Don't have an account? Create one!

MOSH PIT STORIES!

AuthorMessage
MusicAddict628
Killjoy
MusicAddict628
February 22nd, 2008 at 09:41pm
I was at a cobra starship concert..here is stupid me thinking we were just gonna stand still...completely WRONG! I felt like my ribs were being crushed, no air whatsoever, and when flippin gabe said for everyone to jump I felt like I was beig raped by the guy behind me..I could flippin feel everything!!! My friend couldn't take it anymore and left me..but I caught the drumstick..so all that torture was worth it..but for those beginners, you cannot be all nice! people are there to get to the front, they will push,shove,and do whatever it takes to get a little closer..ahhhhhhhhh, and always have a water bottle...its the worst feeling in the world when you are thirsty
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
February 22nd, 2008 at 10:56pm
the walrus.:
i've just got a question about mosh pits, ahaha.
well i've been to concerts but haven't been in the pit in them, or they just didn't have one..
and i'm goin to see mcr in may.. i'm 15, 5'2, and about average weight..
am i gonna get smooshed and die? xD
well, where's the best place for me to beee?
i wanna be as close and have as much fun as possible without like having some sort of attack or, well, dying. xD

for my chemical romance concerts your gonna be mooshed to death thats just how there concerts are. u can stand further back but if u wanna be really close ur gonna have to put up with everything. if u never been a pit before or been crushed before mcr might be a shock lol. people can be really nasty. its all about ur tolerance some people can do it some cant. id go for it get up there if u can't do it just get pulled out and stand in the back.
Fink.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fink.
February 23rd, 2008 at 12:59pm
the walrus.:

i'm 14, 4'11", and i haven't died in a pit yet Smile
you will get smooshed and crushed, especially by people who are really tall and big (which is the worst thing ever, haha), but you won't get killed and all (:
and it's gotten a bit hard to breathe before--cause i'm so short and i have all these really tall people around me
but if you can stand all that, pits are really fun.
Fink.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fink.
February 23rd, 2008 at 01:01pm
woops. double
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
February 23rd, 2008 at 01:05pm
thanks to the people that answered me! :]
Worlds Away
Jazz Hands
Worlds Away
February 23rd, 2008 at 10:25pm
I went to this MCR concert in november, and we weren't in the moshpit but so many people got pulled out before MCR had even came on! I remember we were watching this one chick being pulled out, and she was unconscious right? We keep watching and the security guard that pulled her out got near the doors, and then he threw her up in the air because he was losing his grip whilst holding her, and we're still watching and I swear my face was like Shocked SO anyways, yeah he threw her and we just saw limbs moving and rolling around and he catches her and walks out like it's nothing. After the concert I just kept thinking I wanna be in a moshpit next time, because the whole entertainment centre was filled, and the moshpit was AMAZING!
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
February 23rd, 2008 at 11:46pm
ok so it was projekt rev and we had lawn seats and we kept looking in the pit to see how fun it was but nobody in the pit was doing anything at all, it was ridiculous. they were just standing there and the band kept asking them to jump and stuff and they didn't. so then the band asked for mosh pits and they didn't do it of course, so we were like, well, we'll just have to start one then! so we started the first one of the whole show but it was on the lawn which sloped down, so you kind of fall down the hill. and then there was this drunk mexican dude who ruined it all cuz he hit some girl on accident or something, so then this really skinny, pale, borderline nerdy kid whose badassness outweighed all that, who told us how he started a mosh in his school hallways, started punching the crap out of this big mexican guy, and then the mexican dude ran for it through the crowd and pushed my friends and I out of the way. so then the cops ran up into it to chase the guy down, and he was being crazy so they freakin body slammed him or something once they caught him. i think they threw him over onto the concrete. and then after that everyone else on the lawn started to break into mosh pits and the cops tried to stop em since it was dangerous on the slope but they really couldnt. We were pretty pleased with ourselves though, I'm not gunna lie, for setting the example for everyone. I think ppl in my state kind of suck cuz they wouldnt do anything at all, like gerard asked for a boa and there was just silence and so he was like, wow guys, thanks. We met him later and we were like, sorry about the boa thing man. and he was like, ya, what was that?!? and a few months ago at their black parade tour he said bonjour cuz they were just back from europe, and noone knew what it meant. lol i love my ppl. so there was silence again and he just said, "jeez...."
Worlds Away
Jazz Hands
Worlds Away
February 24th, 2008 at 01:52am
LMAO that must've been an interesting night for Gee XD
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
February 24th, 2008 at 08:54am
My very first mosh pit ever was Nine Inch Nails, I was 15 I think? I had gotten seperated from the guy I was with, so I just was trying to get closer to the stage. I asked a guy to let me by, he picked me up and I surfed up to the front and got dropped off right by the stage. Then Trent Reznor took the stage and everyone rushed it, and I got shoved into the stage. Some other guy saw me, picked me up and set me on his shoulders, so I was face to face with Trent. It was amazing. My guy saw me on the other guy so I surfed back over to where he was. When the show was over I stopped at the bathroom and my face was all bruised and my nose was bleeding from hitting the stage wall.

And not a mosh pit story but I'm going to tell it anyway, because I've read some of the above stories and I want to throw out a warning. I saw a guy die at a Jimmy Buffett concert, this would have been about 10 years ago, I was still in college. He was drunk almost to the point of alcohol poisoning, and was running and slid in the mud and flew right off of the lawn, which had about a 5 ft. drop to the sidewalk below. I was pretty close to him so I rushed over and tried CPR while some other fans ran to get the paramedics, but I knew he had no chance, he'd snapped his neck, among the other injuries. I haven't talked about it in years because I feel bad, I wish I could have done more, but some of the stories I've read above scare me. I don't want anyone to end up like he did. It terrified me to the point that I didn't go to another concert for years. Moral of the story: please be safe at concerts, guys. I know I sound like the old lady of the board here, but I've seen it first hand. Please, take good care of yourselves and be careful. No band, no act, is worth dying for.
cyanide1316
Bleeding on the Floor
cyanide1316
February 26th, 2008 at 12:44pm
holy shit^^^^
thats insane

mine isnt interesting
somebody attempted to pickpocket me during projekt rev. all the sudden i felt hands groping around inside my pants pockets.
luckily my money wasnt in my pockets, so it was no big
but theres a lesson for ya
kids, keep your money in a safe place
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
February 27th, 2008 at 12:57am
At a Parkway Drive concert I was right behind this guy with really long hair in the mosh. It was awful, his hair was always in my face.
I'm expecting to cough up a hairball soon.
Bring.The.Words.
Salute You in Your Grave
Bring.The.Words.
March 6th, 2008 at 05:04pm
*'little moshpit at a TRIVIUM show like afew bruises
*euh at the frontrow when I saw SOULFLY one of toenales was bleeding and my foot wasa bit blue
*MCR show , it was like a stream/moshpit (haha it was when they started playing HELENA),thanks to that I went to front -second row was even closer to FRANK..... ,my arm & sholders where sore the next day , but it was worth it =)
Quinnifier.
Awake and Unafraid
Quinnifier.
March 6th, 2008 at 11:35pm
my fist mosh pit was during warped tour. i was exhausted carrying all my stuff that i bought standing in the crowd waiting for red jumpsuit to start. there were these big tall bulky guys surrounding me. i didn't think anything of it and still stood there. all of a sudden when rja came on stage and ronning started saying hi to everyone the guys all spread out. thats when i realized what was going to happen and i was like "oh shit!". they began to play and the guys and more people joined it. i was still clutching my stuff and i had no way out. soo...i went for it! it was awesome. my signed poster by btf was torn and crumpled but at least it has a good story behind why its like that.
it was crazy! xD
cyanide1316
Bleeding on the Floor
cyanide1316
March 17th, 2008 at 12:56am
during warped tour i was able to get to the front of the crowd for bad religion and about half way thru their set the strap on my bag broke and all my shit dropped out. stuff from home, expensive crap i bought that day, everything got moshed away. i was able to sweep up my shirts and one cd but lost everthing else. after their set was over and the crowd left i could see my trampled stuff spread all over the ground.
it sucked, but being that close for bad religion was totally worth it.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 17th, 2008 at 12:00pm
jim sturgess.:
well i've been to concerts but haven't been in the pit in them, or they just didn't have one..
i wanna be as close and have as much fun as possible without like having some sort of attack or, well, dying. xD

You'll be fine (:
If you're worried about getting dragged into a pit, stay to the side.
You can still be at the front if you're at the side.
I was standing for 30 Seconds To Mars, and I went to the side 'cause a pit started.
It was fine. xD
I'm standing for Nickelback in September, too, and I'm worried about that.
I'm guessing a Nickelback pit's gonna be worse than an MCR one?
Aren't most of their fans like, greasy, bearded old men? LULZ XD
cyanide1316
Bleeding on the Floor
cyanide1316
March 17th, 2008 at 02:30pm
jim sturgess.:

haha, nah you should be fine
make sure you wear sturdy shoes. anything not firmly attached will get moshed away
and then by the end of the concert you wont have any toes
but ya gotta be kinda mean and stand your ground.
ATTACK
Bleeding on the Floor
ATTACK
March 21st, 2008 at 02:22am
I avoid them at all costs. O.o
Even the area outside the mosh pit is a deathtrap.
In the front row they start pushing and shit and the whole crowd is being
shifted around and the next thing you know 30 people are all tipped over and
someone is sitting on your head. B[
I remember the first show I went to in the pit, I almost got shoved into the mosh pit. And it was sad. I screamed.
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
March 21st, 2008 at 10:28am
cyanide1316:
holy shit^^^^
thats insane

mine isnt interesting
somebody attempted to pickpocket me during projekt rev. all the sudden i felt hands groping around inside my pants pockets.
luckily my money wasnt in my pockets, so it was no big
but theres a lseeon for ya
\kids, keep your money in a safe place

Keep it in your bra.
Wink
Although you could be like my friend and buy an ice-cream before the gig starts and have loose change in your bra...
XD
drunken elevator.:

I'm standing for Nickelback in September, too, and I'm worried about that.
I'm guessing a Nickelback pit's gonna be worse than an MCR one?
Aren't most of their fans like, greasy, bearded old men? LULZ XD [/size][/font]

Seriously?
Frigg...
I'm probably going to see them in September too...
Imma gonna get squished!

Very Happy
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
March 21st, 2008 at 05:02pm
Ok, so I'm going to my first concert [MCR!] in May. They're my favorite band in the world, and I really want to focus on the show and not be afraid of dying. I want to be in the front, but I don't want to get crushed. Should I get on the side or what?
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
March 21st, 2008 at 07:13pm
unapologetic apathy;:
Ok, so I'm going to my first concert [MCR!] in May. They're my favorite band in the world, and I really want to focus on the show and not be afraid of dying. I want to be in the front, but I don't want to get crushed. Should I get on the side or what?

the sides tend to be less mooshy then the middle. being in the middle of it all kind of makes it hard to pay attention sometimes to the show cause ur being knocked around and watching for crowdsurfers. if u really don't wanna deal with all that i would stay on the side.