Don't have an account? Create one!

Music

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 16th, 2008 at 08:38pm
someone stop this.:

music is society, music makes people who they are.
of course with the help of other things and whatnot, but i truely believe music is a wonderful thing. it saves lives, kills lives, is what people do to make money so they have lives, it's a lot, and i'm gonna end up repeating myself, so i'm just gonna leave it as music means a lot to a lot of people.
[/font][/size]

I wholeheartedly disagree. Yes, music is a wonderful thing - but I don't think it's something that makes every single person " who they are". Me, for example - I love music, and always have. But there is so much more to me than the music I listen to, and there is so much more to me that made up who I am. I wasn't raised by music, music just happened to be something I took (and take) enjoyment in. Credited with making me who I am? I don't think so...

Sorry if I sound blunt, but to say that music makes everyone who they are is just not right to me. Of course, there are some people who it influences more than me, and that's perfectly okay. But I don't think it would be true for everyone, sorry.
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
June 18th, 2008 at 04:14pm
Well, I was really depressed until I started listening to My Chem
I'm not saying they saved my life, because I wasn't, persay, 'suicidal'
But, it made a huge impact
Also Green Day, Three Days Grace, even Fall Out Boy helped, amazingly.
I might be music-obsessive, but, that's just because I obsess over a lot of things. lol.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 18th, 2008 at 10:55pm
I am a seriously depressed teen.
im not going to lie.
but once i started listening to mychem
i realized suicide wasnt the answer and yes they did save my life.
if they can do that, thats just amazing. because at that point i thought nothing will save me
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
June 21st, 2008 at 03:39pm
For my final English project, we were told to chose between eight and twelve songs to represent important instances in our lives, and then write an essay about why the songs mean so much to us.
I chose twelve songs and ended up writing a six page essay describing what these songs meant to me.
So, ya, I guess you could say music means a lot to me, and has affected my life in a huge way.
Music can help you express your deepest feelings, your strongest fears and your most passionate emotions. Songs can help you find closure or understanding, or help you realize you are not alone.
Music is life. That's not only my favorite phrase ever, it's the truth.
Kiss..Bang..Dead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kiss..Bang..Dead
June 21st, 2008 at 03:49pm
Music gives me a place to relax from a stressful day, it helps me get away from all of my problems and issues. Music can help so many people and i am grateful that i found something that truely helps me. MCR has inspired me to follow my dreams and to do what i want with my life. i think it is awesome that My Chemical Romance has saved so many peoples lives as well as giving great shows and music to people who want it and need it. I am thankful that they have given my the inspiration not only mentally but physically and emotionally to do what i want in my life and not to let anyone take away my dreams. So thank you My Chemical Romance and thank you music for helping me.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
June 21st, 2008 at 08:46pm
demolition.loverxx:

Music is life.

I have to disagree with you there.
It may be for individuals, but there are many people who can survive without music.
Although music is a large part of our cultural identity, it does not make the world go around.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 23rd, 2008 at 03:44am

i agree 100 percent.
music does impact alot of people like it does lighten the mood at times, but i wouldnt say that like society is run on music.

i thikn people exaggerate music a bit.

radio ga ga.
Demolition Lover
radio ga ga.
June 23rd, 2008 at 10:15pm
After I wrote what I wrote on the last page, I thought it sounded stupid. /:
I think I just got caught up in what I was saying and exaggerated it.
I mean, yeah, it does mean a lot to a lot of people, but a lot of people could also care less about it,
and like someone said, survive without it.
I think it just depends on the person/people.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
June 24th, 2008 at 07:30pm
Music is a big part of me. Listening to music helps me calm my nerves after something bad has happened like if I just had a fight with someone. It helps me think about the situation deeply and what I should do about it. Listening to My Chemical Romance always helps me with that. MCR became my favorite band not because everyone else liked MCR, but because they always give out a strong message in each of their songs. I'm sure many others feel the same way.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 27th, 2008 at 05:40am
demolition.loverxx:
For my final English project, we were told to chose between eight and twelve songs to represent important instances in our lives, and then write an essay about why the songs mean so much to us.

Thats so cool! If you don't mind, what songs did you pick?
For me I think it would be, in no particular order:
INO, WTTPB, FLW, This Is How I disapear, Deathwish, Helena, Just One Victory, Happy Christmas (War Is Over if you want it), Starspangled Banner/Purple Haze @ Woodstock, Wild Thing @ Monterey Pop, Stone Free, Sunshine Of Your Love, Killin Floor (Both Hendrix and Howlin Wolf's version) Revolution, HELP!, Strawberry Feilds Forever, Jonny B Goode,

Alright so its over 12 songs, what can I say? Music has had an enormous impact on my life. I'm amazed at how many MCR songs made the list off the top of my head, I only got into them this past December!

Migamphetamine:
i thikn people exaggerate music a bit.

I agree, it depends on the individaul, I think some are confusing music and expression. I'm not sure if music is life, I think its easier to say expression is.
butchyboy191
Killjoy
butchyboy191
June 27th, 2008 at 06:55am
I think its just got to depend on the individual!
Personally I love MCR however it certainly hasnt saved my life and hasnt really changed me (apart from maybe the way I spend my free time).
Having said that I can truly understand how it can mean so much to some people and I can certainly believe people when they say "MCR saved my life" (although not everybody who says it).
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
June 27th, 2008 at 02:34pm
I'm beginning to think the whole 'MCR saved my life' thing has as much to do with the age of the person who supposedly was saved as the message of the band. I think, since Middle and early High School are such a hell, that teenagers will latch onto whatever band keeps them sane at the time. I never was suicidal exactly but the band that helped me survive Middle School was not MCR but Bowling For Soup because that was my favorite band at the time even though their songs are rather silly.
fancy pirouettes.
Awake and Unafraid
fancy pirouettes.
June 27th, 2008 at 07:01pm
Music can affect everyone lives but at the same time everyone has to care about music just as much as a person willing to stand in line for hours to see a band. Not everyone is like that.
Music is life to those who have nothing to hold on to keep themselves from sinking. To others, music is just a thing to listen and to entertain.
It can save lives but not in a direct way.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
June 27th, 2008 at 08:31pm
I know some people who don't even listen to music. They might turn on the radio occasionally, but the only time they're really exposed to it is through their friends.
I'm a bit different; I'm not going to say "Music is my life", because I can tell you now that it isn't. But not only do I listen to it a lot, my schedule kinda revolves around it; I play a few instruments, and I'm in the school concert band and jazz band. I'm going to band camp soon, and I have to practice every night. My life would be pretty boring without it, but I wouldn't go to the extreme of saying "music saved my life"
Music doesn't define who you are, because I listen to so many different genres like punk, indie, hip hop[well, only Australian stuff but whatever xD], techno, folk, hardcore, alternative etc. How could you possibly define me by what music I listen to?
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
June 27th, 2008 at 08:41pm
Lovesick Melody.:

Okay...
In regards to the 'My Chemical Romance saved my life' thing, I think people lie.
Well, not straight out lie, but say it without meaning. It seems to me that you have to say it to be a true or real fan.
This isn't just in regards to My Chem, but to any band.
It's just been overused ever since LOTMS came out, and to be frank, its not real.
I mean, people seem to follow My Chems word as if its some kind of rule.
I do not find this is the case.
I disagree when people say My Chem saved their life.
They did not physically make you stop cutting. YOU did.
They may have helped a hell of a lot, but they did not stop it all on their own.

I agree with that 100%
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 27th, 2008 at 10:35pm
Lovesick Melody.:

Okay...
In regards to the 'My Chemical Romance saved my life' thing, I think people lie.
Well, not straight out lie, but say it without meaning. It seems to me that you have to say it to be a true or real fan.
This isn't just in regards to My Chem, but to any band.
It's just been overused ever since LOTMS came out, and to be frank, its not real.
I mean, people seem to follow My Chems word as if its some kind of rule.
I do not find this is the case.
I disagree when people say My Chem saved their life.
They did not physically make you stop cutting. YOU did.
They may have helped a hell of a lot, but they did not stop it all on their own.

[font=1][size=90]
Okay.
Im going to disagree with you there.
Now I was never a cutter, but I can truely say MCR did save my life
because whenever I felt depressed/suicidal
I listened to them,
and its the message and the meaning behind the songs that makes me feel like I am not alone.
Also, I believe they are remmarkable people and I made a promise to mself that I have to meet them before I die,
So when I sat there at night crying, thinking of suicide and how the world would be without me, I listened to MyChem, and the fact of knowing that im not alone and that they WANT me to live is what kept me going....

The Butcher:
Music can affect everyone lives but at the same time everyone has to care about music just as much as a person willing to stand in line for hours to see a band. Not everyone is like that.
Music is life to those who have nothing to hold on to keep themselves from sinking. To others, music is just a thing to listen and to entertain.
It can save lives but not in a direct way.

Music is something that saved my life and is what keeps me entertained.
Thats all I can really say to that or I'd be repeating myself
barcoded.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
barcoded.
June 28th, 2008 at 12:07am
i htink tha music has an impact on everyone, and in a way it helps to define who
you are. everyone likes different music, and i know thta i couldnt live without it.
music has a way of calming me down or boosting me up, and no matter what mood im in there will always be a type of music that reflects my emotions.

the influence form music isnt just hte lyrics and the actual music though.
the peopl who make the music influence ho we see our lives in the way that they talk, and put messages into songs.

i belive that music is one of the most influential things in the world.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 28th, 2008 at 10:22am
Molly.Fuckin.Way:

the influence form music isnt just hte lyrics and the actual music though.
the peopl who make the music influence ho we see our lives in the way that they talk, and put messages into songs.

i belive that music is one of the most influential things in the world.

i dont think like modern music especially what everyone listens to is really that great or influential. its most likely three chords played over again
and music these days usually has no message in it .

example " souljah Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch me Crank It Watch me Roll
Watch me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe "

jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 28th, 2008 at 12:34pm
Migamphetamine:

i dont think like modern music especially what everyone listens to is really that great or influential. its most likely three chords played over again
and music these days usually has no message in it .

example " souljah Boy Off In This Hoe
Watch me Crank It Watch me Roll
Watch me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
Then Super Man Dat Hoe "

Exactly.
Barely any of the popular "music" kids listen to barely have a message
Seiously, Old rap was okay.
Now think about it.
Its mostly about Sex, Drugs, Girls (i hate w they treat women as like a prize) and gettign wasted

Think about it
Shawwteh had them applebottom jean
boots with the furr
the whole club was lookin gat hurrr
she it the flo
next thing you know
Shawteh got low,l;ow,low,low,low,low,low

or
Get you where you wanna go, if you know what I mean.
Got a ride that´s smoother than a limousine.
Can you handle the curves, can you run all the lights?
If you can baby boy, than we can go all night.
Cause it´s zero to sixty in three point five
Baby you got the keys.
Now shut up and drive, drive, drive.
Shut up and drive

Im sorry. Im trying to prove my point.
It seems to me that rock/alternative music is the only type of music these days that really has a message.
But I dont know about you guys, but local radio stations near me barely play it because its "unpopular".
Think about it: My Chemical Romance wants to save lives, and their music has a deeper meaning than what induviduals see.
Like in my school, they think hte term Welcome to the Black Parade is a racist term or its about death.
I dont know why but I have tried and tried to explain it to them ('coz trust me, im defensive over mcr)
and bands like Flyleaf: The song Cassie goes
Do you Believe in God?
Written on a bullet.
Say yes&&Pull the Trigger
Dpo you Believe in God?
Written on a bullet
and Cassie pull the trigger

Not only do people not see the talent she has with screaming (i swaer, I have never heard 'Im So Sick' or 'Sorrow' or any of their other singles other than All Around Me) people think she is telling us to commit suicide! meanwhile the song has a message and is about a sad,historical event.
I honestly think that it depends on the kinda music you listen to to say "This Band/Person saved my life" because as I p;ointed out before, popular music kids listen to these days is pretty pointless and degrading
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 28th, 2008 at 12:45pm
paralyzing silence.:

Exactly.
Barely any of the popular "music" kids listen to barely have a

You contradict yourself by agreeing with what Migamphetamine said.
By agreeing, you're basically saying that modern music is not all that influential, but then in your earlier posts you lament the fact that MCR saved your life, and that it means a lot to you. MCR is modern and popular music. They're mainstream just like Soulja Boy is mainstream.

And modern rap can have meaning and can have messages just like rock can. You just have to go further and listen to music that ISN'T on the radio for once, usually (although that's probably not true for all rappers).