Scary Childhood Memories

AuthorMessage
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:24pm
When I was 2 I thought my Mum was leaving me in this pool
And it scared me so much that I ran out, slipped and cracked my head open LOL

And then when a snake came through the stairs in front of me....[snakes are my biggest fear]...I got a panic attack lolll
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:25pm
I hallucinated of green fuzzy caterpillars when I had a really high fever. I'd see them everywhere, and I spent a whole night screaming and crying about it.
And I'm still scared of green caterpillars.

Oh, and I almost died. Lung infection. xD
End Of The World.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
End Of The World.
June 24th, 2007 at 02:47pm
My grandmother used to have a massive collection of porcelain dolls, but she didn't like the eyes so she'd poke them out with a knitting needle
(... I know ...).
Anyways, I was at her house one day, it was just the two of us, I think I was about 6... She went outside and I fell on something - and I stumbled into her doll closet. The closet was tall and narrow, the walls were full of shevles which were full of dolls... and the closet door was heavy and it got stuck in the frame. The only light in there was a bare light bulb. Anyways, I fell over the door wedge and knocked it out of the bottom of the door, and I was stuck in there... My head was bleeding because I hit it on a shelf. The buld was swinging because of the force of the door. And it was just me and the eyeless dolls for about 50 minutes (I passed out after that) ... I was in there for ages because my grandmother was outside for about 20 mins and then she thought I was playing a game... So she left me in there...
After the 50 mins, my mum came in and got me out... took me to the hospital and never let me go to that house again...
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
June 24th, 2007 at 02:51pm
Ohh i have another memory.
I almost drown when i was 6 years old. I was at a lake and i didn't know how to swim real well yet. I was about waist deep in the water and i moved foward a little and when down into this deep drop. Then some girl came and saved my life, she carried me to shallow water. I turned to say thanks and she was gone. I just barely remember the girl.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 24th, 2007 at 02:56pm
Well this is a dream that i used to have all the time when i was little, and i always remember it and get scared incase i ever dream it again.
I used to be walking down this long hallway towards a door at the end, and when i used to open it, some sort of powder used to be filling the whole room. I'd walk in and the door would close and this powder would gradually fill the room until theyre was only the smallest space for me to breathe. Then finally it would be full, and i would sufficate.
dean winchester.
Tragic With a Capital T
dean winchester.
June 24th, 2007 at 03:11pm
When I was about six, I was going to Wal mart with my neighbor, Bobby and her Dad. She was 3 years older than me. Her family was really, really horrible. Her parents abused her and her brothers. They were also in really rough shape, money wise.
Anyway, we were taking the backroads there. There was a hawk in the middle of the road eating something, and her dad looked to the both of us, and asked us if we wanted to see something cool. We nodded, and he sped the car up, and ran over the hawk, killing it. Bobby & I started screaming and crying, and her Dad said that if we didn't stop, he'd do the same to us. Then he pulled the car over, put the hawk in a bag, and put it in the back seat.
After we came back from wal-mart, I went home. They invited me over for dinner, but I wasn't allowed.
I went over a few hours later and Bobby had told me that they had eaten the hawk for dinner. I looked over the fence in the backyard, and sure enough, there was all of the feathers, and the head of the bird.

It pretty much scarred me for life. Ever since then I've been really sensitive towards animals. I think that's one of the many reasons that I'm veg.

Another one, it's actually got to due with Bobby and her family.

Both her parents had huge drinking problems. Instead of buying their kids food or medice, they'd buy beer.
I remember this very, very vividly. It was roughly -25 degrees outside, and there was a huge snowstorm coming. We had just gotten home from school.
About two hours after I had gotten home, my mom looked outside and saw Bobby and her two little brothers [ages four and six] sitting on the front porch with no coats on, shivering like mad. She knew that the mother had locked them out, since she was drunk. So my mom brought them to our house, and fed them.
Their mom saw this, and freaked out. My mom threatened to call child services on them. Eventually, they ended up getting into a fist fight in my front yard. My moms friend, Charlie [who happened to be renting the house out to Bobby's family] had to come break it up. There was blood everywhere. It was horrible. The next day at school Bobby had bruises all up her arms, in the shape of finger prints.
A few weeks later, Charlie kicked them out of the house. I remember the day they left, Bobby had a black eye and a swollen lip.

Two weeks later, there was a newspaper article on them. They were living out of their car that had no heating. the parents couldn't get jobs, and they had run out of money. Their youngest son, Alex had pneumonia, and they couldn't afford medicine for him.
I don't know what has happened to them since that.

It may not seem scary to a lot of people, but it was very terrifying to me. I can remember countless times seeing Bobby with a black eye, or hearing her Dad threaten her.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 24th, 2007 at 03:19pm
^^^ Oh my god that was really frightening reading that. I feel bad for bobby and her family. Also for you having to see her like that every day.
Thats a really nasty memory to have.
Teenage Queen
Fabulous Killjoy
Teenage Queen
June 24th, 2007 at 11:28pm
I was spending new years eve at my friends house with my 2 other friends, so we decided to rent a movie and we ended up watching one of the Child's Play movies (I can't remember which one) so I was freaking out because I hate scary movies. Then when the movie was over we all went into my friends room and her cell phone rings, but it was at like 2 in the morning, so she awnsers it and its just creepy sounding breathing. So she hangs up and then like three seconds later it rings again and its just creepy breathing again, so she hangs up. It rings again and at this point my friend is yelling at who ever is on the phone and then a really freaky voice come on and says "you girls shouldnt talk like that, you might get into trouble". So at this point I'm really scared and my friend hangs up. Then it rings again but we ignore it. So then the house phone rings and my friends mom picks it up, but the voice wont respond. Then we turn off her bedroom lights because we think the person might be watching us through the window. Her cell phone rings again and she awnsers it and the voice goes " you better turn the light back on bad things happen in the dark". At this point my friend and I are freaking out and crying. Then my friend's mom comes in and sees us crying. Then she tells us that it was all a joke and that it was her sister calling us. They decided to prank us because we pulled a prank on my friends little sistar earlier.(we messed up her room a bit)

I know it was just a prank but I couldn't stop shaking all night and to this day I won't awnser the phone unless I reconize the number.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
June 25th, 2007 at 12:13am
I remember my asshole father being abusive
..I don't feel like elaborating.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 25th, 2007 at 01:57am
amphetamine:
- I saw the planes crash into the towers on tv

I remember when that happened. I was living on the West Coast at that time, three hours earlier than the East Coast. So it was about 6 am or around that time, and I was getting ready for school. I was...what, 12 or something. My parents would always get up when we did to make sure we got ready for school in time, and my mom was watching the news.

All of a sudden we hear her just kinda go "Oh my god," in this voice she only uses when something or someone is hurt really badly, and then we go in there and she'd dropped her cup of coffee on the floor, and we looked at the TV and they were showing the footage of the planes hitting, then the building exploding.

I didn't really get politics or anything and I didn't quite conceive the notion of that many people dying at once...but I still teared up. I don't know why I cried...I just did.

We realized that my grandparents were touring in NYC around that time and we all got extremely upset, and at about that time they announced that the Pentagon had been hit as well.

I'm wanting to cry just thinking about it. You know, I may not be attached to America as an entity and I may disagree with a lot of aspects of my country, but it's still appalling to feel under attack and see that many people die, see them leaping from buildings rather than burn to death even though they died either way, and know that it was just because of the country we lived in. Just because of physical borders, we were all hated.

The question of the year was "What were you doing when it happened?" and every television in my school was on all day. No class work was done. We were all so afraid and it was like the TV was a lifeline.

My grandparents had decided not to go through NYC because of traffic.
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
June 25th, 2007 at 02:59am

my mother chased me around the house with a knife because I talked back to her
it was because I was scared and didnt want her to pull my wiggly tooth out

that event has basically left me scarred
O_O

Also, I remember September eleven happening
I came back from my holiday in America a day or so before it happened.

ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
June 25th, 2007 at 03:05am
September 11. I was only eight. I went downstairs and my parents were just... Watching. I was so shocked. I didn't know politics but I knew instantly that a lot of people were harmed. It also made me learn to hate. It was very frightening.
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
June 25th, 2007 at 03:11am
watching someone get curb-stomped....bleh..I was 7.....still grosses me out
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
June 25th, 2007 at 03:57am
Tacky and Irrelevant:
My mom packed her stuff and dumped me at my dad's for almost half a year

I had a massive breakdown when it was my birthday
he was treating me like complete shit, and all my emotions just built up until I couldn't take anything anymore, so I had an anxiety attack
he almost punched me in the face when I told him I couldn't move my legs or arms and that I had gone completely numb
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
June 25th, 2007 at 04:44am
From even before i was in kindergarten, i've always been afraid of my big brother's best friend. He's around 3 years older than me and he would sometimes get really rough with me and do things like hit me or take advantage of me because i was weak but he would only do this when my brother wasn't around and some days he would come over when my brother wasn't there and just spend the day making my life hell. After a couple of cases where the things he did went too far he began to stop coming around as much.
But after a while he did come back and began taunting me again, around the age of 10. He would grab my wrists really tight and call me a cutter and try and check my wrists but i wouldn't let him because i knew he was right.

I'm still scared of him this day too and will try and get away from the house when he comes over.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
June 26th, 2007 at 07:06pm
I remember finding a dead baby bird at my grandmother's house
I was like 4 or 5 and it was just lying there , all hairless
I called my mom and she said a cat had killed it
I felt bad for it. I wanted to help it somehow, even in death.
EMSEEAR
Killjoy
EMSEEAR
June 26th, 2007 at 07:24pm
The days when i used to come home from school to find my dad either trying to strangle my mum or have a knife at her throat.
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
June 26th, 2007 at 07:42pm
Once, wehn my sister and her friend locked me out of the room we shared, my dad got super duper pissed [she was 10, I was 6] and he punched the door really hard and slapped her. It's been eight years and that chipped wood is still there. He punched the door because she wouldn't let me get a Beanie Baby.

When my mom gets really mad, she sometimes grabs me by the back of my hair so I'll listen to her. Needless to say, it works.

When my sister or I argue back with my dad, he sometimes chases us to our rooms and pounds on our doors. I seriously get the shit scared out of me.

After reading tons of ghost stories and a book about 'Washington Hauntings', I'm deathly afraid of the dark. On occasion, I'll be throwing a washrag across the bathroom and hit the lightswitch. It's usually while I'm in the shower, and since I lock the bathroom door, I usually cower in the corner before I get the nerve to run across my bathroom and turn on the light.

I almost drowned numerous times when I was younger, due to the stupidity of my parents. Yup, they're pretty damn smart.

karma police.
Always Born a Crime
karma police.
June 26th, 2007 at 07:51pm
Finding out my sister was clinically depressed and had to be put on pills.
Then she got into weed, shrooms. And she steals things all the time.

Not really a childhood memory, more of a 1-3 month ago memory.
LOVE MACHINE
Really Not Okay
LOVE MACHINE
June 26th, 2007 at 08:21pm
when I was in elemantry school i went to the "Haunted Hospital" there was this lady who was all bloody and her baby was all bloody and she was like "please save my baby...please save my baby...". it was freaky.