Don't have an account? Create one!

Scary Childhood Memories

AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
November 19th, 2008 at 12:19pm
I'm not asthmatic, or anything, but when I was about 13, I was dragging a boat, cause the engine died, and I couldn't breathe, I was terrified. I couldn't physically take a breathe, it was terrifying. I didn't have the strength to pull myself into the boat, but I couldn't keep above the surface. it was horrible.

and the time I had a panic attack in the lift in portugal. that scared me the most.

Also, on the way back from a mcr gig, we were on the subway, but the train was early, so it had to sit in the station, and everyone was packed into the train, and it was tight, and I couldn't get out. I was terrified. I very nearly fainted.

and my stepfather.

reading back over some of these, it reminded me of another scary situation:
I have a paracetamol intolerance. I can take a very small amount, and it makes me feel ill, bu if I have enough to actually do anything worthwhile, it makes me vomit. I don't go into anaphalactic shock, and therefore, it doesn't count as an allargy. One time, I was in so much pain, but we didn't have any ibuprofen, so I thought, screw that, I'll take a paracetamol. I was puking for an hour, by the end, it was coming out of my nose. There was so much vomit, that I could breathe properly. Whem it was finally over, I had puked everything I had in my stomach, and I could hardly stand. And my mom was at work, so I had to clean up by myself. It was horrible. I had no idea when it was going to stop.
Burnout
Bleeding on the Floor
Burnout
November 19th, 2008 at 05:59pm
Well, these are all pretty much in my mind, because as a small child, I seemed to imagine scary things, particularly about wolves.

Okay, when i was young, maybe about 4-5 I would walk up stairs at my grandmas and the bathroom door was open, and I guess the shadow made it look like a figure of a man was standing in the doorway, and I think I had just saw some sorta screwed up Muppet Three Pigs or whatever, and I could swear I saw the Big Bad Wolf, So I was pretty scared to go upstairs for a while.

Another, Big Bad Wolf related weird memory or whatever, around that same time, is when I would try to go to sleep I would y'know lay against the pillow with my ear on it, y'know and there was thumping noise, and I guess it's just something with my ear or whatever, well I guess I thought it was the Big Bad Wolf again, and I was scared to go to sleep.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
November 20th, 2008 at 03:55pm
I was on hard drugs between the ages 14 - 18.
I know it's not strictly my 'childhood', but it does feel like a lifetime away from who I am now.
Insurgentes
Bleeding on the Floor
Insurgentes
November 21st, 2008 at 04:07pm
When I was 5 years old, my sister let me out of my room for dinner and as we were walking down the stairs, she complained I was walking too slow and proceeded to kick me down them. I went rolling from top to bottom, hitting my head on every step. I had knots all over my head for a few days after that. I don't much like stairs.

Sometime after my dad had left home (i.e. after I was already 6.), I was locked in my bedroom and because I'd been so fed up with it, I did everything I could to make sure it wouldn't lock anymore. It only resulted in me getting stuck in my room for several hours until my brother and sister finally got it unlocked. Similarly, whenever my mum would be at work and my siblings had to watch me, if I even so much as set foot on the top step to come down, one or the other (sometimes both.) would chase me with belts, broomsticks and the like.

When it would storm, my brother would tease me about thunder and lightning, or even tornadoes so badly that I would just about be pissing myself from fear. As a result, I don't like thunderstorms AT ALL (read as: I am terrified of them.) and I have frequent nightmares about tornadoes. Usually more than one twister appears in said dreams/nightmares.

I think the scariest thing to happen to me was almost every night when I would sleep, I'd have the same "dream", if it can be even called that. In it, I would be up on the ceiling with my back against it and I could see everything in the room below me, including myself. I would be up there for just a mere few minutes, before I'd come crashing down against the bed, resulting in my waking up with a sharp jolt. It would scare me so bad that sometimes I'd wake up crying. They continued to happen, but decrease in frequency as time went on until it eventually stopped happening. The last time I recall this happening is when I was 12 or so.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 11th, 2009 at 12:02pm
Cereal Killer:
Pretty much anything involving my family members or myself in the hospital.
LOVE MACHINE
Really Not Okay
LOVE MACHINE
January 11th, 2009 at 02:39pm
OK so one time I was running in the church basment, and I hit my head on the file cabnit, and had to get my forehead stitched togethter because I cracked it. Now I'm afraid of needles because they used one to stich me up.

also when we had the fire safty week thing at schol when i was like 6 i always thought my house was going to catch on fire because we did this thing wher its a simulation of how to get out of a burning house..it was scary, but the smoke smelled like waffles.... Very Happy xD O.o
on birds and glass
Always Born a Crime
on birds and glass
January 11th, 2009 at 03:07pm
Seeing a man jack off while going to the park with my friend.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 15th, 2009 at 12:06am
boils.

a whole row of them on my stomach that wouldnt go away for the longest time. it has made me avidly loathe anything vaguely pus-related

love is the movement:
Seeing a man jack off while going to the park with my friend.

Goddamn that is creepy. o__O
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 15th, 2009 at 12:40am
almost drowned because the wave pool was overcrowded and i got pushed under people
got molested by my best friend when i was 4

not a good childhood i would say
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
January 15th, 2009 at 12:54am
when i was 3 or 4, i can't remember, i had brochilitis (sp) and i was standing next to the fireplace and then my mum picked me up and rushed me to the hospital, they put a mask on me to help me breathe but i kept taking it off.
It wasn't scary at the time because i didn't know what was going on, but its kinda freaky now.
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
January 15th, 2009 at 12:57pm
when i was around 5 years old, i choked on a biscuit. my dad had to give me the heimlich maneuver.
ever since then, i'm petrified about choking, and i always eat slowly so i won't choke.
Dream of Falling
Bleeding on the Floor
Dream of Falling
January 15th, 2009 at 02:40pm
Probably the my most scary childhood memories, were my dreams. I would always dream that I was lying in bed and had crickets srawling all over me, it was totally black, but the darkness was moving. And the sound...
Another dream I had, that I try to block out, I was swimming in our house, it was filled with water, and we had pet piglets and they were swimming, and then the piglets died horribly...I woke up crying and my mom had to stay with me till I fell asleep, but that dream still makes me feel awful inside.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 15th, 2009 at 06:09pm
this isn't scary, but it's just awful. last year, 7th grade, people in my class basically harrassed me sexually. touching, verbal, stalking, starring... God i'm glad i changed schools. also because i have friends now.
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
January 17th, 2009 at 06:29pm
When I was 8 or 9 my big brother almost drowned me, well he knew that I can't reach the pool floor since it was 7 feet and I was just backstrocking to get to the other side and here comes my brother who disturbed me and I sank and he left me there O.O I think he didn't know what was going on... So I yelled and yelled and barely breathed and water was going in my mouth ( bleugh, you know how it feels right? when you drink it >.< ) then my other older brother pulled me out of the water... bad bad experience really...
S!NNER.
Salute You in Your Grave
S!NNER.
January 18th, 2009 at 09:20pm
not so much childhood, since i was 14 when it happened but:

1). i got stuck in an elevator with my friend kim & almost had a panic attack.

2). i got the stomach flu while in england and had to fly home the next day. god, it was terrible to me even though i know it isn't such a big deal. but it was scary for me & i ended up developing emetophobia from it.
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
January 19th, 2009 at 04:49pm
Oh God, I have one.

I was at the park when I was like eight or something and my mom brought our dog with us, who she tied to a tree while we were playing on the playset and stuff.
So I kept going over to pet my dog because she was getting upset that we were leaving her all alone, and this one old lady wanders over and starts talking to me.
At first she seemed to just be a typical old lady who wanted someone to talk to, but then she started asking me if my dog had shots or whatever and I just kind of shrugged my shoulders because I was eight and I didn't know any better. Then the old lady started freaking out and wanted to find my mom and ask about shots or whatever she was on about at the moment. My mom eventually came over and then the old lady started ranting even more to my mom, which progressed and progressed until my mom finally took me and my dog to the car and the old lady followed us there.
She started talking about how she was going to call the police on us because we had a "rabid dog" and she even wrote down our license plate number so she could call it in or whatever the hell she thought she would do with it. Eventually my mom got us in the car and drove away from the freak and we both thought she was going to try and follow us, which she luckily did not do.

But believe me, I've been traumatized of talking to strangers ever since.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
January 19th, 2009 at 05:47pm
When my family was pulling out of the garage and my
sister and I saw a real turkey hanging upside down from a string on the fence.
People found out that it belonged to the neighbors.
It was really traumatizing...
Vampires!
Fabulous Killjoy
Vampires!
January 20th, 2009 at 08:44pm

1. see my dad have to tackle my brother because he would not stop taking swings at him
2. my brother used to chase me around the house and catch me. when he did he would beat the shit out of me. I remeber hiding in the cabinet in my bathroom from him
3. I saw a hit and run. The driver ran over strikers. I saw the bodies after before the EMS came.
4. Kid always used to tell me to kill myself. Everyday.
5. Cracking my head open on a bird bath. Lots of blood.
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
January 21st, 2009 at 09:41am
my uncle is a doctor.
so he has a lot of syringes stocked up at home.
he used to scare me with those.
he said he would inject poison in my system if i wasn't being good. Neutral
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
January 21st, 2009 at 01:33pm
i remember in this wax museum near where i live..
there was this tunnel you could go through to get to another exhibit, it was for kids.
and there were all these lights to show you the way out.
and when i was in there the lights went out and itt was completely black and i like, freaked, because it was impossible to get out. then i started banging on the walls and this woman opened like, an emergency door.

i was so freaked.