Don't have an account? Create one!

Blood

AuthorMessage
frankiexcorreee
Killjoy
frankiexcorreee
February 13th, 2007 at 03:22am
I laughed when i first heard the song blood
i thought it was really cute though. I dont know how Gerard got the idea to write this song.
gerard gave somebody something as much as he could but it was never enough.
idk but its a cute song and i love to listen to it
x-Skittles
Killjoy
x-Skittles
February 15th, 2007 at 03:36am
LifeOnStandby:
Black-x-Tears:
I imagine that "blood" is connected to "blood, sweat and tears". Like, giving it all you've got. "I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff." I think that means I gave you all I had.

I was thinkin around the same lines....good job putting it across.

And I'm gonna have to go with Loonatic, I think he hit it on the bullseye.

It's impressive what a minute and half song can mean =P

OhEmGee I GOT QUOTED! Wow my first time getting quoted! Sorry I just had to say that!
drexi
Banned
drexi
February 15th, 2007 at 04:02am
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I gave you blood, blood, blood
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.

whoa, dude, i think your reading waaaay too much into this. i dont think its that deep.
Headfirst-For-Halos
Killjoy
Headfirst-For-Halos
February 15th, 2007 at 08:04am
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this sooner, a gurney is not in fact a hospital bed but the white gown doctors wear. And I remember reading somewhere Gerard said, and don't quote me word for word on this, "I think that maybe the Patient survived, maybe it was all in his head" and I think this correspond to the lyrics "A celebrated man amongst the guneys, they can fix me proper with a bit of luck" It sounds like a doctor has been found (A celebrated man amongst the gurneys) that may be able to operate on and save the Patient. Considering Blood is a hidden track and it seems somewhat insignificant, maybe it has a hidden meaning.
Miss Zacky Vengeance
Joining The Black Parade
Miss Zacky Vengeance
February 21st, 2007 at 02:50pm
i ♥ this song. its hilarious. me and my best friend sing it in class and our teacher thinks we're total loonatics! lol : ) i think the meaning might be that he gave everything he could to someone but they didnt care anyway. i also agree with the fact that "the doctors and nurses" are metaphors.
XxHelenaxVampirexX
Killjoy
XxHelenaxVampirexX
February 21st, 2007 at 06:01pm
Blood is a song that is very unique to the other ones on the album.

I think of a man, in an insane asylum, with doctors and nurses watching over him. The "I gave you blood" part I believe to be about how the man gives the doctors all they want, but they don't treat him normally (as in not-a-psychopath). He just wants to get out and do what he wants.
Loonatic
Fabulous Killjoy
Loonatic
February 22nd, 2007 at 09:37pm
Headfirst-For-Halos:
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this sooner, a gurney is not in fact a hospital bed but the white gown doctors wear. And I remember reading somewhere Gerard said, and don't quote me word for word on this, "I think that maybe the Patient survived, maybe it was all in his head" and I think this correspond to the lyrics "A celebrated man amongst the guneys, they can fix me proper with a bit of luck" It sounds like a doctor has been found (A celebrated man amongst the gurneys) that may be able to operate on and save the Patient. Considering Blood is a hidden track and it seems somewhat insignificant, maybe it has a hidden meaning.

I never thought about that. I wish Gerard would clarify it for us! Oh well...

Heh...I'm actually giving blood tomorrow! w00t! Ok, nuff spam.
Music_is_life
Killjoy
Music_is_life
February 23rd, 2007 at 06:22am
well i agree with oneoftheblackparade, about the chemo patient. i love this song and feel that it is sorta just wrapping up the story of the album (if u no what i mean).
But i can also see how it relates to the band and their fans.
Good points made all round!!
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
February 23rd, 2007 at 03:54pm
I may sound very immature, but "Blood" always reminds me of vampires. Specificaly the movie "The Lost Boys" come to mind when I first heard the song.
I also think that the "give them blood" stuff has something to do with the crowd and fans. I also felt "creepy" when I heard it. I like creepy.
FOMinEMO
Killjoy
FOMinEMO
February 24th, 2007 at 04:34pm
At first, I listened to "Blood" and thought it was a joke. I mean, it IS sorta hysterical. After a few more times, I noticed a meaning. To me, blood seems like a metaphor for alcohol.
strat-guy91
Killjoy
strat-guy91
February 25th, 2007 at 09:41pm
"Doctors and Nurses= Hospital" of course.I think it shows how The Patient wasn't exactly a "stable" person. He had evil thoughts about his medical treatment, and wrote songs about it.
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
February 26th, 2007 at 09:57am
i agree with the human wreckage being associated with the addictions.
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
February 26th, 2007 at 02:51pm
I think this song refers to how hard they have worked and how much they have over come to get to the point that they are at today.

"Well they encourage your complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile
I can't control myself because I don't know how
And they love me for it honestly I'll be here for a while"

These lines refer to how Gerard had to cooperate to become sober(first line)
Maybe how his family/bandmates/friends/fans kept him encouraged along the way(second line)
And now that he is sober he cant control his urge to spread the word about getting help when you need it (ex:alcohol/drug abuse, feeling alone, thoughts of suicide, etc) and fans love him for it and he will be around for a long time now that he has put his former problems in the past(third and forth lines)

"So give them blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough
Give them blood, blood, blood
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."

The blood refers to the hard times they have triumphed through and the hard work they put into their music to reach fans and their performances/shows. The flood part is basically telling us fans that the are going to be around for a while and and they are just going to keep hitting us with amazing songs for years to come.

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful f--- (why thank you!)
I gave you blood, blood
Gallons of the stuff
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love!"

My Chemical Romance is greatly celebrated amongst their fans(first line) Maybe Gerard and the rest changed their ways because we their fans were a big motivation for them (second line) and the fact that we adore them was alarming to them because they realised how much we look up to them and maybe they thought they werent good role models(third line).
They are going to continue working hard and to them they maybe think that what they do will never be "enough" so they strive and go that extra mile for the fans.(next few lines)
To us the will always be the guys we can relate to, the guys that werent so cool in school, the guys that turned to alcohol(and over came addiction), the guys who like many people at one point hit rock bottom, the guys that are hated by some people (we all know we have defended them at one time or another), they are the kind of human wreckages we love!
strat-guy91
Killjoy
strat-guy91
February 26th, 2007 at 07:32pm
That's really good! Props. Clap
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 28th, 2007 at 12:57am
drexi:
LifeOnStandby:
This is one of my favorite MCR songs. I understand how all their songs sound quite different, but this one just stands out among them.

I think the song is generally about their fans/crowd.
"When they love me for it honestly, I’ll be here for a while
So give the blood, blood, gallons of the stuff"

I thinkl its double meaned. That maybe the blood is a metaphor to the crowd/fans.

" celebrated man amongst the gurney’s" ^supporting last detail.

Then, towards MCR, I beleive the whole topic is relating to Gerrad. Due to drug usage in the past....but I'm not completely ontop of background stories so its just a outloud thought.

"Well they encourage a complete cooperation
Send you roses when they think you need to smile"

later on they mention doctors and nurses, so I'm guessing they can be relating that to the cooperation. But I think the cooperation is also being compared to the crowd, yet again. The crowd/fans send in their deepest respects and regrets to MCR, deffinitely while members are having struggle.

Then again it just might be in general, Doctors and the lot sympathize for you, along with others when you're ill. Maybe that dates towards Gerrad...<shrug>

"The doctors and the nurses, they adore me so
But it’s really quite alarming
‘Cause im such an awful f**k"

This is where I think my crowd/fan idea gets put together nicely. Shocked that they enjoy the music and their works, when he isn't exactly the most perfect person. I was wondering why they picked doctors and nurses other than following to the song. Maybe due to the fact that they're generally higher educated, therefor intelectual. Relating to, shock that generally smart people...or well informed in music or outside still listen intently.

"And it’s never been enough
I’m the kind of human wreck that you love. "

Related that MCR keeps giving, and a lot, pouring their soul out...and people love it. That the crowd doesn't quite enjoy...but can relate to the music and all.

"I can’t control my self because I don’t know how"
Relating to how at times there has been a bit of feud inside and out of MCR and the music world. Or maybe the crowd/fans themselves cant control themselves.

My friend sean actualyl relates the song to the concept album . It's a bonus track...but it is on the album. He refers it to the guy in the hospital bed to the other people. He thinks blood, giving them hard time in the hospital and others are reaching out to him in respect, the red roses phrase. Possibly that he's not giving, but actually losing blood but is still making it through. He's the one who some had loved, while he's a wreck and fighting til the end.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, and it's just a fun song. But I beleive that evey MCR song has a lot to it, thats why I just endure the lyrics. Just two different sides put together, can't wait to hear everyones thoguhts.

whoa, dude, i think your reading waaaay too much into this. i dont think its that deep.

I Dont Reckon.
i think deep thinkin is better than air-head-ness. for all we know hes got it right...
and by the sounds of it it is Clap Clap Clap wewt go you !
Into The Ocean
Killjoy
Into The Ocean
March 1st, 2007 at 05:43pm
I like it,its sorta about dedication to the fans and alll
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 1st, 2007 at 06:04pm
i think its about a guy in a mental hospital and he gives the doctors a lot of trouble so he won't be coming out soon.
beautifullychaotic
Fabulous Killjoy
beautifullychaotic
March 4th, 2007 at 03:08pm
I thought it was about someone with an illness and the doctors and nurses take blood everyday. Maybe the guy is in an instution cause it says he's going to be here for a while... but I don't know thats just what I thought it was
AFireInside7474
Killjoy
AFireInside7474
March 9th, 2007 at 10:50pm
There is a saying... I'm not exactly sure on how it goes but it's something like "What do you want me to give you, my blood?"

It basically comes across as I've given you so much that my blood is practically the only thing I haven't given you.

The doctors and the nurses... that could be just about anyone... but I believe it's them to whom he's giving.

It's all a giant metaphor.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
March 10th, 2007 at 02:08pm
very nice...we should have an award for deepest thinker bc you would win
i just like the song
its fun to sing
but now im actually thinking about it