Don't have an account? Create one!

Abortions.

AuthorMessage
dotdotdot
Killjoy
dotdotdot
October 21st, 2009 at 10:34am
I can't argue with the population thing, but I can argue about the adoption point. WHat about those families that can't have children that want to adopt but they can't because all the kids are being aborted? The population is being brought down slowly but surely from abortion. If it continues, sooner or later there won't be many humans left. But that would be in like 1000s of years. *shrugs*

Yes killing something alive could also mean an animal. Is being forced into pregnancy the same as forced into abortion? Being forced into pregnancy creates life. All you ahve to do is carry it and give birth and I know i say " all you have to do" and i know pregnancy isn't the best form of anything, but then you can put it up for adoption and not see the child again. There is always an alternative to abortion.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 21st, 2009 at 03:33pm
Abortion and giving the child up for adoption are not even close to the same. Perhaps the end result is somewhat similar, but that is all.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 21st, 2009 at 04:03pm
I believe the world population is going up, btw.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 21st, 2009 at 04:11pm
Another good point. It's not as if abortion is a fad and everyone does it for kicks. And even if they did, not everyone would do, not the majority. Which means that the world birth rate is probably always going to be significantly higher than the world abortion rate. =/
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
October 21st, 2009 at 07:26pm
mannaquin:
I can't argue with the population thing, but I can argue about the adoption point. WHat about those families that can't have children that want to adopt but they can't because all the kids are being aborted? The population is being brought down slowly but surely from abortion. If it continues, sooner or later there won't be many humans left. But that would be in like 1000s of years. *shrugs*

Yes killing something alive could also mean an animal. Is being forced into pregnancy the same as forced into abortion? Being forced into pregnancy creates life. All you ahve to do is carry it and give birth and I know i say " all you have to do" and i know pregnancy isn't the best form of anything, but then you can put it up for adoption and not see the child again. There is always an alternative to abortion.

I don't believe there is a shortage of kids who can be adopted (because otherwise, why would the foster care system be overloaded, adoption agencies all over the world, and programs like WBZ's "Wednesday's Child", where there is one child in need of a family featured every week?) Besides, not every unwanted fetus is aborted. Far from it, actually. For example, out of the 250 kids in my grade, five of them, including some of my best friends, are adopted. Some people will always choose not to have an abortion, and I think that's the beauty of choice-- there is the option of abortion if and only if you wish to take it. But, as previous posters said, the abortion rate is less than the birth rate, so the population would keep on growing.

Keeping the baby, giving birth, and giving it away is much more than not getting an abortion and doing nothing. Yes, it creates life, but if it takes away the mother's choice and either by complications resulting from pregnancy, the trauma of giving up her baby, or the stress of raising a baby she cannot care for adequately, it maims her. I don't think most mothers would be able to just give up the baby and never see it again, and the children even less. For me, the reason is the crucial difference between a child and a fetus-- one is conscious of itself, and is an independent, individual, while the other is just there, and because of that I strongly believe that we must give a pregnant woman the choice of abortion.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 22nd, 2009 at 12:43am
mannaquin:
IWHat about those families that can't have children that want to adopt but they can't because all the kids are being aborted? The population is being brought down slowly but surely from abortion.
No it isn't. The earth is inhabited by billions of people, and most women don't abort.

Termination has been around forever, just not legally. It's not like terminating your fetus is some new and scary concept that is taking over the world.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 22nd, 2009 at 09:41pm
^ Well stated. I really don't understand why people act as if abortion will end the human race, or that abortion is a sign of the terrible society we are in. If that were the case, surely human extinction would have happened by now? Or perhaps humans are all inherently evil, since abortion is evil and has been around since the beginning of humans?
dotdotdot
Killjoy
dotdotdot
October 23rd, 2009 at 10:33am
What about the trauma of having an abortion? Abrotion leads to despression, anxiety and sometimes even worse conditions for the mothers. And You are talking about the overloaded foster homes and adoption agencies in the world. What about in America where not many can adopt american babies, but most go to other countries where the adoptions aren't finalized, legalized and fall through.
Choice is a beautiful think and death can be too under the right circumstances.
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
October 23rd, 2009 at 12:08pm
abortions are wrong!! dont open your legs if you cant handle what comes out.. come on ppl use your brains
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 23rd, 2009 at 12:42pm
mannaquin:

yeah but you see not everybody in the world will get an abortion. there will still always be people who don't do that, and/or don't want to. plus, many more people in countries all across the world still have plenty of children, and those children are put up for adoption. for example, in china the population is so huge, there will always be plenty of babies to adopt, as well as other places. I've heard of a lot of poor children being up for adoption in russia who NEED to be adopted.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
October 23rd, 2009 at 03:16pm
mannaquin:
What about the trauma of having an abortion? Abrotion leads to despression, anxiety and sometimes even worse conditions for the mothers. And You are talking about the overloaded foster homes and adoption agencies in the world. What about in America where not many can adopt american babies, but most go to other countries where the adoptions aren't finalized, legalized and fall through.
Choice is a beautiful think and death can be too under the right circumstances.

Does it? Sometimes it does have a negative effect on the mother. But the fact remains that sometimes it does help her, sometimes it means the difference between poverty and affluence, or life and death, and that at the end of the day, I think it should remain her choice what happens to her and her body.

I'm not just talking about the foster homes and adoption agencies in the world. Specifically in America, they are crowded, and the systems are overloaded. And many of them can adopt in America. Of the five adopted kids in my grade, three of them were born in America. Yes, adoptions can fall through, but that doesn't mean that there aren't kids who can be adopted. That just means that the adoption system should be reformed.

When you say death can be beautiful, I suppose it can, if the mother is the one who freely chooses it. When it is the result of a government action banning her from having control over her own body, I disagree.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
October 23rd, 2009 at 05:23pm
sexibitch:
abortions are wrong!! dont open your legs if you cant handle what comes out.. come on ppl use your brains

Your post is not being part of the discussion it is just a basically a rant.
Please read the Discussions Forum Rules and the INO Rules.

Thanks
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 24th, 2009 at 12:50pm
sexibitch:

Please expand on that.

Why do you think abortions are wrong?

What do you think about rape victims who haven't "opened their legs"?
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 24th, 2009 at 12:53pm
mannaquin:
What about the trauma of having an abortion? Abrotion leads to despression, anxiety and sometimes even worse conditions for the mothers.

...Not neccessarily...
Abortion SOMETIMES leads to depression, anxiety and worse, but not ALWAYS. Admittedly I've never had an abortion, but I know people who have had abortions because they weren't ready, and it hasn't negatively affected their mental state.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
October 25th, 2009 at 10:00pm
mannaquin:
WHat about those families that can't have children that want to adopt but they can't because all the kids are being aborted?
Fact: the vast, vast majority of couples who are unable to have their own children don't want to adopt somebody else's. They want to go through whatever processes there are to conceive a biological child of their own (or with the aid of donor sperm/eggs/surrogate etc). For the most part, adoption is an absolute last resort and is probably the most undesirable option because of the red tape they get tangled up in by government processes, and let's not even get started on the notion of adopting children who are in the foster care system. Okay, you twisted my arm. Let's!
The way foster care is run, is with the intention of keeping the child/ren in question as close to their family as possible without putting them at risk of harm (but, fact is, most agencies who deal with child protection are so obsessed with keeping children with biological parents that children often DO come to serious harm because 'we thought it was best for them to stay with their mum/dad'). It takes years, and years, and plenty of false starts in order to adopt a child from foster care. Example: baby is born to junkie mother. Child is taken from her and placed in care. Carers attempt to adopt child, processes begin, mother shows up claiming to have cleaned up. Child services place child back in mother's care, only to have mother relapse and have child taken from her after accidentally overdosing on something. Carers take child again, get attached again, begin process of adoption again. Mother shows up again - married this time. Clean again. Child services hands child back, adoptive parents go through the grief of losing a child again.
Child ends up back in care after being molested/assaulted by mother's new partner. Then mother splits with partner and assures child services she'll never let the child come to harm again.

And so on, and so forth. It's hard. VERY hard. There are hundreds of thousands of children in the foster care system who are unable to be adopted by a loving family because the very nature of care is temporary - 'Just until your parents sort their crap out and can take you back'.
Abortion isn't reducing the number of children available for adoption, at all - it's more because unwed mothers, teen mothers, single mothers etc that were stigmatised and in some cases forced to give up their children in times past, are now recognised as worthy parents deserving of the community's support and aid in raising a child, so a woman who in 1959 would have been sent to a 'home' to birth her child and hand it over to strangers, in 2009 has access to resources and support that allows her to keep her child instead of giving it up.
dotdotdot
Killjoy
dotdotdot
October 26th, 2009 at 11:11am
They couldn't handle having the child so why did they have sex? You have to be reayd for all of the things that can happen.
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 26th, 2009 at 11:33am
So are you saying that NOBODY can EVER have sex unless they want a child?
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 26th, 2009 at 12:39pm
sexibitch:

with some people though, im guessing that doing that might just go deeper than "having sex". Things aren't really that simple. Although, logically what you say is correct in a way, since the only reason why people have the feelings to do that is a biological purpose to reproduce.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
October 26th, 2009 at 12:43pm
since the only reason why people have the feelings to do that is a biological purpose to reproduce.

I kind of disagree. Many people dont have sex for the biological purpose anymore, the meaning of sex really changed ages ago if you think about it.

thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 26th, 2009 at 07:11pm
It's not the meaning they are talking about. it's the fact that regardless of our motives, we all have a biological drive in our DNA to reproduce, hence we gravitate towards that when we are attracted to someone either physically or mentally.