sandals or anything, because your toes will get crushed

4.Try not to have much in your pockets because anything in there will get smushed, don't take a purse.

5. Drink lots before, so you don't get too dehydrated, don't eat much though, I find eating before moshing just makes me feel like puking.. and Mcdonalds after is always more satisfying than Mcdonalds before haha.

6. If you're a first timer watch out for circle pits, they're a little harsh for newbies.

7. Don't take things personally, if someone pushes you, or hits you or something, push them back and go on doing your thing.

8. If you need to, get out, it's not that hard to get back in, you'll get your spot back, if it gets to be to much for you, just back off.

9. If you're short be prepared to not be able to breath, I'm 5'10 and I have a hard time getting a breath of fresh air in a pit, just wet stale air.

10. and make a place to meet up with you're friends after, because you'll lose them for sure.

And be prepared to get hurt, if you dont' want to get a little roughed up, don't go in.

I think thats about it. I could teach classes on this shit.
matt skiba!
Awake and Unafraid
matt skiba!
August 8th, 2006 at 08:31am
If its your first time in a pit DO NOT CROWDSURF.

But, if like me, your all about the crowdsurfing, dont wear a skirt. Or have any valuables in your pocket. Put anystuff you want to keep either in the safe storage area, or to the guards at the front.

And, be nice to the guards. They give you water. And help if you get injured. Ive seen so many people be harsh to the pit guards when the dudes are just trying to keep everyone safe.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 8th, 2006 at 08:42am
mycaffeinatedromance:
I hate to come across as..hehe...worried? But anyways

I am a mosh pit virgin. Never been in one. I'm 5'4, like...130 pounds, have long hair and glasses. Tips for survival in a MCR pit?

Oh yeah, and I'm female.

DONT GO IN WITH YOUR GLASSES!!!

If you have a friend who isn't going in, give her your glasses. They will be smashed to bits/ if you dont
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 8th, 2006 at 08:52am
Put your glasses in a gatorade bottle. I've heard it works.

Pit stories?! YAY!

I'll keep these short since I have a billion.

In the Casualties at Warped, I fell down and the biggest part of the circle pit was coming toward me but they stopped and helped me up and I kept running cause they were playing Bliztkreig Bop.

In Silverstein (At a bar called the Masquerade), nearly the ENTIRE audience was a pit. I fell down and got a heart shaped scar on my knee.

Aiden at Warped, first Wall of Death. Easy peasy.

Aiden at Warped again. I was crowd surfing and they had been dropping people so I turned around to see if they were gonna catch me and they didn't so I fell about six feet onto pavement. No scar, just a pretty bruise.

Again the Casualties, they were... destroying... a Confederate.... battle... flag.... Sorry... I respect that flag, not the American.

Anti-Flag at Warped, I met a friend from a local band called the Luenskies. He had a big bloody gash in his back.

Underoath. There wasn't much of a pit, you couldn't move. I had my arms up to shove with, and BAM! I was squished between people so tight I could have picked my feet up and not fell down. A girl who looked about 20 left crying. Teenies were streaming out with their cameras. A beach ball landed on my head and I couldn't get my hands up to knock it off. Then I got even more squished because some people were clearing room for a pit.

Fun, fun.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 8th, 2006 at 08:54am
OH! and my first concert, one of two I had seats at, I was jumping and screaming and head banging so much I had to be moved to between my dad and my friend and I bruised my shins on the backs of the seats in front of me. I was temporarily deaf and mute.
It was an MCR concert...
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 8th, 2006 at 08:57am
Hardcore dancers should have seperate pits, by the way. They hurt really bad and they're inconvenient because you aren't supposed to shove them down on purpose... i make it look like an accident.

Water=wonderful. I once chugged a whole bottle in one gulp and I was still thirsty.
At warped, they charged 3 dollars for a drink and I spent 30 between me and my sister.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 8th, 2006 at 08:58am
FlamingXbaby:

Again the Casualties, they were... destroying... a Confederate.... battle... flag.... Sorry... I respect that flag, not the American.

not to spam...but why in the world would you repsect that flag? it's not like it represents "southern pride" it represents a group of people who were racists and wanted to keep slavery. [/spam]

i have a lovely scar on my ankle from where a tiny scene boy kicked me. poor kid almost got snapped in half trying to crowdsurf.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 8th, 2006 at 08:59am
This Time Imperfect:
Mosh pits are my home.

I love no pain more than that which comes from mosh pits.

//end weirdness.

Amen.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 8th, 2006 at 09:00am
awwwsugar:
FlamingXbaby:

not to spam...but why in the world would you repsect that flag? it's not like it represents "southern pride" it represents a group of people who were racists and wanted to keep slavery. [/spam]

i have a lovely scar on my ankle from where a tiny scene boy kicked me. poor kid almost got snapped in half trying to crowdsurf.

I would like to talk to you... *twitch twitch*
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
August 8th, 2006 at 09:01am
FlamingXbaby:
awwwsugar:
FlamingXbaby:

I would like to talk to you... *twitch twitch*

So Talk! I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just have no idea why you could respect a confederate flag!
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
August 18th, 2006 at 12:52am
eh, im 13 and going to my first mcr concert in the mosh, and i dont wanna get serriously injured cause my parents will kill me, but like, are they that bad??
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 18th, 2006 at 11:18am
If you want to avoid injury...

You know the parts where it gets really fast all of a sudden? Like in the live versions of Helena? The pit will speed up considerably when that happens. Stand on the edge at first and just shove people as they come. Gradually, phase your way into the pit.
If you see someone who looks like they're doing karate, I advise getting away, that is hardcore dancing and it hurts.
Crowd surfing, not really. Not so safe. People get dropped a lot and grabbed and stuff, but if you're willing, just go for it.
Not over pavement.
Don't worry about falling, they generally stop the pit momentarily and pick the person up.
feel the romance
Jazz Hands
feel the romance
August 18th, 2006 at 05:33pm
mmkay. thanks very much for the advice!!!!
Ghostbuster famous
Salute You in Your Grave
Ghostbuster famous
August 19th, 2006 at 04:19pm
I love water when you're squished at the front. It's like 'ahhhh yes!"' I know how plants feel now. lmao.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 19th, 2006 at 05:58pm
You know what is really really funny? The people who say Gerard is against moshing.
There are many holes in this theory.
1. Have you ever heard Thank you for the Venom on Life on the Murder Scene? I believe his exact words were, "open up those fucking mosh pits- open them up!"
2. What does it matter what he thinks of mosh pits?
3. Why would you be a rock musician if you were against mosh pits?

It's ridiculous.

It's just people trying to get rid of mosh pits at MCR concerts so they aren't afraid of them.

No offense to anyone.
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
August 19th, 2006 at 10:49pm
Rock concerts will never be void of mosh pits haha.

It just won't happen.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
August 20th, 2006 at 12:02pm
Yeah I know.
So it's retarded to try.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
August 20th, 2006 at 12:09pm
Once when I was at a concert, I had been in the pit for about 30 seconds and I immedeately smacked in the jaw.
This was worse than it would be for most pepople because I have braces.
The wire sunk into my lip and left a lasting imprint of the braces in my flesh.
I was bleeding a lot, but I didn't care.

I was laughing my head off later that night. =)