August 27th, 2007 at 07:59am
why?
Myalyas
Killjoy
Myalyas
August 27th, 2007 at 08:58pm
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:
why?

The idea of a concept album centered around a dying patient is... just fluff. If there is a real "patient", it is Gerard, himself.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
August 28th, 2007 at 02:21am
exactly what my explanation said. re-read it. i'm saying that in Blood, gerard uses the patient to describe him, and describes how they're similar, and makes a direct connection to the patient.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
August 31st, 2007 at 10:02pm
Haha, I like the idea of it being about Renfield. I have read Dracula at least three times, and although it probably could fit, I don't think it's quite right. The allegory seems to be forced, and I doubt that anyone ever sent Renfield roses.

I still agree with the popular theory that it's about the band investing their blood, sweat, and tears into their music, and it's never going to be enough. I saw an interview on YouTube, and Gerard said that they haven't had a break in 6 years, that they're finally going to take three weeks off after Projekt Revolution.
sweet--revenge
Killjoy
sweet--revenge
September 1st, 2007 at 04:33pm
thats a good way to look at it lol
Marty Boy
Killjoy
Marty Boy
September 4th, 2007 at 10:54pm
i think its about donating blood
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
September 8th, 2007 at 07:35pm
Myalyas:
Put "the patient" out of your mind.

In the first place, I didn't even think it was about the patient.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
September 9th, 2007 at 05:52pm
Myalyas:
The idea of a concept album centered around a dying patient is... just fluff. If there is a real "patient", it is Gerard, himself.

It's amusing that you treat us all so condescendingly when the real ignoramus is you. It isn't a crime for authors to identify with their characters (I feel like I am all the characters that I write about, heroes and villains.) And it isn't a crime for them to put a bit of their own lives into their stories either. If you read between the lines EVERY book is about its author, his or her struggles, and his or her ideals. The reason why that is less apparent in books than in songs is because authors have more words to hide it under than songwriters do.

Why is it impossible for you to see what many of us do, which is that The Black Parade is about both MCR and the Patient? Some of the songs are about the Patient completely (Dead and Cancer), others are about MCR completely (The Sharpest Lives and Teenagers) while most of them, if looked at in different ways, could be about either of them. Being able to take a collection of songs and turning them into a story, (which MCR has done not once but in all three of their albums) is something to be commended for anyway because most musicians don't do that. Personally, I find it a lot more fun when you have to know the band well in order to see how their songs are about them.
[end long rant]
dalloman17
Killjoy
dalloman17
September 9th, 2007 at 06:44pm
I think blood is about donating blood. He is a hero for giving blood even though he is such an awful f***. It can have many other meanings too. I think it can be about whatever you want it to be.
Richelle-the-Ripper;
Joining The Black Parade
Richelle-the-Ripper;
September 10th, 2007 at 03:10pm
ive always thought it was about vampires or smth.
gosh, im shallow.
Doodles.
Killjoy
Doodles.
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:44am
I'm gonna say this like everyone has said, it's about thanking their crowds. Look:
Well, they encourage all complete cooperation Send ya roses when they think you need to smile doesnt matter how you act, we're gonna love you anyways.
I cant control myself because i dont know how--stage issues...=P
And they love me for it honestly, i'll be here for a while.---we love him being naughty. mcr forever.
So give 'em blood, blood gallons of the stuff! Give 'em all that they can drink and it'll never be enough so give 'em blood, blood, blood....grab a glass because there's gonna be a flood--They give us their beautiful music, we keep wanting more

A celebrated man amoungst the gourneys----we'll always love him in any city
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck If we believe in them, they'll try to change
The doctors and the nurses---aka the fans.
They adore me so but it's really quite alarming, 'cause im such an awful fuck-----inner self issues......OH THANK YOU

I'm the kind of human wreckage that ya love--you said it.
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
September 28th, 2007 at 01:14am
I always thought it was about a mental patient. When he says he doesn't know how to control himself, he means he seriously CAN'T. Also, when he says the doctors and the nurses love him, and that he's a celebrated man, it means people treat him nicely. (you know how people do that to people with mental illnesses?) So he figures, "Hmmm they seem to take my blood, so if they treat me this nicely, take ALL THE BLOOD YOU WANT!"
gerard_way_rules
Killjoy
gerard_way_rules
September 29th, 2007 at 07:17pm
r u 11
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 2nd, 2007 at 08:13pm
I think it's just about people wanting too much from him.

I mean think about it, he has to go out there all the time and give his all at each show. People love it when he does, but they sure do notice when he doesn't too.
My Chemical Music
Killjoy
My Chemical Music
October 4th, 2007 at 07:09am
I think it's just them being random!
blackXmascaraXtears
Bleeding on the Floor
blackXmascaraXtears
October 5th, 2007 at 03:54am
does anybody know how to get the piano to this song?

//spam sorry//
Jack Sprat
Fabulous Killjoy
Jack Sprat
October 5th, 2007 at 04:57am
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:
this is probably an inappropriate place for the question, but i'm not sure where else to askkkk. what exactly is a "b side" of an album? and how does it work?

When a band releases a single, you can buy it as a seperate CD for like 5 bucks or whatever. (That's NZ$ for me, so it might be less or more for you.) Anyway, they usually put one or two extra songs on it to make it less of a waste of space. Sometimes they use live versions of other songs, instrumental versions or songs that just didn't make it onto their album. That's what b-sides are.

Wink Hope I helped.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 5th, 2007 at 08:07pm
Our Lady Sorrows_Lux:
this is probably an inappropriate place for the question, but i'm not sure where else to askkkk. what exactly is a "b side" of an album? and how does it work?

Well, coming from someone in my age bracket.....

it used to refer to the b side of a cassette. The groups used to put all the more popular songs, or the ones to be released for radio, on side A. Most people wouldn't even bother flipping it over because in the dark ages back then, it would take a minute or two to actually fast forward the last part of the last song to reach the end of the tape. When that happened and you flipped it over, you were at the beginning part of side B. Anyway, it was a pain in the ass to do. Then someone came out with a quick flip button, but then you would flip to side B and be halfway in the middle of the first or second song. So, in essence people really didn't bother with the B side of a cassette tape. If you REALLY wanted to hear it, you would buy an 8 hour long cassette (4 hours each side) and record both sides of your favorite albums on it so you could listen continuously.This was also the start of "mix tapes" and just plain recording things from the radio. Then cd's came out and for a whopping $500 a pop, you could listen to cd's and not have to worry about flipping the tape. But then you had to convert all your fav stuff to cd and that was about $20 a pop too.

And there you have the first of what may be many lessons in: Music in the Dark Ages 101
LMAO
mrs_allie_gerard_way
Killjoy
mrs_allie_gerard_way
November 15th, 2007 at 01:25pm
this song is defently about emos cutting themself- believe me-i know how that fells. this song is just showing the HAPPIER side of cutting.......DUH
BlakeTheBIbliophile
Killjoy
BlakeTheBIbliophile
November 26th, 2007 at 04:12am
Honestly, I think it's how all these organazations are constantly telling you to give blood, give blood, and it doesn't seem to be ending. No matter how much blood people donate, it just isn't enough.

But, you guys are thinking deep. xD