Joining The Black Parade
Jake
August 21st, 2006 at 12:56pm
Ouchies. =/
Never been in a moshpit.
Maybe one day.
Never been to a concert though either.
Mainly cause of my 'rents.
But I plan on going to Warped next year, when I'm 16 and licensed to drive. I hope MCR decides to do Warped Tour next year.
I'm really outgoing and would love crowd surfing and moshing, but I don't really like pain...oh well.
Synyster
Salute You in Your Grave
Synyster
August 21st, 2006 at 01:00pm
I've only been in one pit
at simple plan
and the place was an amusment park that didn't allow "moshing" or crowd surfing
but there was this chick there that was all "do me peter!" and then I shoved her really hard, and then she just gave me this look. Oh and then I got water thrown on me by Chuck!
Zoe.Scandalous.
Bleeding on the Floor
Zoe.Scandalous.
August 21st, 2006 at 01:14pm
Oh this is cool. I've got 2 stories. 1) A couple of years ago my sister went to an AFI concert and got pushed into the mosh pit. A guy pushed her over, then, like, kicked her knee, so she was limping for a while.

2) In my seventh grade year, me and a few of my friends went to a dance and started a mosh pit in front of the DJ. The teachers got pissed cause a few of us were getting really violent coughmecough, and more people had joined in. So we couldn't mosh anymore, so we stood there and nodded to the songs, but by the end of the dance we were moshing again. And uh... we got banned from the next 2 dances. XD. I had this huge bruise on the side of my face, and a little cut above my eye. (I got punched by someone with a ring) It rocked!
Hide and Seek Me.
Bleeding on the Floor
Hide and Seek Me.
August 25th, 2006 at 12:49am
Eveie_the_Pixy:
Oh this is cool. I've got 2 stories. 1) A couple of years ago my sister went to an AFI concert and got pushed into the mosh pit. A guy pushed her over, then, like, kicked her knee, so she was limping for a while.

2) In my seventh grade year, me and a few of my friends went to a dance and started a mosh pit in front of the DJ. The teachers got pissed cause a few of us were getting really violent coughmecough, and more people had joined in. So we couldn't mosh anymore, so we stood there and nodded to the songs, but by the end of the dance we were moshing again. And uh... we got banned from the next 2 dances. XD. I had this huge bruise on the side of my face, and a little cut above my eye. (I got punched by someone with a ring) It rocked!
*claps*
moved to new accnt.
Jazz Hands
moved to new accnt.
August 26th, 2006 at 02:52pm
There was one time my friend Lisa was at a Green Day concert and this guy with a mowhawk was moshing toward her, and his hair poked her in the eye she said. I was like, "wtf?".

And I was at Rancid a month ago, and my friend Meghan pushed me in. So there was this guy, and he took of his shirt and swung it around and it hit me in my head like, three times. But after the show, the dude gave me a hug. Haha. I didn't even know him. But he gave me a hug. =] Oh, and this guy with a orange and yellow mowhawk touched my ass. And I was kind of like, "Woah. o_O"
So yeah, there's my stories.
<3.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
August 27th, 2006 at 08:53am
Eveie_the_Pixy:

Ahaha, my friends and I did that too at one of our school dances! XD
But the teachers didn't even care, they were laughing.
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
August 28th, 2006 at 12:24pm
haha.. When I went to see Story Of The Year I went outside for a smoke, and some guy came up to me, and asked me to sign his pants.. and I was like "..anywhere?" haha.. So I wrote 'nice ass' on his back pocket. and 'Mel was here' down the leg haha.

Some guy at AFI too, when I was in the pit, there was this huge guy, who was so nice, like he was like 7 feet tall, and had this huge mohawk, and he was standing behind me for a while, but then he moved and I was up pretty close to crowdsurfers kept falling on my head, and he'd grab them off and throw them and he'd be like "Are you okay?" haha. And I'd just give him a thumbs up haha. Everytime I went crowdsurfing I just went and found him haha, and he lifted me up by himself (which isn't easy, I'm 5'10 and a solid 150 haha) and like nicely passed me in haha.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 28th, 2006 at 08:31pm
I've been in pits before, only by accident though.
Because Mosh Pits are completely stupid and idiotic.

I was watching Fall Out Boy, and some drunk guys started a mosh pit. Wth. Rolling Eyes
Honestly, who moshes to Fall Out Boy? Let alone at all?

I got caught in one at MCR's 2005 Warped, but I got out after getting punched a few times. Then I blacked out and fainted in the crowd because 4 crowd surfers fell on my head. 4. The security guard had to pull me out.

Crowd Surfing is for poseurs.

They only want to 'look cool'. Well news flash, you don't. You look retarded. Plus you're hurting all of the rest of the fans.
True fans are against the barricade holding on for dear life.
They wouldn't even think of crowd surfing, because they want to keep there awesome spots.

Stage Diving? Ohkay. Even Head Walking? Ohkay. Because the fans can see you coming. But Crowd Surfing and Moshing? Naw.
Kittie™©
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kittie™©
August 28th, 2006 at 09:24pm
Lol.
Yeah I was at Rock The Mill the over weekend and it was a little free concert.
And some guy tried to start a mosh pit and everyone just sat there and went "O.o"
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
August 29th, 2006 at 03:32pm
They only want to 'look cool'. Well news flash, you don't. You look retarded. Plus you're hurting all of the rest of the fans.
They wouldn't even think of crowd surfing, because they want to keep there awesome spots.

Well news flash honey... only so many people can stand at the front. It has nothing to do with how "True" a fan you are. Some true fans like to chill at the front, some like to stand in a circle pit and dance to the music, some like to have the best time they can, make memories, have fun, some like the sit in the seats and sing every word to every song, some like to stand behind the pit and take pictures and videos so they can remember it forever. Some like to jump around and enjoy themselves, because they're so excited they couldn't stand still if they tried, some people like to crowdsurf and have fun. Rather than "Hold on for dear life" just for the sake of being so close all you see is the security guard's bald head.

It has nothing to do with how much you've liked the music, how long you've been a fan or anything, Some people aren't worried about scene politics and being a "true" fan when they go to a concert, they just want to see a band they like play the songs they like, and do whatever it is they do to have a good time... It takes all kinds.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 29th, 2006 at 03:44pm
Ohkay, I never said it has to do with how much you've liked the music.
I said it's bad because your hurting other people.
And I honestly don't see at all how hurting people and getting hurt is fun.
And that was only my opnion.

I resort to hardcore dancing. You may get slapped in the face, but it's an accident when you do.
It's pretty much like moshing without anyone to hurt, but in a retarded looking style.
x]

And I mean, I'm not always in front, but I'm not going to make someone else have a bad experience like getting their face punched in. Even if that's what made me enjoy a show.

hxc dancing for life nukkas. x]
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
August 29th, 2006 at 04:08pm
TreehuggerxCore:
I've been in pits before, only by accident though.
Because Mosh Pits are completely stupid and idiotic.
Nah-uh =] To me, moshing is the most fun ever.

TreehuggerxCore:
I was watching Fall Out Boy, and some drunk guys started a mosh pit. Wth. Rolling Eyes
Honestly, who moshes to Fall Out Boy? Let alone at all?
I went to Leeds this weekend, and Fall Out Boy inspired one of the best mosh-pits of the festival. Pete even asked the crowd to start a circle pit (although it didnt quite work the way he'd planned O.o;; )

TreehuggerxCore:
I got caught in one at MCR's 2005 Warped, but I got out after getting punched a few times. Then I blacked out and fainted in the crowd because 4 crowd surfers fell on my head. 4. The security guard had to pull me out.
I'm sure nobody was intentionaly trying to make you black out. If you don't want to be hurt, then you should try your very best to stay out of the pit (I know it's not always possible, mind), or areas where it looks likely that a pit is going to be started.

TreehuggerxCore:
Crowd Surfing is for poseurs.
NUE! Surprised
Crowd surfing is absoloutely amazing =] Its one of the best feelings in the world. Try it; you'll love it. XD
I know it's a bitch having some sweaty, flailing guy or girl land on your head sometimes, but I suppose it has to be expected at gigs. And sometimes (this happend to my 13 year old brother on sunday), the moshing gets so rough for people that the ONLY way out is to crowd surf. Surely thats okay?

TreehuggerxCore:
I don't agree with that what-so-ever. I'd love to be at the barrier for every gig I go to, but it's just not possible. As was said, only so many people can be at the front. When I go and see my favorite bands, I shouldnt have to feel any less of a fan just because I'm unfortunate enough not to be at the front. besides, if I was at the front, I'd deffinately give up my spot to someone else if they couldnt see, or were struggling to stay upright in the pit.
Besides, it's pretty imposible to crowd surf if youre at the front in the first place XD I only crowd surf if I can't see anyways, and have no hope of getting a spot to see. Moshing and crowd-surfing is just how I roll Cool
This Time Imperfect
Thinking Happy Thoughts
This Time Imperfect
August 29th, 2006 at 05:15pm

Well what exactly did you mean when you said "true fan".. is being a "true fan" not about the music... so if I went to a concert of a band I didn't even know, and stood at the front and didn't let go then I'm a "True Fan" of that band even though I don't know shit about them. I'm confused.

You may get slapped in the face, but it's an accident when you do.
It's pretty much like moshing without anyone to hurt, but in a retarded looking style.

So it's not an accident if you get slapped in the face when you're not dancing?. There's no less people to hurt. that jerk who knocks you in the face when you're standing there doesnt mean to do it anymore then you mean to do it when you're the jerk that knocks someone else in the face, and that's the fact of mosh pit facts.. there's no hard feelings because everyone gets hit, and everyone hits. and people who think they're just the victims are stupid. Becuase realize it or not you hit people too, and if you don't wanna hit anybody or be hit then don't be in there, stand back, you can see just as good behind the pit as you can in front of it.

Basically if you don't wanna get a little roughed up... stay back, if you expect to stand right at the front and not get a little bruised then you're just being naive.
StonyPony
Jazz Hands
StonyPony
August 30th, 2006 at 10:27pm
I guess the time I went moshing barefoot (because I have major shoe-hating issues) is the best story. I was at an underground punk show (The Luenskies, The Jousting Clams, et cetera) and my friends kept telling me I'd regret going in with no shoes. They clearly underestimate me. I didn't even get stepped on. The whole point of moshing is shoving everyone away, right? Well, I shoved everyone away before they could step on me. It was actually a pretty violent pit, too.
At Hawthorne Heights/Adien/Bayside/Silverstein, I went crowdsurfing and they stuck my head in a speaker. I've had a Marine wearing a spikey belt land on my head.
One time, while crowd surfing, I was dropped on my head and a drunk guy caught me before my neck broke. Somehow, vodka got spilled all in my hair. By the time I left that show, I was so covered in alcohol I'd have been hard pressed to convince a cop I hadn' t been drinking.
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
September 2nd, 2006 at 02:48pm
^^^^ lol. I've never been in a mosh pit. I don't really have a need to. As long as i'm there, i don't give a fuck where in there i happen to be. Oh and i prefer to not get smashed in the face.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
September 2nd, 2006 at 05:24pm
TreehuggerxCore:
I said it's bad because your hurting other people.
And I honestly don't see at all how hurting people and getting hurt is fun.
And that was only my opnion.

I resort to hardcore dancing. You may get slapped in the face, but it's an accident when you do.
x]

And I mean, I'm not always in front, but I'm not going to make someone else have a bad experience like getting their face punched in. Even if that's what made me enjoy a show.

hxc dancing for life nukkas. x]

Talk about painful, expect a nice steady shove and get karate kicked. Hardcore dancing is a scary, scary thing when performed by 6' tall drunk dudes. I think you're talking about the stepping kind where you just step and kick a little.
I'm talking about HARDCORE hardcore dancing that kick and flip and punch and are too drunk and dizzy to see who they hit.
More dangerous than moshing.
FlamingXbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FlamingXbaby
September 2nd, 2006 at 05:32pm
I was in a pit with no people standing around making a wall for the first time a week or so ago. A circle pit, too. My brother's first circle pit. It was a big pit too. More than half the audience. Seeing as how the audience was about forty people...
But still. Fun. I nearly broke my thumb.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
September 4th, 2006 at 07:41pm
Now I want to mosh.

I was next to these girls who started a circle mosh. I ended up falling flat on my butt.(that hurt for a week) and this girl tripped over me. My wonderful friend was just laughing at me.
StonyPony
Jazz Hands
StonyPony
September 4th, 2006 at 08:58pm
Moshing rocks.
For the poor person who was offended by the Confederate Battle flag...my friend, you need a history lesson.
Hey Jennifer, do you remember that time when we were at Silverstein (I think the second time) and they threw that cheerleader-looking girl about ten feet and the security guard caught her?
Turn To Grey
Always Born a Crime
Turn To Grey
September 4th, 2006 at 09:06pm
Front row, Aiden, Warped tour:
Inbetween songs I yell "I love you!" To the band. wiL Francis say I love you right back to me, into the mic and all. Best day of my life so far Very Happy

Mosh pit, Panic! At The Disco, BFD 2006
some girl in the mosh pit tried to get up front by claiming to be Brendon Urie's gf, but we laughed and said "nice try biznitch"

Anti-Flag, BFD 2006
Some werd guy trying to gat past me smiled and put his hand on my waist, then left. Very creepy.

Yellowcard, BFD 2006
Some 200 lb guy was trying to crowdsurf and was dropped by group of teenage girld (incuding me)